Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Ok, let's get humid
    #3885851 - 03/08/05 02:05 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

In my previous Thread, no-one replied w/ info. on how to help me, so i'm going to try and do this once more and be less complex so that people won't be so afraid of replying 8-)

My PmP has the 2 airstones

It's a 62qt

I'm using a pump that has it to where 2 hoses can be hooked up and damn, it's pretty powerful,donno how much it pumps tho =/

Water is 2in

Rocks(lava) is at 3in

No humidity, Talk about not fun :frown: , i'm pretty bummed, i've added water, taken some out, adding a bit more rocks, taken some out, still no humidity...

I think it's my pump...At first I used the bigun that I'm running now, with uno airstone....it made Some humidity, jus enogh to let me kno that there was some humidty...But then it was gone after like 30mins...

I then decided that maybe to much air was coming in, so I used my 300whisper(thats what it says on top of the pump), and i put 2 airstones in, still no luck, took one airstone out, still nothing

I've changed it up, mixed and matched, i need to get this thing done by friday and i read anymore my brain and eyes will explode, I've read magash's thread 3x times over...It helped with some thing but Now i'm stuck...

Not really a Q i guess, but input is really needed....thankx

-Gnostic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3885862 - 03/08/05 02:07 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

how large are the air stones bro?

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: Roadkill]
    #3885890 - 03/08/05 02:19 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Airstones=1Ft 2in

Terrium Dimenctions(shut up ok lol)

1Ft tall
1Ft 9in long
1Ft 3in Wide

I've got 2 stones in there, lol. I think there's to much air going through but when i hook up my weaker pumps, there's no real difference except the sound that the air makes when it goes through the water/rocks (softer sound)

-Gnostic

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3886101 - 03/08/05 04:29 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Hey

Sure your RH gauge is working properly?

I had a poor mans pmp (a pmp for a poor man yeah double poor, lol) I used 2 inches of geolite in a bucket, one inch of water. And my first cake fruited in there without any problems, at all. No pump.
How big are those lavarock pieces?

What is capacity of that pump, and what happens if you use the weaker one for a longer time?

Also magash tek says thet the waterlevel should be at 75% (or 66, I dont remember) of teh geolite / lavarock / perlite level.
If waterlevel too high, RH will drop.

Good luck,
MF

--------------------

Offlinecrazymanja
Bug Eyed Earl
 User Gallery

Loc: I GOT SHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3886112 - 03/08/05 04:34 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Use the wooden airstones (finer bubbles) maybe that would help

--------------------
"My mom thinks I'm special"

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: crazymanja]
    #3886424 - 03/08/05 08:20 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

If your going by an rh meter, it probably sucks.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMages
Spaz
 User Gallery
Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3886527 - 03/08/05 09:10 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Yeah, look for condensation on the sides/top. If it's there & hygrometer says no humidity, then the hygrometer's bad. One thing. In the pet stores you can get little splitters with valves on them. Try inserting one of those in your line, one exit from the splitter leading into your container, and one left open. Then open up the valve to the container and allow the other valve to release some of the pressure outside. This will decrease the pressure going into the water, making smaller lazier bubbles that will collect more moisture going through the water.

Or, if you WANT all that air going in (for air exchange), put a pre-humidifier in the line. Take an empty plastic 2 liter soda bottle, run your line into the bottom with a bubble stone and seal the hole around that line. Then run a line out from the top to your original stone (sealed as well, of course). Cap the bottle, turn the pump on, and see if humidity goes up.

--------------------
- Mages

Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed.
- C.J. Cherryh

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3886541 - 03/08/05 09:20 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I had this same problem. The reason its not humid is cause of too much air flow. You are pushing all the humidity out with all that air. I thought it would be worth it to buy the 50 dollar air pump. My air pump is powerfull enough it provides air flow for 2 pmp's and it could prolly do 4 if i hade one of those thingys the makes you able to hook up 2 hoses to one port. If you got the expensive pump it has a dial on it to controll the flow, just mess with that till you get signs of humidity. or use one wand only.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3886582 - 03/08/05 09:36 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I've got the same setup as you, and even with out my pump on the humidity stays at 80%. When i turn them on it can get all the way to 100%. I've got about 2" of water and 4" of lava rock, with a 20 gal air pump. The air pump only has a single outlet so i put a t coming out of it and ran it to 2 12" air stones. I'm sure yours looks something like this too?

See the humidity with the airpumps off.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #3887102 - 03/08/05 11:58 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I wish I had pics lol, this really would be like, a million times easier...

>Sure your RH gauge is working properly?

[]Don't have one, the Rh is so low that I can tell it's not even there, when your humidity gets to like 75% and up, you can feel the water stick to your hands. Never really like them anyways, they only work well when you buy the $$$ ones...

>What is capacity of that pump, and what happens if you use the weaker one for a longer time?

[]The big one is dual, i can hook up to hoses to it...It's between a 30-50g i'm sure, it pumps lots of air...The weaker on can barely pump water using the 1ft 2in airstones, it's pathetic lol....

>How big are those lavarock pieces?

[]They vary, a couple of the bottom are huge, palm size, the ones towards the top are between nickel-quarter sized and some a lil bit bigger than that but not as big as the ones on the bottom :grin:
I had to break some with a chisel and a hammer, i couldn't level the rocks, they were to bulky...I wish i could have found geo-lite rocks :frown:, they look so easy to use...

>If waterlevel too high, RH will drop.

[] Yea i read that in his thread (read it 3x lol), i've taken water out, about half a cup at a time and let it sit for 2-3 hours to see if the RH would go up, no luck, so then i put it back in slowly, same thing...=/

>Try inserting one of those in your line, one exit from the splitter leading into your container, and one left open. Then open up the valve to the container and allow the other valve to release some of the pressure outside. This will decrease the pressure going into the water, making smaller lazier bubbles that will collect more moisture going through the water.

[] I'm doing this now and hoping....But magash's had 2 Large airstones in his and he says that he left his pump on 24/7, so it has to be my pumps....ones weak(probably from age?) and the others to gd strong lol

>Or, if you WANT all that air going in (for air exchange), put a pre-humidifier in the line. Take an empty plastic 2 liter soda bottle, run your line into the bottom with a bubble stone and seal the hole around that line. Then run a line out from the top to your original stone (sealed as well, of course). Cap the bottle, turn the pump on, and see if humidity goes up.

[]I've seen that done b4 but i'm not sure if i understand how to construct it exactly, care to explain er send a link my way? lol

Thankx everyone so much for reply :thumbup:
Hopefully i'll have this fucker running right soon :grin:

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3887127 - 03/08/05 12:07 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

After running my PmP like that for 30 mintues i've noticed a condensation on one said (where the one pump is running)....And inside theres a lil bit on humidty but Def. not enuf for cakes...

If you didnt read the above....
30-50g pump running, has dual inputs for tubes
Ive got 2 1ft 2in airstones in there, ones unplugged for the moment
I'm testing to see if i've got too much air being pumped in.
So far it seems to be working a little bit...

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3887181 - 03/08/05 12:21 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Well theres some humidity now, not much tho, just on the side on the pump thats on lol...

So i got a splitter and have it to where one output utilizes 2 hoses, and the other one has nothing on it :shrug:

Now but pumps are using less power(less air pushing out too), i'll repost in like 2hs and catch up, gl everyone and thankx again :cheers:

-Gnostic

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3887194 - 03/08/05 12:25 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Ok. I like to use about 4 inches of lava geolite or whatever and 3 to 3 1/2 inches of water. Yeah yeah yeah it sounds deep but it gives the bubbles a lot of water to go threw.

Now also try filling it with warm (not hot I'm talking room temp water) and run it for a while and see what the rh is. Often when filled with cold water it can take hours to get to the right humidity.
Be sure the rocks or geolite were wet when you put em in. (Yeah I know that is stupid but some have let the surface of em dry before then filled with water then pm me so it happens)

:thumbup: :grin:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: Magash]
    #3887279 - 03/08/05 12:49 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Lol Sweet.

Yea, i filled it with rather hot water kinda...
I rinsed them with burning hot water and then put hot water in the terrium (all last night), the temp inside is about 70F, its 72-74F in the house tho :grin:

Well it's doing much better now, theres humidity in there! lol
Now all i have to do is put in some more lava rocks and water, I agree, That is really deep, but it's jus more for the bubbles to go through, and im sure that'd help the humidity, i'll hopefully be getting some soon, i'll repost then and let you guys know about the results, thankx everyone and thankx magash :grin:

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3887318 - 03/08/05 12:59 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

One last Q dot dot dot for now....

Can I drill my 1/2in holes on the sides, like right next to the top?
I'm trying to avoid drilling holes in the lid...
Anyone see a problem with this?

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3887604 - 03/08/05 02:01 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Hm, well damnit, It's been like 1h and 2m...I stuck my hand in there, Not humid at ALL, But there's an evap zone and a lil bit of condensation on the sides...

Well, will my pmp still work? Will the cakes be able to just pull out moisture from the rocks or would it be a better idea to do a casing since it needs less humidiy? :frown:...damn

-Gnostic

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3888045 - 03/08/05 03:45 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Its really hard to guage humidity of a little box. Its not the same as when the ambient rh is high and you can tell. It still feels a little different. Its quite likly your rh is higher then you think and fine for cakes if you dunk, roll, and double end case them.

I would still case anyway..casings are always worth it IMO.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3888194 - 03/08/05 04:13 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

You have 4321 posts...lol :smirk:

And i've got a strange feeling that you're right about the humidity...
I'll add more rocks when i get them, only real Q i have left now is what i previosuly posted...It reads..

"Can I drill my 1/2in holes on the sides, like right next to the top?
I'm trying to avoid drilling holes in the lid...
Anyone see a problem with this?"

Thankx everyone :thumbup:

-Gnostic

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3888541 - 03/08/05 05:12 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Why do you want to drill 1/2 in holes? For air exchange?

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ok, let's get humid [Re: KaptKid]
    #3888574 - 03/08/05 05:20 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

They dont need to be in the lid :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates