Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
my first PF tek complete report (pics)
    #3891370 - 03/09/05 03:34 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

my very first PF cake has died today, after 3 flushes, because of a green mold attack. here is a brief report of this grow, for those who might be interested:

single PF tek cake, proportions of verm:brf:water = 2:1:1
strain: ecuadorian cubensis
growth parameters: room temperature (66-70?F) from beginning to end.

day -1: pressure cooked PF jar for 1 hour.
day 0: inoculated with ecuadorian spore solution and put in dark place.
day 3: first signs of colonization.
day 23: colonization complete, jar is exposed to room light.
day 43: since there's no sign of in-jar pinning, cake is dunked and coldshocked overnight.
day 44: cake is birthed in a terrarium (room temp, wet perlite on bottom for humidification).
day 57: i can see pinning.
day 68: first flush crop: one big shroom and many middle size aborts. the big one looks horrible and stinks bad, maybe affected by bacterial blotch.

day 69: cake is dunked and cold shocked again for 24 hours in tap water, then rolled in verm, and put back into the terrarium.
day 77 (day 9 since first flush cropping): second flush crop, two big and healthy shrooms and one abort.

day 78: cake is dunked and cold-shocked in water+h2o2, no roll in verm this time.
day 87 (day 10 since second flush cropping): pinning, occurred late if compared to the previous pinning, but it is much more abundant.
day 94 (day 17 since second flush cropping): third flush crop: many small and healthy shrooms

day 95: cake is dunked and cold-shocked in water+h2o2 for 18 hours.
day 107 (day 13 since third flush crop): no signs of a new pinning, but the cake is contaminated by emerald-green mold, the cake is discarded.

things i've learned from this grow:
- colonization at room temp is slow as hell
- pinning times can vary a lot from flush to flush
- late flushes are better than the first
- using h2o2 is wise

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: my first PF tek complete report (pics) [Re: lepiota]
    #3891392 - 03/09/05 03:45 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Not to be a dick, but your cakes should be performing better than this. And also you shouldnt be getting green mold this bad. You need to clean the hell out of the room your grow chamber and incubator is in.

Back in the day when i was growing in a basement the contams was so bad for me i had to keep my fruiting chamber inside a martha closet to avoid contams.

What is your air exchange routine like?
What is your humidity at?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (03/09/05 03:47 AM)

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Re: my first PF tek complete report (pics) [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3891400 - 03/09/05 03:50 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

for being my first grow, i am satisfied, at least with the 3rd flush. i guess they perform bad because of the room temperature, much lower than needed. air is changed hand-fanning everyday, perlite keeps humidity at 95/97%

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3891429 - 03/09/05 04:15 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

How many fannings per day?

back when i did cakes i did 4 a day and fanned 2 mins each time.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

#3891455 - 03/09/05 04:36 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

twice a day after pinning, once a day before pinning, for not more than 30 seconds. my terrarium is very small and when air is changed... the air is changed!

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3891463 - 03/09/05 04:52 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

That is why you have newbie under your name.

You need to air exchange for TWO MINUTES, 3-5 times a day throughout the entire time it is in the fruiting process.

Yes i know that once you get the co2 out and fresh air in thats what they call an air exchange, but 2 minutes of fresh air vs. a really quick fanning shaved a couple days of my fruit time.

Dont act like you know all because you got one shitty flush.

--------------------

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

#3891488 - 03/09/05 05:16 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

i'll try fanning a little more my current PF project then, thanx for the advice

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3891515 - 03/09/05 06:14 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Adda boy, Its nice to see you decided not to argue, do as your told and the shrooms will come ten fold.

--------------------

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

#3891550 - 03/09/05 06:36 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

of course i wouldn't argue with someone who is much more expert than me. anyway, while we're at it, please also advice me about my new project: the conditions are more or less the same, but the cakes are covered with cotton-like mycelium. a little too much of it, to my tastes. i don't think it is cobweb mold because it is snow white, and mold is said to be greyish, but it also expanded to the wet (water+h2o2) vermiculite bed i put the cakes on. should i change that verm with new clean verm? is the cotton shaped mycelium a sign of some wrong growth parameter? see the pic please:

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3891600 - 03/09/05 06:55 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

The cake on the right looks un-healthy unless it is the lighting, if it is just as white as the left one you are good to go.

You cant have too much mycelium on a cake, that comes with casing. Yur cakes look perfect. Im telling you though ample air exchange is a major factor in the kind of flush you are going to get. Just cause you cant see it doesnt mean it doesnt matter.

Did you dunk them cakes?

If not dunk them 24 hours right now before they start forming pins.

--------------------

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

#3891639 - 03/09/05 07:10 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

yes they were both dunked and cold shocked in water + a little H2O2 before going to the terrarium. the one on the right is identical to the other, just a light joke. only, it had never happened to me a mycelium growth on pure verm! :smile:

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3891681 - 03/09/05 07:28 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Well then just fan like i toldya and you will get allot better results than the last time!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder