Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Disillusioned with the world...
    #3890244 - 03/08/05 11:08 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Often times I desire nothing but to sit and meditate in silence alone.I do not desire food,drink or anything other than meditation.Money,material things,the outside world,etc it all seems to trivial and illusory and seems not to matter if it exists or not.

During this time I have no desire to eat nor do I even feel hunger.I feel as if nothing matters besides meditation.I sit in a closed room and feel as if everything else ceases to exist.I go through this for days to weeks at a time.During this time I feel nothing but a sense of stillness/contentedness.I dont desire to do anything during this time either not even a desire to move.

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way or experienced this.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Disillusioned with the world... [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3890306 - 03/08/05 11:20 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

I could be way off here...

But you sound very very depressed.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Disillusioned with the world... [Re: Boom]
    #3890341 - 03/08/05 11:27 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

No Im not depressed.You are way off.During this experience I am very content and still.One might say at peace with one's self and everything.I simply desire nothing material during this time.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3890362 - 03/08/05 11:33 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Ok, sorry :shrug:

Perhaps you are the opposite of what your Login Name suggests...

Maybe you have acheived Zen?  Or a higher conciousness?

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Disillusioned with the world... [Re: Boom]
    #3890392 - 03/08/05 11:43 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Ok, sorry

No need to appoloigize.I was merely stating that what you had said was incorrect.

Quote:

Perhaps you are the opposite of what your Login Name suggests...

Maybe you have acheived Zen? Or a higher conciousness?

As time goes on I am constantly gaining higher levels of conciousness bit by bit.That can be said for sure.I have sought the depths (or heights) or spirituality since a young age.But lately I feel myself slipping bit by bit from the world as I have known it.Itsa strange experience.Everyday I seem to lose more of what little materialism I had left.Im a certain at this point money could flow throughout the streets and I'd just continue about my business as usual unaffected nor caring.

I seem to only desire at this point to cultivate and work with sacred plants and trade some of them to gain more species which I find useful.From this state I experience states as explained earlier where I do not even desire to do anything but meditate.

Right now I desire to smoke from a hookah or hookah pipe and sit below a tree just taking in what comes by in this fleeting moment.Peacefully.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3890650 - 03/09/05 12:36 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Honestly, I envy you. I wish I had the self-discipline to behave in a similar way. I wish I could just be happy without food, drink, smoke or companionship. Good for you for reaching that level in your spiritual development.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Disillusioned with the world... [Re: MOTH]
    #3890832 - 03/09/05 01:07 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

There is nothing to envy.Each level of spiritual acheivement is much like the popular saying,Before enlightenment,chop wood,carry water,After enlightenment,chop wood,carry water.Nothing changes but one's perception of the world as one grows.

It can very well be said that what one desires to acheive spiritually, cannot be acheived for it is that very desire that prevents one from reaching that level.

Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore.

--------------------

Edited by UnenlightenedOne (03/09/05 03:10 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3892006 - 03/09/05 09:36 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

yes

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3892434 - 03/09/05 11:18 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Well put :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #3893070 - 03/09/05 02:36 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I've spent years meditating as if I was in a cave. Consider it retreat time. If depression sets in at all then maybe adjust the light/food/activity to allow some fresh air and sun. Consider vata or pitta foods :wink:  Hot baths keep the shrotas/nadis flowing. These are things that helped me.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Disillusioned with the world... [Re: eve69]
    #3893080 - 03/09/05 02:38 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Also, maybe some action meditations would be good. Like Kalachakra or something.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: Disillusioned with the world... [Re: eve69]
    #3893530 - 03/09/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

You still desire to meditate; the process of refining awareness is unfinished (unending?). Strive on mindfully. :gassho:

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Edited by TinTree (03/09/05 04:25 PM)

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Disillusioned with the world... [Re: TinTree]
    #3893653 - 03/09/05 04:48 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

You still desire to meditate; the process of refining awareness is unfinished (unending?). Strive on mindfully.

In many ways I do not believe anything truly has an end but rather an infinite circle.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #3913752 - 03/13/05 09:44 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

UnenlightenedOne said:
Often times I desire nothing but to sit and meditate in silence alone.I do not desire food,drink or anything other than meditation.Money,material things,the outside world,etc it all seems to trivial and illusory and seems not to matter if it exists or not.

During this time I have no desire to eat nor do I even feel hunger.I feel as if nothing matters besides meditation.I sit in a closed room and feel as if everything else ceases to exist.I go through this for days to weeks at a time.During this time I feel nothing but a sense of stillness/contentedness.I dont desire to do anything during this time either not even a desire to move.

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way or experienced this.

you're getting close, man.

a lot of people pierce the curtain and reach the void. But not everyone comes back, and it changes most people profoundly.

good luck.

Offlineschmektron
Vainglorious

Loc: Wrapped in an imbroglio
    #3924101 - 03/16/05 01:05 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I've gone through a similar phase last year; i used to eat 1 meal a day, meditate continually. I gave it up for a small period of time however, and I went out into the world and unexpectedly sharpened my tools, so to speak. I'm coming back into the lifestyle though. I say daily practice is all you need. If/when you stop the practice, don't worry because you'll return eventually.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom