Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJoeChip
Entropy
low doses of psilocybin
    #3895609 - 03/09/05 10:45 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Anyone here ever take low of psilocybin?
I'm talking about less than 2g.
Perhaps threashold doses, I am very interested in exploring the lower doses before going to the upper ones.
What are the lower doses like?

Does anyone here suffer from cluster headaches and take uber low doses, say like 1g or less to alleviate them?

--------------------
I am Ubik. Before the universe was, I am. I made the suns. I made the worlds. I created the lives and the places they inhabit; I move them here, I put them there. They go as I say, they do as I tell them. I am the word and my name is never spoken, the name which no one knows. I am called Ubik, but that is not my name. I am. I shall always be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: JoeChip]
    #3895699 - 03/09/05 10:58 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

i don't know about the second part of your question but i enjoy threshold to slightly over threshold does the most. 1.5-2 grams is my ideal trip, or so it seems. but i don't count the 1 gram of aborts i took once, that shit fucked me up.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: TODAY]
    #3896199 - 03/10/05 12:37 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

a lot of people here think low doses are a waste (1gram)

i think theyre okay, all you get is a body 'stoned' and laugh at shit...

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3896279 - 03/10/05 12:57 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Lower doses can be hard because they don't overcome the ego enough so it puts up a good fight and you can get anxious.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3896314 - 03/10/05 01:17 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Yeah I like small doses too. Yesterday I had a nice opportunity to try some, I grabbed 1 gram out of my jar, ground it up and mixed it with some OJ. I sat on the Shroomery for a bit and listened to some music. I felt them kick in quite fast as I had not eaten a thing all day.
I listened to some Jefferson Airplane, always sounds great to me, I love Wooden Ships :mushroom2:

I felt a slight head stone, a nice warm fuzzy feelings, similar to what I experience with Cannabis. I listened for a while longer and did some reading on astral projection. I thought to myself what a great chance to try and break past my furthest point.
I had been using Dick Sutphen's astral projection CD off and on for the past half year and had been unable to separate.
As I warmed up I could feel the mushrooms creeping on slightly stronger.

I went through all the steps, open and charged my Chakras and raised my vibrational rate. I found that with the mushrooms I was able to creatively visualize things so well, better than ever. I have found this true with Cannabis but not to the same extent.
The visualizations that I was creating were so vivid that I would compare them more to faint CEV's.

I got to the section of the tape when Dick says to vividly image yourself going down. Now every time that I was to do this before I always used the same visualization. It is me walking down a spiraling set of stairs that keeps on continuing into darkness.
This time was very vivid and I kept more focused than ever.

When I get to the bottom of the staircase my body felt so light. At this point he tells you to image yourself growing out of the top of your head or to swing and sway back and forth in order to separate from your body.

I was visualizing so well that I was able to create another faint CEV of me looking down on my own body from above. I imagined the couch and the way I was laying. I could feel my body getting lighter and lighter and my legs twitched slightly.

This was unfortunately as far as I got, but it was my furthest to date :smile: When I opened my eyes, my body felt heavy but my mind was refreshed and I was very happy with my experience :smile:

I have no doubt that a higher dosage would put me over the top. Imagine if I had used this tape during the peak of my last five gram experience :eek:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: Kerr]
    #3896459 - 03/10/05 02:53 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Every so often I pull a sicky from work (ah stolen days!), eat 1.5 - 2.5g and walk around the local park and forest listening to music and writing thoughts down.

They make me fell like a kid again!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3896503 - 03/10/05 03:16 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Some say low doses can be more valuable.

--------------------
delta9

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: delta9]
    #3897005 - 03/10/05 09:36 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I'm with divided_sky on this one. Whenever I take anything lower then about 2g, it makes me feel real anxious. This odd uncomfortable feeling stays with me through most of the experience, not enjoyable.

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3908741 - 03/12/05 06:40 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I enjoy low doses. On low doses such as 2 or 3 fresh cubensis, I can go walk around or do normal stuff just with added interest. The most fun about low doses is going into public areas. The lighting of the Christmas lights at the town park. I was on a low dose... lots of people... live music... man it was great.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: ckyrock]
    #3909001 - 03/12/05 07:58 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

"On low doses such as 2 or 3 fresh cubensis.....", that is defintely considered a low dose, thats like .2-.3 dried :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: Kerr]
    #3909760 - 03/12/05 11:06 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

How do know how big they are?

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: Adom]
    #3909771 - 03/12/05 11:09 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Hahah my bad, I thought it was 2-3 fresh grams of cubes. LOL :smile:

--------------------

Offlineshallow
    #3910078 - 03/13/05 12:31 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I enjoy higher doses 3g (EDIT: dried) and up but, not to far up. Its already been said but for me too low of a dosage and my ego is fighting the trip which IS NOT enjoyable and Ive found that it lasts throughtout the entire trip. To each his own though.

Edited by shallow (03/13/05 12:34 AM)

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #3910102 - 03/13/05 12:38 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

For a long time I was taking 1.5-2 grams per week, just so I could get used to its intense body high effects. Now I don't hesitate to munch 5 grams.

Low doses for me produce a heavy stoned feeling, a really intens body high, and mild color shifting and wapring of my surroundings. I even get a sort of "freed up" feeling, like I can breathe easier and move fluently with every motion. I dunno. High doses a couple times per year is what I'm used to now, so I don't really pay attention to the body high anymore.

--------------------

Offlinechrism
Stranger
Loc: Barrow
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3910636 - 03/13/05 07:23 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Lower doses can be hard because they don't overcome the ego enough so it puts up a good fight and you can get anxious.

Agreed, anything less than a gram and I tend to resist the experience.

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: chrism]
    #3910684 - 03/13/05 08:00 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I wonder if the anxious feelings had anything to do with your decision to take a small dose in the first place.

I like small doses. Too much for too long gets boring. I usually want to turn off the strong trips about halfway through.
I seem to be able to enjoy the body buzz alot more with just a small amount.
You have to figure out what level is best for you.
Mind set and setting have alot to do with it also.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: cricket]
    #3911562 - 03/13/05 01:23 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I suggest you never try lsd if you haven't already if you get bored halfway through a shroom trip..

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #3911603 - 03/13/05 01:35 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I have tried LSD. It is fun for a while. So were the RC's I got to try.
Just Too damned long.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: low doses of psilocybin *DELETED* [Re: JoeChip]
    #3911772 - 03/13/05 02:14 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Post deleted by oneducktwoducks

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineSynapticMisfire
Stranger

Re: low doses of psilocybin [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #3912585 - 03/13/05 05:37 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

The lowest amount I've ever consumed was exactly .7 dried grams of cubes that were EXTREMELY potent. I also fasted most of the previous day, and all of that day. This experience was more intense than a trip prior to it on 1.8 grams. I will have to agree with Divided_Sky and the rest of you that the ego tends to fight the lower doses, or so it seems. I always get much more anxious and apprehensive on lower doses.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds