Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKairoTheEchidna
Stranger

Heh. Heh... Heh.
    #3891436 - 03/09/05 06:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It's not that I don't care or that I give up. It's just that I've realized and that it makes common sense that in this reality no one gives a fuck. And if someone does give a fuck it's only you. It's only me. It's selfishness.

But if you all want to know the fact and the purpose of it. It's the truth, but it's to get away from the negativeness. For me, I could call it brainwashing myself not to care if someone is negative or "not caring". That they have no responsibility. I'm talking for everyone. let me say that again. For everyone. But, what I do know now and what I do not realize is that it may create peace, it may not. I don't see how this will create war or hostility however. As long as it's realization.

Except, this one factor remains. This factor of, "Help!". But I have somehow helped myself.

Factors... barriers...

Every day real life problems. Let say family problems. I've helped myself O_o. I've helped myself deal with these problems. Except, what everyone else says is, "Well you aren't dealing with it permanently." HOW EXACTLY THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THAT?.

(Personally text is not enough for my angst. I need this damn livejournal cellphone bullshit, because then you'll fucking know.)

----------

And on top of that, also. This fucking word "angst". On the Internet this word, this derivative has been because of those people out here trying to run away from their every day bullshit that they have to deal with. They go to these places to become this... this... "robot". These derivative person of a robot. A FUCKING ROBOT... NO. YOU DON'T EVEN DESERVE THAT FUCKING NAME.

YOU ARE A FUCKING VEGATABLE. You are a fucking vegetable who has some fucking consciousness, that no one gives a shit what you say except hate toward you because that's what you are giving to everyone else.

These are points.

These are points that you do not except and you are so fucking un responsible to find some way to accept these fucking points that I am making.

And I KNOW. I KNOW THAT MANY... -MANY- read what I say. And all ponder as to why no one comments as to what I say? Because in the back of everyone's mind they know I am right. And you know how fucking much I hate to say "I", like "myself", or "me". WHY DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS? YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY?

OF COURSE YOU DO. BECAUSE THAT'S THE FUCKING LANGUAGE AND DEFINATION AND THE EXISTENCE OF HOW WE ARE.

WE ARE SEPERATED. AND WE ARE BECOMING MORE SEPERATED.

"Ohhh ohhh. Please stop cursing, you're bringing yourself to low levels" WHAT. LOW. LEVELS. YOU'RE HUMANITIES LOW LEVELS, YOUR DEFINATION? BEACUSE I AM ONE OF YOU? WHAT IF I DON'T DESIRE TO BECOME ONE OF YOU? WHAT IF I HAVE NO FUCKING CHOICE. I HAVE NO CHOICE TO PULL A FUCKING GUN AND BLOW MY LITTLE CEREBELUM OUT OF MY HEAD BECAUSE IT'S NO FUCKING MEANING, THERE'S NO FUCKING PURPOSE AND IT WILL RESULT IN NOTHING EXCEPT FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T GIVE-A-SHIT. WHICH MEANS THEY JUST WANT ME GONE OFF THE FACE OF THIS EARTH, WHICH MEANS BECAUSE OF THAT I WON'T EVER FUCKING BLOW MY BRAINS OUT.

.... :3 aw. Too god damn bad. Everyone of these negative fucks have told me everything that they can possible ever say, and if they never did I've always thought about what they'd possibly say to me. Has this caused me to fuck myself to death? (HAHA). NO. But you know what this has caused me? (And all those rebellious fucks reading can say so many different things to cause my negativeness to expand) DUDE. GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING IGNORANT HEAD, I'VE ALREADY BREACHED THE POINT YOU TRIED TO CAUSE ME.

And I must say. I must thank you very, very fucking much. because now because of all of these types of people, I feel so great. No, seriously. You think it's sarcasm. Of course this is what it betrays to you, (XD), because this is how YOU ARE. You can only see what you learned from everything else except yourself (XD).

I'm posting this in my journal. I'm posting this wherever I want to. Do I give a fuck? Yes. Apparently I do. But why? Why do I give a fuck about what I'm saying? Is this because it's my ego? How do I know what ego exactly is if I don't know what ego is? ... Let me try to think what ego is...

Ego is self pride. Am I right? No... ... ? Well... then, if I'm right... and my ego is self pride... Yet, I don't give a fuck what pride I have?... then I have no Ego O_o... which means... ?

"Look at this fucking body." That's what I tell myself when I drown my physical body with the worlds luxuries. In this case, because I'm drinking. No, fuck your scientific bullshit. I'm separating this fucking... body.. this fucking... CAPSULE... from this... SOUL, and I could TEAR MY FLESS OFF MY FACE BECAUSE OF IT. BECAUSE I SEE IT. AND THAT IT'S JUST A FUCKING ... THING THAT WON'T LAST.

Like a fucking glass cup sitting by you, that could fall down and shatter into pieces.... this... ..... .. .... human fucking body.

THIS, FUCKING HUMAN BEAUTFUL BODY THAT IS SUPPOSE TO MAKE PEACE.

LMFAO.

(Oh.. Kairo is seeking a god.. or... athiesm.. or... something... let's help him!)

Edited by KairoTheEchidna (03/09/05 06:27 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: KairoTheEchidna]
    #3891677 - 03/09/05 09:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

m'am wtf are you talking about

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh:

OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: Jalruza]
    #3891679 - 03/09/05 09:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

if i were near id give you a phat slap

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: Jalruza]
    #3891840 - 03/09/05 10:48 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"I am 'this',.." now you say that. -how does it separate anything? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: Gomp]
    #3892184 - 03/09/05 12:11 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think Kairo should first seek to solve his anger issues.

Anger only further exacerbates an issue, it doesn't solve it.. In times of anger, don't get angry, in times of panic, don't panic... :lol: don't do either, you lose your composure and your objectivity.

I made a thread yesterday about how does one hurt their Chi and it was a joke.

But I think you just hurt mine :lol:.

Edit:
Go to OTD and experience some ego loss, take a beating, give a beating, come on back and talk with us  :cool:. OTD is the shroomery's "anger management" area.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/09/05 12:44 PM)

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3894518 - 03/09/05 09:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It was a very eloquent speech. You can tell it was written as they were saying it in their head. Sounded like some dramatic monologue in a movie. I can imagine someone pacing around a white padded room yelling this as they zoom through every level of emotion. Didnt really get the whole gist of the rant, but it definatly had some heart in it.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3895166 - 03/09/05 11:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
Didnt really get the whole gist of the rant, but it definatly had some heart in it.

Heart....?  Or maybe just Angst....  Perhaps 10lbs of bottled up USDA Choice Misdirected Misunderstanding....

All I saw was RED....    Like tobasco sauce runnin thru the veins....  Burnin the being from within....

I hope you figure out all of the suffering soon Kairo, it doesn't have to be....
  Would you like to talk sometime...?    :hug:

ME....

:heartpump::heartpump:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3896309 - 03/10/05 03:15 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ever seen that part in "Waking Life" where the guy is colored in a deep crimson, just pacing in the jail cell, smoking a cigarette and talking about how he is gonna kill all those pukes when he gets out. Kind of like that.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3896319 - 03/10/05 03:23 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Now that is crazy, the timing of that comment couldn't have been more timely'er....  I was first told of the movie last Friday by a very good person here, and new friend....  I went to BestBuy that night to find it, but forgot the name....  I explained a scene that was explained to me to the clerk, and he said it was called "Still Life"....  And he couldn't find it....  TODAY, I was told by my friend that right name of the movie....  And now you bring it up....  :eek:

I guess it is time for me to find it and watch it....!    :whoa:  :tongue:

ME....

:heartpump::heartpump:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3896484 - 03/10/05 05:07 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Meditate until you can go without saying fuck every couple sentences or less.Any being with such filthy language has learned nothing.

Go away until you have grown up at least a little bit.Rebellion and misdirected anger will only lead you to a view with bars rather than a view with understanding.

Are you even old enough to post here?

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3896520 - 03/10/05 05:36 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

(Yoda Voice) "I sense much anger in you, anger lead to hate, hate lead to fear, fear lead to SUfferING!"

Those who use coarse language, betray their lack of thought and understanding. Coarse language is generally belittling of the reader/listener, so intelligent persons would not use it, as it is offensive to the audience and also belittling of the author.

It also makes it hard to understand your point (what is it exactly?), because you use those words so often that they lose their intended meaning, and take on many meaningS. One word, one meaning (at a time at least).

That's my pound of cakes! :mushroom2:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3896527 - 03/10/05 05:52 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Coarse language is generally belittling of the reader/listener, so intelligent persons would not use it... .

It is not so much a matter of intelligence as it is respect.Even one who is considered by others to be unintelligent often shows great respect for others.

Quote:

... it is offensive to the audience and also belittling of the author

Yes.It makes me think this person has no respect for others.It then makes me think that this person has no respect for this person's self.

Cultivate self respect and respect for others will come naturally.What one does to one's self is mirrored outward and what one does to another is mirrored inward.One cannot disrespect another without disrespecting one's self and one cannot disrespect one's self without disrespecting another.

Go forth and seek to strike out flaws and impurities in one's character and when one has done this,one will have no need to seek anything.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
    #3897501 - 03/10/05 02:00 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wtf are you guys talking about, offensive to the audience? Why care? Why should anyone here take offense? Let him use the language which suits his current citta state.

I could name many highly intelligent authors infamous for their "offensive" language, but it is not needed now.

This nihilistic state seems totally valid ... from a certain point of view. Haven't you ever felt trapped inside this monkey and it's monkey mind? When a child gets a pet to play with that trip includes both pros and cons imo.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: dorkus]
    #3898462 - 03/10/05 05:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wtf are you guys talking about, offensive to the audience? Why care?

Using expletives every other sentence shows great immaturity.Immaturity means one has not learned anything yet.One cannot strive for spirituality while remaining immature.

Using excessive expletives is as degrading to the readers as calling some girl a whore.By using excess expletives it is as if to declare that one everyone else is worthless and does not matter to the speaker.It shows great disrespect.I doubt many here like to be sworn at every two seconds.Does one think that great spiritual people go around swearing excessively?No.They have respect for their fellow beings and address them with respect,compassion and politeness.Why?Because anything else would be degrading.

Quote:

Why care?

I for one do not wish to be addressed with the word fuck every little while.It is degrading and insulting.It is immature and petty.I do not tend to associate with people with such disregard for anything but their ego.

Quote:

I could name many highly intelligent authors infamous for their "offensive" language, but it is not needed now.

A) It was not excessive foul language. B) It is not a matter of intelligent but respect,maturity,compassion,etc.

I sincerely doubt any truly mature people go around swearing so much.I also believe that anyone with a need for so much swearing A) needs a lot of attention and B) is quite juvenile.

Quote:

This nihilistic state seems totally valid ... from a certain point of view.

Anything seems valid from a certain point of view.

Quote:

Haven't you ever felt trapped inside this monkey and it's monkey mind?

This anger and misdirection is just Teen Drama .

Its the typical "world vs me" teen view and sense of alienation.No matter what anything is really like people like this will think things like this and assume they are alienated and no knows how they feel,etc,etc...

I say save the drama for your teen friends.

--------------------

OfflineKairoTheEchidna
Stranger

#3901275 - 03/11/05 06:47 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yet... but one must realize that such a degrading definition of such a vain word such as a "curse" word is lack respectiveness?

I already understand that. And respect what another one says, rather than what myself says.

This is how I came to realize what you said.

Even though emotion may get in the way, my points are quiet clear as to what I have to say.

And what I say is that not of "teen drama", rather... it is of no "drama" TO ME. Only what YOU, or that specific PERSON sees as drama.

I have the same... THE "SAME" view as you, if not... then I eventually do. If not, then you eventually do as to me.

"Fuck shit ass whole, fuck nigger gook, white trash" As expressions of emotion that have derived from negatives that have taken on meaning for the whole entire human race, but it is to yourself to understand and see beyond that definition of what you see in your every day life, that emotion. That non-robotic pure emotion that has made everything REAL.

But you're focusing on the negativiness as what you see as negativness in what has been said... because that's what you've been educated to see. See beyond it then. Quit trying to see what YOU want to see.

Edited by KairoTheEchidna (03/11/05 06:49 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3901463 - 03/11/05 09:59 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Using expletives every other sentence shows great immaturity.Immaturity means one has not learned anything yet.One cannot strive for spirituality while remaining immature.

Using excessive expletives is as degrading to the readers as calling some girl a whore.By using excess expletives it is as if to declare that one everyone else is worthless and does not matter to the speaker.It shows great disrespect.I doubt many here like to be sworn at every two seconds.Does one think that great spiritual people go around swearing excessively?No.They have respect for their fellow beings and address them with respect,compassion and politeness.Why?Because anything else would be degrading.

Wow man, where did you get all that from?

Please explain to me how using coarse language shows great immaturity. Also please explain how using expletives is "as if to declare that one everyone else is worthless and does not matter to the speaker", because I certainly can't see how that is so.

Using coarse language is a way of making your emotional state of mind known to those around you. It adds force to what you are trying to say, by pointing out that what you are saying means a GREAT DEAL to you on an emotional level. It has nothing to do with offending the audience, unless you say something like "hey UnenlightenedOne you are an ass monkey!" (please, no offense! only an example :wink: ).

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: SoCal
Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: trendal]
    #3901545 - 03/11/05 10:37 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

cuss words.......... shouldn't use 'em. they aren't worth shit to those who think they're "the shit"

and when you use "the lords" name in vein....that gets me so GodDamn pissed off!!!

so plz watch your mou..fingers and what you type cuz it might offend someone.. someone who has no fuckin' choice but to read the goddamn thing and then go and quote the son-of-a-bitch! in thier own post.

c'mon... use educated sounding words that way others will think you are intelligent and...and....and  fuck it!

have fun, read with caution, post with words that best describe how you feel, and everyone should be dancing and singing songs 'round a fire havin' a good 'ol shroomery time:thumbup:

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Edited by uriahchase (03/11/05 10:38 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Heh. Heh... Vroom Vroooom Kbah Kbah bbha [Re: uriahchase]
    #3901588 - 03/11/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think of the exposed engine of a hot rod Harley ->

glistening chrome - rainbow hued shadows
some oil and gas splatter - where it just doesn't matter

the patented sound and 800 pounds
of fuck you all roll with me - and leave the volume at eleven.

I am my own harley - you can't patent my sound.
I found a place of my own between the atoms you claimed.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3902678 - 03/11/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

And what I say is that not of "teen drama", rather... it is of no "drama" TO ME.

Precisely.The one being dramatic never thinks they are being being dramatic.Only others see the drama rather than the one speaking of it.

Quote:

I have the same... THE "SAME" view as you, if not... then I eventually do. If not, then you eventually do as to me.

Completely untrue statement.Simply saying words to sound like you know something doesnt work.Why dont you study spiritual texts?It is of more benefit than to speak of which you do not know.

Quote:

As expressions of emotion that have derived from negatives that have taken on meaning for the whole entire human race, but it is to yourself to understand and see beyond that definition of what you see in your every day life, that emotion. That non-robotic pure emotion that has made everything REAL.

I did not say I was offended rather I said what you said was offensive to the audience.I only said I didnt like being addressed that way.Trust me I understand more than most and see beyond more than most.Rather everything you have been saying is contentless dribble.You try to use colorful phrases to cover the fact that it doesnt really mean anything.

Quote:

But you're focusing on the negativiness as what you see as negativness in what has been said... because that's what you've been educated to see. See beyond it then. Quit trying to see what YOU want to see.

I am not focusing on anything.I commented at a lack of disrespect on a dramatic contentless post full of meaningless dribble.I am also definitely not "educated" to see anything.I have accomplish more spiritually than most could wish for.I see things for what they are rather than anything else.Perhaps it is you who is seeing it as they want to see it.

Go out and actually learn about spirituality and experience it and attain a few levels before trying to tell me about it or trying to tell me I have to look beyond things which I already see beyond but you do not.

:rolleyes:

Even this post is filled with drama. :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Heh. Heh... Heh. [Re: trendal]
    #3902926 - 03/11/05 02:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wow man, where did you get all that from?

Insight.

Quote:

Please explain to me how using coarse language shows great immaturity.

On one level it shows immaturity by needing to add force to words and gain more attention.On another level using excessive expletives is just a way to rebel without a cause.Excessive swearing is used most often by teens and early 20-somethings to add drama and "excitement" to what they have to say because they know people react strongly to those words.They want to stick out among people.They want good old-fashioned self-centered ego stroking.They want attention.Much in the same way a two year old acts up and yells or screams for attention when no one is paying attention to them.Teens think swearing makes them "cool".Simply because it is frowned upon.Again rebelling without cause.Mature people seek none of this.Mature people are secure where young people are insecure about the same things.

I am quite sure the dalai lama,gandhi,mother theresa and numerous other famous spiritual figures dont go around say fuck every two sentences.They are well above the pettiness and ego gratifying attention it gets and causes.They are secure.They need no self centered attention they are mature.

Use excessive expletives certainly shows one's grasp at attention.Teens do it to purposefully attempt to get great emotional responses from listeners.They want a big scene because it means a lot of attention.

Excessive expletives are nothing but pure drama that is unnecessary.Even the meaning of expletive shows this:

Added or inserted in order to fill out something, such as a sentence

A word or other grammatical element that has no meaning but is needed to fill a syntactic position

A word or phrase that does not contribute any meaning but is added only to fill out a sentence

a word or phrase conveying no independent meaning but added to fill out a sentence

Quote:

Also please explain how using expletives is "as if to declare that one everyone else is worthless and does not matter to the speaker", because I certainly can't see how that is so.

Using excessive expletives shows ego and self centeredness.By using excessive expletives one is showing a lack of caring toward a fellow human being.They do not care if theyre insulting or offending another person.In fact its what theyre aiming for.They want to be contorversial.They want people to react negatively.They want to upset people or offend people.By using excessive expletives it is the same as saying that one is all that matters to one's self and no one else matters.What if I ask respectfully not to be exposed to such profanity?Does it matter?No.Why not?Because the person has no respect for others.It is the same as spitting on people or telling them off.

by excessive swearing it shows that the only one the speaker cares about is the speaker.If the speaker causes disrespect the speaker is usually even happier.It all is purely drama and attention getting language used by those striving for attention and strong reactions.One does not use strong words unless they want a strong reaction  and a lot of attention.Obciously all that matters is if the speakers gets attention.If the speaker cared about others the speaker wouldnt have used language that is offensive to many people.(Probably not so many on the shroomery though as in real life but that isnt the point.)

There is nothing that cannot be said and conveyed correctly without the use of dramatic useless attention getting words like expletives.

Quote:

Using coarse language is a way of making your emotional state of mind known to those around you. It adds force to what you are trying to say, by pointing out that what you are saying means a GREAT DEAL to you on an emotional level.

It adds drama.Unnecessary drama at that.Using expletives shows an emotional level comparable to that of a two year old.

Quote:

It has nothing to do with offending the audience, unless you say something like "hey UnenlightenedOne you are an ass monkey!" (please, no offense! only an example  ).

It has everything to do with offending the audience.Teens and early 20-smethings thrive on negative attention and strong negative reactions.Many of them dress in ways to get strong reactions and to offend people.Many of them use rough language to get negative attention and strong reactions.They act in ways to shock and offend people and get strong negative reactions.Every part of a teen's and many early 20 something's behaviour cries out look at me,pay attention to me.Every part of it also is often designed to be offensive.

Our youth culture thrives on rebellion,offense,negative attention,etc.They crave it.They are akin to two year olds standing on a box screaming look at me,look what I can do.

:rolleyes:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology