Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pink Floyd, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeafmutelame
Stranger
Heroic Dose on Cyanescens
    #3895299 - 03/09/05 11:41 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

McKenna says a heroic dose of cubensis is 50 gr. fresh.

What would be the equivalent for cyanescens?

I'm guessing since 26 gr. cubensis is the equivalent of a level 4, while 15.3 gr. cyanescens are needed for a level 4, then doubling that should give the dosage for a "heroic dose", that is, 30 gr. fresh cyanescens.

Is this correct?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: deafmutelame]
    #3895698 - 03/10/05 12:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Whatever, next time I trip I am going to eat a shitload. 26 grams would be nuts of cubes hah. I have eatin like 7 or 8 grams of shrooms once but that was it man.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3895821 - 03/10/05 01:22 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think he's talking about fresh... I thought the general consensus was that shrooms generally lose about 90% of their weight when dried, give or take a few percent. that means that the hero dose of fresh cubes would actually only be about 5g dried right?

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
Trippin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine Coast of BC
Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: lackobreath]
    #3896305 - 03/10/05 03:13 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

ive done a damn big dose of Ps cyans before.
I weighed out 1.5 grams dry, ate em.
then i had what i would say was at least an ounce dry
i didnt weight it, but i know i had well over an 1\8 in there
so i am guessing 4.5-5.5 dry grams all together
that was a lot of fun!!!!
i explored my mind a lot that night and watched a flower melt into the table.
I dont know if i would say its heroic. It doesnt compare to 6 grams of good cubensis.
So at least 5-6 grams dry cyans(Unless know someone growing them and you can get fresh hahaha)
Or at least 6 grams of good cubensis(50+ grams wet)
If you really want heroic though, try a hippy flip, that is a whole other ball game:thumbup:

--------------------
Then why did i have the bowl Bart? Why'd i have the Bowl???

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #3896345 - 03/10/05 03:40 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

No way a heroic dose of shrooms is at least 15-20 grams dried at least for cubes. I ate over 7 grams once and it wasn't a big deal at all. I might even say that like 40-50 grams of dried cubes would be "heroic."

--------------------

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3896363 - 03/10/05 03:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think that the Heroic Dosage is in reference to Terrence McKenna as he had deemed 5 grams dried to be such :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: Kerr]
    #3896365 - 03/10/05 04:02 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

one of my aquantinces (hes not really a close friend) recently ate 9 grams dried by himself. He wasnt ready(hes the kind of person who isnt having fun unless hes wasted). Anyways he went pyscho and put his fist through the TV, a window, broke a few cabinet doors off, and generally fucked up this other guy that I knows house. You have to be carefull with that shit.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: blaze2]
    #3896376 - 03/10/05 04:12 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That is hillarious the story above. I had a foaf in high school that took 10 hits of acid and he told his parents, so they called the cops. This kid was a total street rat and was pretty strong for a small guy I guess. Whatever, it took 10 cops to get him down. He effectively fought off multiple police officers and it took quite some time to actually handle him lol.

He was sorta fucked up after that, had some slight speech probelms for a week or so after, but then came back down to normal.

It was pretty funny that some 9th grader in high school could fight off 10 cops lol.

--------------------

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
    #3896592 - 03/10/05 07:15 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

you guys really are irresponsible!!! and your concept of humor is also quite bewildering. Anyway, instead of discussing quantity of dried shrooms you should discuss quality(potency), set and setting.

McKenna says 5g dried (good quality cubensis) in total darkness. looking at a flower melt in a table is nothing. go into the heart of darkness in silence and find what the mushroom can bring out of it.

be wise.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: a_h_w]
    #3896733 - 03/10/05 09:37 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Although both stories involve irresponsible people, they made their own choices. I'd like to think whoever dosed them felt rather bad about the whole thing as well...

But still. Funny stuff.  :popcorn:

edit: (my horrible spelling issues)

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Edited by greenpastures (03/10/05 09:39 AM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: greenpastures]
    #3897048 - 03/10/05 12:08 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ummm...There is no way to accurately talk about what a heroic dose is. Terrence Mckenna gives his version which is five dried grams of cubes and darkness, but five dry grams didn't do it for me but that was on a nice sunny day. My own heroic dose was on nine dried grams, and these were only mediocre shrooms. Whoever said they want to do twenty six dried grams! Wowzer dude, you should maybe try over seven first. A huge heroic dose will give you respect for the mushroom. It really all depends on the shrooms in the end, they are so incredibly variable in potency that a seven gram dose could feel like less than an eighth, happened to me before. The real thing to speak about is how to get in the proper set and what is the proper setting. These are more important than dosage amount, IMHO.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineLemmiwinks
Looking throughthe mirrorwindows.

Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: mecreateme]
    #3897184 - 03/10/05 12:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My biggest dose was recently. I am not sure what kind they were but I am betting p. cubes and I ate about 8.5-9 grams. I had the weirdest trip ever. Me and my girlfriend and her friend and my friend were in her basment. It was dark and we were watching the wall by Pink Floyd which is the greatest movie ever and best band. But anyeay I gave her like 2 grams amybe less and my friend about 3 grams and I at what weas left of a half ounce that weighed out to be abou 15 grams. She got bad anxiety so I sent her off to bed after about an hour into the trip. My friend had tripped the night before so he didnt trip to hard but me, well thats a diffrent story. I was watching the wall and only had a body buzz at the time, but things didnt feel right so I went upstairs. Once I waas out of the dark basment and the light hit me I was attacked my a wave of patterns! The floor was waving and things were shifting. It was intense. I went to the bathroom to investigate the toilet. I saw a pice of toilet paper in the water and it reached for me through the watter. It was NUTS!!!! I then decided to look into the mirror as I normaly do. I watched my face morph into that of a killers. A sadistic smile crept across my face. I saw pure evil. I decided it was enough of that! I walked back down to the basment where as soon as my body was engoulphed in darkness I quit hallucinating. The body buzz and mind set was there, but no patterns. The wall was still on and I completly understood it as I watched. When it went off I was still tripping but no visuals. So i tell someone to turn on the lights and as soon as they did the wood walls became faces. It went on like this for about 3 more hours and it was fun as hell. Just thought I would share. :smile:

P.S. I am about to order a quarter pund of the Fly Agaric Mushrooms and try thoses little babys out. :mushroom2: :laugh: :mushroom2:

Edited by Lemmiwinks (03/10/05 01:02 PM)

OfflineLilShank
TECH N9NE

Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: deafmutelame]
    #3897806 - 03/10/05 03:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe, try 3.5 g's dry cyans and then 3 Grey hearts (XTC if its not to obvious) .... That was a great night.

--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

Edited by LilShank (03/10/05 03:15 PM)

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Heroic Dose on Cyanescens [Re: LilShank]
    #3898927 - 03/10/05 07:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man I wasnt there, but I did see the damage he did afterwards. No one dosed him man. Hes an ass who thought he could handle 9 grams and then took them. He did it to himself. I never said it was funny either(tho it is a little bit you have to know the guy).

heres an example; he did alot of mushrooms one night fell asleep on his side then he wakes up with his arm like completely numb(I dont know if you have experianced this, but it can get so bad you cant fuckin move it or even make a fist) anyways this guy starts ranting "OMG dude I fucked up my brain, Im fucked! etc etc." throwing his arm around adn shit beating on it. anyways now that WAS funny. especially when he realized that it was just numb. good stuff.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pink Floyd, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience