Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Aquarium Heater

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetylerfred
Stranger
How Much light, and how much air???
    #3895351 - 03/09/05 11:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, I looked everywhere for a decent sized box to fit in my closet, and found an old cooler downstairs that is huge(so big we never used it) ... It will make a perfect grow area/box I believe... I already have a big 80degree under aquarium heater that will make a good heat source for it... and will line up 5 smaller trays inside of the cooler with my crop in it.

quesion is- how much air will they need?... would leaving the lid closed at all times except 4 or 5 hours at night be ok?... or should I keep the top lid cracked open a little at all times?

Next question- how much light would they need?... and do you have any recomendations for a cheap light source I could use to put in it?... it would have to be decently small like a small tube, or some white leds or something so I can mount it to the top of the cooler... but how bright does it need to be, and does it need to be on at all times/how many hours a day?

--------------------
www.albinorasta.com - SICK new clothing line!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!
 Arcade Champion: Poker

Re: How Much light, and how much air??? [Re: tylerfred]
    #3895361 - 03/09/05 11:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

FFFAAAQQQ

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: How Much light, and how much air??? [Re: tylerfred]
    #3895384 - 03/10/05 12:01 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

for air exchange, fan 2-4 times a day or more , or if u have a PmP then u use the fishtank bubbler for air exchange u could even still fan even if u have a fishtank bubble

light-anywhere from 3-12 hours a day should be good
id suggest using the 12 hours so that way its similar to a natural environment cuz earth rotates so the mycelium is naturally in the dark for about half a day

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: How Much light, and how much air??? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3895405 - 03/10/05 12:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

oh yea by the way, this species of mushrooms like blue the most, probably because the sky is blue which is another factor towards the natural environment thing

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinetylerfred
Stranger
Re: How Much light, and how much air??? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3895448 - 03/10/05 12:14 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ok.... well- I do have some blue leds laying around that I got for my computer..... would a few little led's ontop of the lid of the cooler work???

--------------------
www.albinorasta.com - SICK new clothing line!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Aquarium Heater

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation