Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location
    #3898023 - 03/10/05 03:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well I cannot give precise locations but some of you may know where I am or am not.

I spent many enjoyable days picking shrooms on all of the surrounding hills in this image and area all the way down to the ocean.

and here is a single cowpie from this location.

mj

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGED
ShroomGod
Female User Gallery
Loc: Taiwan
Re: My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3898088 - 03/10/05 04:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Right on mj!  :wink:

Be safe,

Offlinemiiddiesman024
Stranger
Re: My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location [Re: GED]
    #3898593 - 03/10/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

When you eat fresh mushrooms, from the earth, as i assume you probably did, do you get a different vibe from them?? That is to say, do you feel they are in touch with a different energy in being that they came from the earth and its natural energy, rather than our manipulated energy.

I present this question to you MJ because you seem to go hunting around the world, which sounds fantastic btw. The reason behind my question, a deeper question, do the shrooms from the earth from different parts of the world get you in touch with different vibes or energies. So mushrooms from hawaii got you in touch with a lax, ancient spirit of the polynesians who probably used the mushrooms recreationaly or religiously.

Im sorry if my question/s are complicated if there is anything that is confusing could you let me know so i can clarify. Im really interested in this. I have some pretty crazy beliefs on energy/religion/god/mushrooms+other hallucigens. When i trip i swear im with god in a sense at his right hand. Not necesarrily the christian god so many today know, but more of an energy that im aware of and dont even come close to understanding its existence. THanks a lot.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location [Re: miiddiesman024]
    #3898663 - 03/10/05 06:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I never eat shrooms while picking. It is not a cool thing to do. Never know when someone might hassle you while picking or you may see a horrible car accident. I had that happen in Seattle in 1982 in the fall. WEnt out to go to the corner store for my wife and there was a horrible car crash and a few people died. Never went out side again on shrooms. I was still bummed out the next day.

When you are getting high you really need to be in a good place where nothing negative is going to happen. That also means other people being weird arouond you when you are on shrooms.

Acid I could stand anything. But I would bnever eat shrooms when picking or away form my sanctuary. Warm hot tub, music, warm woman make for a hot experience.

mj

Offlinemiiddiesman024
Stranger
    #3898904 - 03/10/05 07:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I love being outdoors with shrooms. Ive only tripped on mushrooms 3 times, and also three times on acid. Acid is unfuckingbelieveable. But acid tends to make me live in a pyscho dream lalala land, and when i come off of it , it tends to fuck up my reality for a few days lol no joke.

So you have never noticed a difference in varietys of wild cubensis as far as the spirituality of the trip?

I understand how devastating seeing a car crash on shrooms could be, it could effect you in extremely powerful ways. When im outdoors on mushrooms i honestly feel in the womb of the higher power which trips me the fuck out. IDK i guess im far out, even compared to shroomery standards lol. Thanks a lot dude, have a great night.

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #3902101 - 03/11/05 12:44 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

whats up MJ, that place looks beautiful. I am moving to Maui from washington in 2 weeks. Looking forward to picking fresh cubensis in the wild. I am gonna miss this area but at least i am moving somewhere else where shrooms are readily available. The big thing i am going to miss about this area is that i do not have to trespass onto people property to pick but i am will figure something out when i get there. Well goodbye to washington and Hello Maui!!!!!

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3902166 - 03/11/05 12:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

in the background mj, is that C.H. ? :wink:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #3902270 - 03/11/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Lovely scenery

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location [Re: fliped]
    #3902754 - 03/11/05 02:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

fliped,

Psilocybe cubensis do not grow wild in Hawaii.

Copelandia mushrooms do tho'..

Offlinebunnyjon
Monster Bunny
 User Gallery

#3902892 - 03/11/05 02:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

MJ, Did you pick these recently?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location [Re: TODAY]
    #3902896 - 03/11/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yes today, that is deifinitely C.H.

and Fliped,

There is a few Maui locations given in my paper, "Mushrooms in Paradise published here somewhere in the Shroomeries FAQ.

On Maui there are no fences up the mountain on Haleakala (the volcano). Just go up Kula Highwy and walk along. Many miles of pasture land and a large farm known as Ulapalakua, it covers a central portion of the west side of the volcano. No fences whatsoever. You can go tot he volacano at ten thousand feet and walk down the mountain. However, shrooms start at about 5000 meters down the side. Only two police cars aday patriol the highway up Kula, once int he morning and once in the afternoon.. Or visit the windsurfing and kite flying region north of the hippie village of Paia as noted in my Mushrooms in Paradise article.

Also Makawao and Pukalani and of course Hana by the Sea where Puff the magic dragon sells pakalolo.

I use to ride to Hana and there are approximately 53 bridges to Hana on the highway. Everytime one nears a bridge. local teenagers (12-16-years-old) jump out from the brush and wave bags of pakalolo as one drives by. However, i often went to Hana at the wrong time but everything else was closer to me when I lived in Kehei on Maui.

\I would hitch-hike up the mountain on a daily basis, do the Kula highway stretch and then be back home in Kehei in time to work each afternoon, always on time. Hitch-hiking is legal on Maui because there is actually only one bus which goes twice a day from Kehei to Lahaina amd Kanapali.

You just stand with your hands folded at the waist and people actually pull over to offer you a ride.

Here is my Maui poem.

By The shores of Kanapali,
At the place where warriors fell.
Stands a brand new reservation,
Conrad Hilton's new hotel.\

Have a shroomy day. And enjoy Maui, No'ka'oi (the best).
Also Don Henley of the Eagles owns KPOI Radio on Maui.

Probably the best Rock station in America.

The photo below here is of Lalani, A lady friend of mine who shroomed with me on numerous ocasions in almost the same area of the above photo, but at a different time of the year.

mj

Offlinebunnyjon
Monster Bunny
 User Gallery

#3902938 - 03/11/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've been to that local a couple times this month with no luck, but I plan to keep trying. Been up to the North Shore too, which has been dry. But it rained a lot two days ago, so I'll try again today or tomorrow.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #3903463 - 03/11/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

that place is simply beautiful mj. Thanks for posting those pics.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3904006 - 03/11/05 06:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Here is a photograph of the same location, or close to where I was int he first image of the left view from where I was standing.

You can still see the ridge on the left in the first image, now in the image below, going all the way up on my left.

All of those little rolling hills and valleys are shroomy places to pick, Also on the sea level along the highway.

and then when I turn to my right, this is what i see.

Now below along the highway past Chinaman's hat a view of some of the mountain ridges from the highway looking towards the mountain ridges. See how the trees are captured int he reflection in the pool of water directly below.

Finally!

All shroomy territory.

There are two farm houses on the left and right of the ranch. You can see them from up on the mountain looking down. Problem is there are ranch hands with binnoculars who actually watch the ridges looking for shroomers to chase away. They have horses, dobermans and mini tractors for tourist rides yet they will come after people if they see them. One time a ranch hand on a horse with a couple of girls, ripped my letter of permission up and said he did not care who I was or who gave me permission, he wanted me off the land.

Whle one person owns all the cattle and the main ranch, much of the surroounding pastures are leased tot he ranch so although I p had permission from the owner to be there, the others who own the surrounding properties often hassle haoles.

This particular person actually threated to sick his dobies on my but if he caught me again on his property.. I think he was trying to impress the girls on horseback.

I wnet to hand him my letters and he grabbed them and shreaded them into the field.

Of course I left for the day.

That happened to me about five times in twelve years.

mj

More later if I have time to scan a few more slides. They are beautiful when shown in a carousel but somehow the scanner is not functioning properly in translating the pictures to my computer. Will try to figure it out later.

Shit having a proboem posting another image. It keeps going time out when attempting to connect to the shroomery.org
Won't let me get the image or post this page.

Now I have turned it all off for the third time.

mj

Edited by shroomydan (03/11/05 09:53 PM)

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #3909906 - 03/13/05 01:39 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for all that info MJ, it is much appreciated. Those pictures are so beautiful, i am really looking forward to hiking around the island and seeing all the sites and if i can find some mushrooms too along the way that will be a nice bonus.

OfflineJoops
Stranger
Re: My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location [Re: fliped]
    #3962672 - 03/24/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

MJ, you weren't hiking around pupukea on monday, were you?

I've really been meaning to get up tp that area around C.H. and go hunting, but from bunny's bad luck with hunting, and MJ's experiences (dobermans, horsemen, bloody skulls on trees, binoc. guards, etc), I always seem to get sidetracked toward something else

we should get a Hawaii gathering something, there seem to be several Hawaiian's around...

anyways, I just purchased a newer, really faster scooter its really great now I have no excuse not to get to the NS anytime... I really want to go hunting at that locale, MJ, but from what you speak, I'm not to sure. I would try regardless but am a bit concerned I would get all the way up there and not find the right spots....

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location [Re: Joops]
    #3963650 - 03/24/05 06:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I moved from Hawaii 8 years ago

mj

What is NS?

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
    #3964601 - 03/24/05 01:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What is pakalolo?
I assume it is shrooms.

thx

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: My Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Shroom Location [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3964648 - 03/24/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I never heard pot referred to as NS?

mj

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3964714 - 03/24/05 02:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

NS= North Shore?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification