Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
12. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean?
    #3066194 - 08/29/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ

12. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean?

Post your answers and links here.

Also, check the link in my signature to work on the Tripper's FAQ yourself! You can edit and work on any page! Help out!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
Re: 20. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean? [Re: Rose]
    #3067652 - 08/30/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

1 = not enough
5 = too much

nothing compairs to the 1st time you hit the level 5, though

Offlinecurious4
    #3071392 - 08/30/04 09:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

there is a faq about that just look.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: 20. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean? [Re: curious4]
    #3071398 - 08/30/04 09:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:smirk:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #3071532 - 08/30/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: 20. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean? [Re: JaRRn]
    #3071876 - 08/31/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Some of these discussion threads work better than others.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3207841 - 10/02/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Let me just say that I don't agree with any of this that I am going to say. This is just the general consensus. From my experience, the set and setting is more important than the dosage. In fact, dosage is a strange thing with mushrooms. It is not always a greater effect from more mushrooms. Though there are certain levels of psilocybin intoxication that you can reach. That is what is meant by the level 1 through 5.
Level 1 - A light dose( up to a gram) You will feel high and maybe happy and giddy, laughing. It can last anywhere from a half hour to two hours.
Level 2 - A medium dose( one to two grams) You will definitely get high and may have strange visual distortions. This can last from one to three hours.
Level 3 - A regular dose( two to three plus grams) Key psychedelic phenomenon. Colors get brighter, everything seems more real. Thoughts at a mile a minute. Visual hallucinations, mostly restricted to the breathing of walls and flowing of surfaces. This will usually last about three hours and then abruptly end.
Level 4 - A high dose( four to five grams) Extreme psychedelic effects. Moments of eternity. Possibly ego loss and loss of control. This is where bad, intense, trips come from. Although they are possible on lower doses, this is where people start to question what they are and what reality is. Can last from three to five hours.
Level 5 - An extremely high dose( five plus grams) Perception shattering mind death. Everything that you have ever known will cease to be what you knew. You will join your environment, which is you, and sing the universal song that today is a great day to be alive. You will cease to be and you will realize your true nature, that you are divine, and only on a planetside trip. This will usually last at least six hours.
Again let me stress that you do not need the listed dosages to reach that particular level. Every person is different and we all react differently. Some people are sensitive to psilocybin and they can go all the way out with only a gram. Others are tolerant to psilocybin, more likely they have a tough ego built up around them, and require more than the listed dosages to reach that type of consciousness.
Also, the levels don't really mean anything. They are useful in refering to different states of altered conciousness but they are only a rough outline. The truth is that anything can happen on any level at any time, even when not on the mushroom. These states exist, it is just that most people can only access them with a specific key, psilocybin.
At least that is how I see it!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #3207894 - 10/02/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't use levels.

To me it's only,

1. Ego-loss.
2. No Ego-loss.

both have their unique advantages :P

Although there is a lot talk about this "level 5" zen like state.

I have yet to experience it. Maybe it follows the lines of; you don't choose a level 5 trip, it chooses you.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: 20. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean? [Re: adamj]
    #3208300 - 10/02/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Levels can suck.

Is there a better way to describe a trip's intensity?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: 20. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean? [Re: adamj]
    #3208783 - 10/03/04 12:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Let me see if I can take a hack at this.

Level 1 (<1g dry)
Mental: Feels off baseline. Persistent feeling similar to anxiety sometimes accompanied by lots of laughters.
OEV: Things start flashing around in periphery vision. Lights become brighter along with slight dialation of pupils.
CEV: Very little but still in tune with setting.

Level 2 (5.g - 2g)
Mental: Edgy at time, relaxed others. Rapid shift and deep emotions.
OEV: Lights take on a prismatic effect during the night. A back-lit effects on objects and people take on an aura. During the day time, clouds and bright objects take on different colors. Things move as if breathing. Trails on bright objects show up.
CEV: Clear and controllable kaleidoscopic visuals.

Level 3 (2g - 5g)
Mental: Time starts to lose meaning. Random thoughts pop in the mind. Paying attention becomes a bit hard. Easy to get lost in euphoria once you start on a thought trail. Hard to communicate with others but you always seem to make sense no matter what you say.
OEV: Reality starts to take on cartoonish color and theme. Colors are very well defined but changing constantly. Trails on normal objects become strong. Flashes of objects or people at places that aren't there in the periphery vision.
CEV: Hard to control. It could be simple as patterns or full blown movie in the making. I think it's mostly affected by sounds and thought, even though you can get lost in it so much that you don't even realize if you someone is trying to snap you out.

Level 4(5g-?)
Mental: Thoughts become reality. Senses become all mixed up(you can see the sounds, taste the colors) Sense of understanding of universe and self. Death might lose meaning along with time. Irrational thoughts start to make sense. Become lazy.
*Heavy body load.
OEV: Don't believe what you see. Don't believe what you remember. Just remember what is possible in the REAL plane and everything else fake. You'll often catch yourself having the best conversation ever with a chair thinking that chair was your best friend or sibling. Don't fight anything at this point, just go with it as long as it isn't dangerous. It's really easy to get distracted and completely forget what you were involved with at this point, so if you are having a bad experience, move a little away or change positions enough to start on another thought trail.
CEV: Cartoon world of movies. Memory loops possible.

Level 5: I've never achieved this level to point of losing control on shrooms, so I can't say. I've only been there once with DXM and a lot with LSD. I strongly recommend a sitter at this point. But then again, I don't know what level 5 trip is like on shrooms.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Did I mess anything up?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: 20. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3209391 - 10/03/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sam1912 said:
Hard to communicate with others but you always seem to make sense no matter what you say.

I got the same thing! Except no metter what I/them say it DOESN`T seem to make much sense and not really describes what is happaning/what we wanted to comunicate...  :smirk:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: 12. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean? [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #3895961 - 03/09/05 11:50 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Here is what we have so far. Feel free to add your comments in this thread, or change the answer yourself by editing the Wiki to your liking.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
Re: 12. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean? [Re: Rose]
    #3896276 - 03/10/05 12:56 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Shrooms are different for everyone so i dont have exact doses but this is what i have generally seen. I happen to lay at the higher end of the dosage curve(shitty for me), while i have friends that a little over a gram will send them to a 4-5.
1-2grams
a level 1-2 is similar to smoking a lot of good hash or oil. From a little THC buzz to an intense hashy stone, possible breathing,sparkling of lights or pulsating visuals. A little mindfuck but nothing compared to further levels, little to no possibility of "freaking out"(1 in 20ppl)
2-3grams
3 is where you start to "trip" visuals become more than just sparkles  and shifting,yet they are still seen as visuals, not reality, your mind is thinking on a different level. Some mushroom varieties  give you an MDMA type body load at this dose and up. This is a comfortable tipping level for myself and many others i know. Low to moderate level of "freaking out"(1 in 10ppl)
3-6grams+!!!
4-5 Complete Mindfuck and possible loss of reality. Insane visuals, ego loss. Extreme body load accomanied by stimulant or opiate like body "waves" in some cases minor loss of motor skills (hard to walk, talk, roll a joint.... At level 5 visuals start to become indistinguishable from reality and you can become quite confused
Moderate to high "freak out"level (1 in 5 ppl)
Doses are in Good :mushroom2: DRY Cubensis from a relaibel source
freak out factor is for first timers

This is not taken from anywhere
just my observations throughout my 50 + trips in the past 4 years
I dunno if its just my friends but i have seen a lot of " freak outs"
One just a few days ago actually, his first time only about 1.5 grams of Ps. cyans. He lost it and wouldnt listen to anyone for hours.

Edited by Luv_The_Cyans (03/10/05 01:00 AM)

InvisibleJoeChip
Entropy
Re: 12. What do the different trip levels (1-5) mean? [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #3898090 - 03/10/05 02:16 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

good job Sam1912.
I liked your definition of the "levels". :laugh:

--------------------
I am Ubik. Before the universe was, I am. I made the suns. I made the worlds. I created the lives and the places they inhabit; I move them here, I put them there. They go as I say, they do as I tell them. I am the word and my name is never spoken, the name which no one knows. I am called Ubik, but that is not my name. I am. I shall always be.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains