Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShrooms4Less
Shroom4Free
 User Gallery

Loc: Right Here
Dunking Question -- Thank You members for your advice --
    #3887231 - 03/08/05 02:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I am on my sencond batch of PF jars. My first batch is in the terrium and hasn't started to fruit yet but have more colonized jarsready. Do I expose them to light until they pin and then dunk or do you just dunk and put in terrium when fully colonized With double end verm. tek. Please help. Thank you and Peace.

--------------------
If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But ONLY if you're serious about adopting the vulture. - Deep Thoughts (Saturday Night Live)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Dunking Question -- Thank You members for your advice -- [Re: Shrooms4Less]
    #3887256 - 03/08/05 02:44 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

after your jars are done colonizing you should dunk them. dunking makes larger flushes, and rolling in vermiculite afterwards makes even bigger flushes.

this is how i do it. once colonization is done i scrape the dry verm layer off the top of the cakes, and then put bottled spring water into the jars with the cakes in them. then i put the tops back on and put all the jars into a plastic bag and put em in the refridgerator (this is called cold shocking, it initiates pinning, but isnt neccessary). you can also just dunk the jars without cold shocking, but i recommend it. you should dunk for 12-24 hours, i usually go for 24.

once dunking and/or cold shocking is done i then pour out dry vermiculite onto a dinner plate and pour the water out of the jars. i CAREFULLY handle the cakes then, and roll them in the dry verm and immediately place them into my fruiting chamber. then take a spray bottle (i usually use bottled water) and spray the cakes with the dry verm on them until the dry vermiculite is wet.

so... dunk first, then roll in verm, and then place in fruiting chamber where pins will develop. after your first flush just clean the cakes of all pins and dunk/cold shock again.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation