Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

Loc: Restaurant @ End of Unive...
Removing jars from incubator...
    #3888169 - 03/08/05 06:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey... this is my first post but i've been reading around the site/forum for awhile. I've got about 20 half-pint pf-style jars in an incubator right now (which i've kept around 80-84 degrees) and am planning on cutting them in half, rolling them in verm setting them on a bit more verm in a jar lid and putting them in a perlite humidified terrarium at room temp (around 70-77).

My questions are...
1. Do I want to move my jars directly from the incubator to the fruiting chamber or should I place the jars in light for a little while after they've become fully colonized (as the pf tek somewhat vaguely reccomends??) ?
2. At what point exactly do I want to remove the jars from the incubator/birth them/etc: (full colonization --> full colonization + a few days --> presence of primordia/orangish coloration  --> pinning)?
3. I have a clear and an opague lid for my incubator (they had both at the store :grin:). Is there any reason I would want to expose the jars to light at some point (near the end i would guess) while still leaving them in the warm confines of the incubator?

Anyways... that's about it, I've read through almost all of the tech's and faq's and I'd appreciate any advice you guys have to offer. Peeeeeace.  :cool:

--------------------
You are sleeping with your eyes open.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Removing jars from incubator... [Re: hankfu]
    #3888192 - 03/08/05 06:13 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Removing jars from incubator... [Re: hankfu]
    #3888196 - 03/08/05 06:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

1. Do I want to move my jars directly from the incubator to the fruiting chamber or should I place the jars in light for a little while after they've become fully colonized (as the pf tek somewhat vaguely reccomends??) ?

No dont let it start fruiting in the jars, and dont cut your cakes in half, dunk them 24 hours in water and roll them in sterile vermiculite.
2. At what point exactly do I want to remove the jars from the incubator/birth them/etc: (full colonization --> full colonization + a few days --> presence of primordia/orangish coloration --> pinning)?
Full colonization + 5-10 day but no light and no fruiting temps.
3. I have a clear and an opague lid for my incubator (they had both at the store ). Is there any reason I would want to expose the jars to light at some point (near the end i would guess) while still leaving them in the warm confines of the incubator?
No do not expose them to light before the birth, and when you birth like i said dunk them 24 hours, roll them in verm and put them in the fruiting chamber.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

Loc: Restaurant @ End of Unive...
Re: Removing jars from incubator... [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3888216 - 03/08/05 06:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

psychoslut:
Why not cut them in half? This is definitely my first time so I don't have too much of a clue. But why do so many people say that cutting in half increases yields? Or are you just saying that dunking them will increase them just as much? Also... would you recommend dunking or dunking in the fridge (since my max room temp is around 75-77)? Thanx

--------------------
You are sleeping with your eyes open.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation