Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Paul Stamets, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTomJoad
Goddamn Red
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
thai koh samui....
    #3892629 - 03/09/05 02:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Have any of you used this strain before (in particular, hawkseye's "super strain"), and if so, does anyone know if this strain is conducive to being fruited from uncased cakes? I know casing increases yields and all, but I guess what i'm getting at is, would this strain totally bomb if not cased, or just have lower yields than if it had been cased? or, on a broader scope, can one succussfully grow any PC strain either way, or do some demand casing? Stamets has PC as a species listed as casing optional... any conflicting opinions or contrary experiences with particular strains?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: thai koh samui.... [Re: TomJoad]
    #3892659 - 03/09/05 02:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It's a great strain! Yields high and the fruit are pretty potent. I use the KSSS strain. It works great with straw or coir casings too.

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: thai koh samui.... [Re: TomJoad]
    #3892660 - 03/09/05 02:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm in the middle of fruiting 15 BRF's of the Hawk's KSSS right now, uncased, but with inner resevior TEK and double end cased. I am a little disappointed with the results thus far. Out of the first flush of 5 cakes I have yielded 49,30,31,30,and 19 grams wet. 5 of the cakes are just now starting to fruit, after 3 1/2 weeks in the fruiting chamber, while the other 5 aren't even pinning.After everything I read about this strain, I am a little disappointed, got much better results with the PESA, B+. Yes casing would help you with your yield, I will try casing a few of these next. Goos Luck and let me know how you do. Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony. :heart:  Hippie Chick :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Re: thai koh samui.... [Re: HippieChick]
    #3894179 - 03/09/05 08:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you do a casing with the cakes, much better results with the KSSS strain. It will really spit out some huge yields. I had 8 trays going and on the average per tray was 2 - 21/2 ounces dry per tray for the first 2 flushes. Damn good in my book. I used wbs/coir casings though. They really require a good supply of water to be able to get the max out of them. As does any strain. But this one for sure. The fruits are very dense and thick. They'll eat up some moisture out of a cake quick.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: thai koh samui.... [Re: Hotnuts]
    #3894674 - 03/09/05 09:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You could be successful not casing any PC strain IMO. But casing is so easy and takes no time at all so why not dunk n roll at the very least?

I would definetely case those, it will make a huge difference. TKS IME is a slow colonizer and slow fruiter and a slow pinner and does give less yields than other Cubie strains like B+, EQ, Cambo, or GT. I tend to find that thai strains are more potent otherwise I wouldn't bother with 'em. It maybe plecebo but it has repeatedly shown to be true so I'm not gonna argue with my head.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Edited by DirtMcgirt (03/09/05 09:45 PM)

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Re: thai koh samui.... [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3894920 - 03/09/05 10:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You've gotta be kiddin right? Not the super strain of KS. Remember, if there isn't enough moisture to support a healthy flush, it won't happen. Cakes can only do so much with a heavy weight strain. The KSSS is one of them. I've got a 68 gram clone going from a wopping flush of coir/wbs. It's a bad ass strain for sure!

Edited by hotnutz (03/09/05 10:30 PM)

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
Re: thai koh samui.... [Re: Hotnuts]
    #3896700 - 03/10/05 09:14 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've had mixed results with KSSS. I've had trays with yields like yours (from quart jars) and I've had trays that only give up 14g dry. It's finicky for sure and probably not worth growing for somebody who wants reliable results. But I do agree that it is a potent ass strain... it's almost worth twice it's weight in dosage.... gave 2.5g to a friend who's a notorious motor mouth when tripping. It's the only time I've seen her not say a thing for more than two or three hours :smile:

IME it aborts a lot, has a ton of fat asses (I've had 'em grow wider than they were tall) and is prone to side pinning (in covered trays). Always a nice surprise when you lift up the casing and find a ton of little marble sized shroomies on the sides and bottom. I think maybe that this is because it could be more light sensitive than most strains. As the casing pulls away from the sides, light gets in there and makes it pin. I never had that problem with the south american strains i was growing.

--------------------
------
this is a signature

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Paul Stamets, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation