Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Growing multiple strains, questions...
    #3886330 - 03/08/05 07:00 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I was going to post in trip tips or general questions, but they honestly don't seem as intelligent as the folks in this room, so please don't move me, unless this is the totally wrong room.

I am a first time grower, doing 7 different strains and amazingly everything is looking GREAT right now.

I will post pics when its moved along more, but i am doing 5 cases and around 36 cakes with 7 strains(no im not putting 2 different strains on a cake silly people.)

Does anyone mix two different strains when they trip? B+ and Puerto Rico, or Amazon and Golden Teacher? You know what I'm saying, does it do anything for you or not really, cuz like the great ones say "A cube is a cube..."

Thanks

Sorry if this is silly

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCray
I'm not fat i'mbig bones
 User Gallery

Re: Growing multiple strains, questions... [Re: Photoguy]
    #3886334 - 03/08/05 07:03 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I'd imagin it'd fuck ya up... :-) lol

--------------------
My Shroomery Gallery

Don't get ripped off ONLY BUY FROM SHROOMERY SPONSORS

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing multiple strains, questions... [Re: Cray]
    #3886440 - 03/08/05 08:29 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

A Cube is NOT a cube. A cube NAME is a cube NAME though. "a cube is a cube" is meant when choosing a strain. None are better then another and none will perform a certain way, or give a certain trip, just because its called a particular thing. Conditions, substrate, spore origin, will all play a part.

However, once you grow a few different ones, you'll see the differences. When you take them, you will feel differences. However you can not put labels on particular strain names and say "These mix well" or "This was more potent then this". It will be different for every person and even for you, if you change the way you grow..you could end up with very different shrooms that have the same name.

Personally...I always am growing 2-4 strains at a time and they all get mixed into one giant bag. I dont pay attention to whats what and what I'm taking, because that all doesnt really matter..however I still like mixing them all up. You have more variation..more well roundedness..more..stuff...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale