Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Researching Nutrients for leaning how to make better substrates
    #3895949 - 03/10/05 01:49 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ok so my goal is to research the different nutrients in pf cakes, rye, popcorn, wild bird seed, etc then figure out a way to make up a substrate with the best nutritional value. I also want to develop a tek for mainainting condtitions like that on here on earth.

Some ppl like to use honey or karo for certain things that im not sure knowledgeable for, what i do kno is that karo has sugars in it. That means carbohydrates are good. my corn syrup contains 32 g per serving.

Another example of carbohydrates is brown rice flour. All grains are high in carbohydrates. So we kno carbohydrates have to be part of the ideal substrate. My BRF has 27grams of carbohydrates per 1/4 cup.

salt is out of the question along with potasium(sry cant spell)
fats arent worthy either.

Certain bacteria present in the casing layer produce good nutes.
what other kind of nutes do shroomz use? protiens?
any other thoughts ?
lets get down with this cuz maybe we could come up with somethiing as good or better than bulk

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between the turntables...
Re: Researching Nutrients for leaning how to make better substrates [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3895985 - 03/10/05 01:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i'm on the same level as you my friend, many experiments are going on at home at this very moment. i'll post you on my findings, keep me up to date w/ yours!
thanx

SHROOMpimp

--------------------
:safesex: Just My $0.02... :safesex:

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Researching Nutrients for leaning how to make better substrates [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3896544 - 03/10/05 06:13 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:

WRONG....... without certain fats & lipids myc will seldom fruit & if so - only tiny puny things do

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3896816 - 03/10/05 10:29 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:
Ok so my goal is to research the different nutrients in pf cakes, rye, popcorn, wild bird seed, etc then figure out a way to make up a substrate with the best nutritional value. I also want to develop a tek for mainainting condtitions like that on here on earth.

Some ppl like to use honey or karo for certain things that im not sure knowledgeable for, what i do kno is that karo has sugars in it. That means carbohydrates are good. my corn syrup contains 32 g per serving.

Another example of carbohydrates is brown rice flour. All grains are high in carbohydrates. So we kno carbohydrates have to be part of the ideal substrate. My BRF has 27grams of carbohydrates per 1/4 cup.

salt is out of the question along with potasium(sry cant spell)

Certain bacteria present in the casing layer produce good nutes.
what other kind of nutes do shroomz use? protiens?
any other thoughts ?
lets get down with this cuz maybe we could come up with somethiing as good or better than bulk

Sorry, agar beat you to it. And if after reading this post:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3797303/an/0/page/0

If you still think your capable enough to do it...give it a shot..but ermm...good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Researching Nutrients for leaning how to make better substrates [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3896894 - 03/10/05 10:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well wut i was trying to do is have people post their knowledge of good nutrients for shroom growth, then after that take a look at wut is out there, but so far all i kno is that carbohydrates are good friends with shroomz

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3896909 - 03/10/05 11:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If you read the post, agar tells most everything that shrooms want. But you will not be able to just go out and stick anything together. You'll need to either do it agars way, or do it the way the rest of use do and mix in small amounts of different grains and substrates together to make sure the shrooms get all the nutes they need.

Your not gonna come up with any super substrate unless you can read and understand what agar is talking about and have the 100k to invest in it, and then figure out the peices agar left out. Even still you'd have to beat him to it, and hes got a pretty damn good head start.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Researching Nutrients for leaning how to make better substrates [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3896916 - 03/10/05 11:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

you still dont get it... i made this post to gather info for everyone to see not just me

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3896936 - 03/10/05 11:11 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Your right I dont get it, what EXACTLY is the point. You stated your point was to "figure out a way to make up a substrate with the best nutritional value".

But you, nor anyone else in this forum (with the exception of those currently trying), can CREATE a NEW substrate with the best nutrional value. If you just mean mix them all together, then just mix them all together. Sorry I just dont get it..maybe someone else does..

If you want nutes for everyone to see, to look at and figure out...heres what mushrooms like:
Cellulose, hemicellulose, lignin, fiber, carbohydrates, proteins, oils, lipids, polymers, vitamins, nitrogen, soluble macro mineral trace elements, and cultured (dead) cells of certain microbes, mixed into a holding material that has a high moisture & nutriant retention capacity, as well as good permeability to gas/air.

And heres even some ratios:
carbon / nitrogen ratio <17:1, nitrogen 2.6%, phosphorus 0.2-05%, potassium 1.5-2%, calcium 1.5-2%, available boron <2 ppm, available ammonium <10 ppm, soluble salts 3.0-5 OdS/m.

How many people, ESPECIALLY in begineers cultivation instead of advanced, are gonna be able to post what nutrients are in substrates that do mushrooms good? How many will be able to use the above information from agar?

And besides that, if your just looking to get info up for EVERYONE to see just because you want the substrate to be created..not just YOU to create it, then just sit back and wait for agar to make it publically available. If your ok with anyone other then yourself doing it, its already being done. Thats why I originally posted agar beat you to it. Sorry, still dont get what you want from us..

--------------------

Edited by scatmanrav (03/10/05 11:36 AM)

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#3897734 - 03/10/05 02:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

anyway so does anyone else have anythign to share?

--------------------

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
    #3897835 - 03/10/05 03:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well Agar is like a rocket scientist and I am a kid that just got his first rocket kit :smile:  Although I am not really a kid hehe.  Anyway, all power to agar on getting his substrate finished, I would definitely try it.  However, I am poor and brf is somewhat hard to get in my town.  So I have been experimenting with lots of different substrate makeups.  All of mine have just been thrown together with stuff you can get locally at grocery stores and garden centers.  I am showing good results with a mix of soaked/simmered/drained wbs, poo, brf, verm, and water.  It is more work than simple brf, but time is not an issue and I enjoy the hobby aspects.  Also, instead of only getting about 30 jars from my 2lb. bag of brf, I am getting over 100 now.  Maybe someday I will come up with a viable PMSubstrate lol.

Btw, keep up the good work agar.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation