Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Life Changing
    #3891487 - 03/09/05 07:15 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Spiritual practice has changed my life, and revealed to me that there is no other way of life-- for me, at least. I have found meaning and purpose through discovering my timeless source and deathless, groundless ground of being. I would love to tell you a glorious story of personal and universal transformation. But I would rather tell you the truth.

We all want to change. Most of all we want our mates to change, our parents or children, colleagues, boss, employees to change. We want the economy and education and government to change, and our leaders too, of course . . . And while we?re at it, let?s not forget to make these things change for the better--now that we are in charge, or think we are. Too many revolutions just turn things around and revolve back to somewhere similar to where they were. Just spinning our wheels. In reality--rather than our fantasies-- the illusion of being in control is like have locked car brakes at high speed while driving on a winding, downhill, windy road. Reflect on this.

We all want something greater, grander, larger than just this world and this life. In one way or another, at some point in our lives I believe we all pursue it, or at least wish we could. It will not serve us to look for truth, reality, God, love, enlightenment, meaning and purpose?or even the simple truth about ourselves-- in all the wrong places. This perennial pursuit, common to humankind throughout the ages, is the work and play of a lifetime. Myself, I found that connecting to my source, what Buddhists call the groundless ground of being, makes clear my purpose and place in the world and gives meaning and direction to my life. It no longer matters much what I?m feeling or doing, what is happening, for everything is grace-full, blessed, a cause for gratitude and rejoicing, even life?s gritty and hard and painful parts.

It is hard to step out of our ruts, and to truly change and transform ourselves. Probably it?s better to let others do the same, and just accept them as they are?which delivers its own transformational magic?and trust that they?ll step out and make the larger, riskier leap-- if and when they feel compelled, or simply desperate enough, to make the necessary efforts and sacrifices. Unconditional acceptance and appreciation is a vital part of wise and compassionate living; it is one of the most generous and loving gifts one can bring to the world, and the source of great peace. Buddha said there is Nirvana peace in things left just as they are. Leave it as it is, and rest your weary heart and mind. This would be wise and compassionate, to yourself and to all beings.................. :heart:

All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Edited by egghead1 (03/09/05 07:35 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology