Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Kratom seed pod? (crappy image)
    #3706779 - 01/31/05 07:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi all,
Just gringing up some kratom leaves, I found what I belive to be a M. speciosa seed pod. I know it is very unlikely that the seeds would still be viable, this batch was sent from the plantations in Indonesia sometime in December, who knows how long it has been sitting in D & D:s warehouse. But of course i'll try to germinate the seeds, miracles do happen. Does anyone have any educated guesses of how to procede from here?

Sorry for the crappy image, I'll try to take a better shot tonight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Kratom seed pod? (crappy image) [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3706800 - 01/31/05 07:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Lucky bastard! :biggrin:
That looks like a seed pod alright.

I'd say to get the seeds just crack it open and see if there's anything inside it. But perhaps you should wait for a more educated opinion as i know nothing about M. Speciosa pods.

Perhaps PM mjshroomer who seems to have seen the big trees in person...?

:goodluck:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3706919 - 01/31/05 09:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just wanted to let you know that whoever sold you the Kratom is lying. There are no Kratom tree plantations in Indonesia.

Kratom is illegal in that region, however, in Kuala Lumphur, Malaysia, Kratom is used for opiate withdrawel rather than methadone since it is less addicting. And Kratom trees are not grown in plantations anywhere in theworld.

mj

Do not forget there were several people selling phony kratom exteracts which were not kratom over the internet and through High Times.

I think tghere is a write up about that at erowid.

mj

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom seed pod? (crappy image) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3707052 - 01/31/05 10:29 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm, yeah well, you have spread quite a lot of misinformation about kratom in this forum before... First off, yes kratom is illegal in Thailand and became illegal quite recently in Malaysia as well. It is however legal in Indonesia. Virtually ALL kratom on the international market comes from one supplier, Duncan ***** and his business partner Danny ****** in Bali, except for one tiny overpriced batch of Thai kratom available from Dutch vendors. Duncan is understandingly a bit secretive about the exact details about the business, but according to him they have established a plantation that supplies all the kratom they need to keep business going. According to Tom ******, Duncan's wholesale manager, the plantation is situated in Bali, but I find that somewhat hard to believe, since they deliver ton upon ton of the stuff, so the plantation must be huge. My guess is that the plantation is based on a natural stand of Mitragyna speciosa trees on mainland Indonesia (Just because it's not traditionally used in Indonesia doesn't mean it doesn't grow there). They probably call it a "plantation" since they regularly put new cuttings in ground (Duncan has mentioned this on several occasions) to extend the natural population.

And I'm very well aware about the fake stuff (supposed to be M. Parvifolia) from Burma, it's a thing of the past since Bruno got exposed and the vendors renamed it.

Edited by Young_but_cool (01/31/05 11:54 AM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3707075 - 01/31/05 10:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

As far as I know, Kratom is illegal in Burma, Thailand, and Australia. Now I guess it's illegal in Malaysia.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineAmoeba
Mr.

Loc: Europe
    #3707516 - 01/31/05 12:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Aren't the seed pods supposed to be spiky. In the latin name Mitra-gyna, the Mitra bit means pointy. The gyna, refers to seed pod.

D.
http://www.entheology.net/

--------------------
Www.Entheology.Net

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: Kratom seed pod? (crappy image) [Re: Amoeba]
    #3707584 - 01/31/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You're right, but take a look at this pic:

and the new pic of my pod:

Crappy image again, I know, but it really looks like the ones in the background of the above pic. The surface isn't smooth at all like the original pic might imply.

I've always thought the yellow spiky things were the flowers?

Anonymous

#3708945 - 01/31/05 05:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Nice find :smile:

OfflineAmoeba
Mr.

#3733798 - 02/05/05 01:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, I think you probably do have a seed pod there. It's the flowers that are spiky - aren't they.

Amoeba.

--------------------
Www.Entheology.Net

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3734806 - 02/05/05 10:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Young_but_cool,

I have never spread any misinformation about kratom here in this forum. I did make a statement about the fact it might show up on a drug test. And I was wrong about that.

However, anyone who needs to take drug tests for jobs should not be doing drugs since that would keep them from getting hired. Or going to jail for a dirty UA.

I do not believe the story of the Kratom plantation in Indonesia or in Bali. While one may get shrooms and /or pot in those countries, they are very illegal. I spent over 20 years in southeast asia and indonesia and am very well aware of their drug laws.

And you botanical friends, if they get caught over there growing such plants, they would face the death penaly for such crimes which are under Muslim laws. And Kratom trees are illegal. They are usually destoryed when found. Even in Indonesia. AS for tons. That is rediculous.

mj

Otherwise, Nice picture of the flowers and seeds.

Here are some pictures from my frined Boon's home on Koh Samui

A Kratom Tree in my friends back yard.

A nice leaf of good proportions

Seeds, flowering tops, pods and leaf with ruler.

A close up of the above seeds, pods, and flowers.

This last picture was taken by David Cox who was a participant in last summers Thai/Cambodian Shroom Excursion. I have since lost almost 35 pounds off of my stomach. The four guys are chewing the leaves of Kratom. I chewed my first one this day. Made me yap-yap all day long. The lady is chewing betel.

men prefer the leaves for stamia and endurance to make it through the long day and women chew the betel for the same.

mj

OfflineAmoeba
Mr.

I have got my Kratom plants [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3896236 - 03/10/05 12:47 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I have got my plants and will trade privately with anyone. They are a bit beat up, but you can see some pictures on my site.

Http://Www.Entheology.Net/

--------------------
Www.Entheology.Net

InvisibleBolwarra
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: I have got my Kratom plants [Re: Amoeba]
    #3896594 - 03/10/05 05:17 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

mjshroomer - You're Mitragyna flower and fruit photos are without a doubt the most beautiful i have seen  :smile:

Young_but_cool: even though viabiliy drops quickly did you ever try germinating it?

EDIT:comparing your pod with MJ' photos it does look quite under-develped....what shame.

Edited by Bolwarra (03/10/05 05:04 PM)

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: I have got my Kratom plants [Re: Bolwarra]
    #3896776 - 03/10/05 08:08 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Weird, I thought I've posted the outcome already, guess I didn't. Well it was indeed a kratom seed pod, but it was very imature. Seeds were really tiny but i planted a few. Without success though  :frown:

InvisibleBolwarra
Stranger

Re: I have got my Kratom plants [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3900230 - 03/10/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

what a pity :frown:

--------------------

Offlinesputnik2
Loc: usa
Re: I have got my Kratom plants [Re: Bolwarra]
    #3900345 - 03/10/05 10:04 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

hello
to MJshroomer and all interested
the kratom from Bali is real and yes it comes in in kilos
I have ran TLC on it against reference material obtained from J hanna from Entheogen review. and using reference books. IE Journal of Chromatography volume 23A/TLC of plant and plant alkaloids. which gives solvents and Rf values using many variables in reference to mitragynine.
As for the fake kratom a while back I ran the HPLC on that material to confirm it was not real kratom http://www.shaman-australis.com/Website/MitragynaspeciosaFake.htm at which time me and my partner pulled it from the market. upon further investigation we discovered it to be mitragyna parvifolia, which in itself has sone interesting alkaloids related to cats claw and such.
no kratom extract on the market today is mitragyna parvifolium unless it is the "mellow gold" .
Last year I managed to get 4 rooted cuttings to our farm in the Dominican Republic. of the 4 only 2 took,
I was just there last month ant the 6 inch cuttings are now over 3 feet tall and the same amount around. I tasted the leaf and was in a very nice place for a while. so hopefully with luck I can get these to produce and to take cuttings and propigate more trees, this will be a few years down the road tho.
I have mitragyna SPeciousa seeds but they are a year old and I do not know the germination rate.
if antbody wants info send an email and I will try to help.
peace

--------------------
MJB botanicals
mjb-botanicals.com

OfflineMikeyAnderson
Stranger
    #3916143 - 03/14/05 11:55 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

what si that seed pod from? what kind fo plant?

InvisibleBolwarra
Stranger

Re: Kratom seed pod? (crappy image) [Re: MikeyAnderson]
    #3919677 - 03/15/05 03:27 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

a subject reveals all :smile:

Kratom. Mitragyna speciosa

--------------------

InvisibleBolwarra
Stranger

Re: Kratom seed pod? (crappy image) [Re: MikeyAnderson]
    #3919688 - 03/15/05 03:41 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

dbl. post.

Edited by Bolwarra (03/15/05 03:41 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules