Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
What, if any, benefits should I expect from enriching my soak water for wbs..
    #3897890 - 03/10/05 01:27 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

I have done some coffee soaked wbs(ala Rodger), but it is not at the fruiting stage. I have also been considering some poo water for a soak. And possibly some poo/coffee water for soaking. My guess as to what will happen is while soaking, the wbs will absorb some of the nutrients through the solution. This would hopefully result in possibly more robust flushes and possibly extend the # of flushes. I realize that poo and/or coffee has its nutrients reduced by being diluted through solution, especially since I use 50/50 coffee/water atm. This wouldn't take that much more time in my workflow, so my question is. Will the possibly benefits from this type of soak be enough to do it everytime? Thanks for any replies.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What, if any, benefits should I expect from enriching my soak water for wbs.. [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #3898083 - 03/10/05 02:14 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Poo will do better then coffee. If your just using the grains as spawn, its not really needed since you mix with poo anyway, but if its so easy to do (which it is), why not? My experiments with coffee didnt show much improvment over regular grains, but I didnt do many experiments with it.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: What, if any, benefits should I expect from enriching my soak water for wbs.. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3901538 - 03/11/05 08:35 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

You can coffee soak the grain, and then put both the grain and poo (not too wet) into a jar and PC it. Trust me, it works. I've seen it done in a few grow logs.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies