Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Burmese Tripping ****NOW WITH EXTRA BITS!****
    #3881567 - 03/07/05 04:40 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

So me and my mate (Oli) start off getting Chinese Odyssey 2002 from Blockbuster, always a hilarious film, and head back to my place to munch those shrooms.

When we get back to mine, we sit and chat with Peter (housemate) about drugs :syringe:, and he puts us on a real downer  :sad: about cocaine and my girlfriend's mate Katie. So I'm bugging out about having a bad trip, :eek: Oli saves the day with a typically weird joke, :laugh: and we head off upstairs.

So before we eat, I roll 3 jays :spliff:, and decide to make 2 reasonably strong, and 1 strong. Just for a change. So I happily roll away while Oli wonders what were gonna do all evening :confused:.

We decide on a trip-a-soup Minestrone (mmmm) best way to take those ugly bastards (they look like something brought back from Mars! :whoa:) so go and get the stuff from Sainsburys. After eating we stick on the film and chill for a bit.

We laugh hysterically at all the shitty Kung Foo especially when King Bully meets Phoenix and the "Matchless Thousand Hands" shows up :thumbup:. The film lasts forever! and I mean forever even though it's only 80 mins long, it seems like 4 or 5 hours. So by now I know I'm gonna start tripping pretty bad! :mushroom2:

After the film we sit and chat for a while, I get quite talkative when I'm high on anything,  :smirk: so Oli sits and listens to me gibber on for a while, both grinning happily away like goons. I start seeing translucent databases floating above our heads which show all the information we know. (You know like the ones in MS Access). I decide that Oli's life is seen through films, and mine through all the random bollocks in my head about lizards and music and shit. Which still kinda makes sense now.

EDIT: So we've been sitting chatting for a while with nothing going on, so I decide on some music. But while I'm putting on one of my many Yes CD's (Wondrous Stories is a great trippy song) I start playing with my desk, and manage to pull a piece of paper THROUGH the desk. Actually through the wood itself! Of course this scares the SHIT out me, and Oli almost has a heart attack!

So about now, and probably because of the paper, we develop some slight paranoia, :crazy: though I can't remember what about, I think John (another housemate) woke up, he works nights, and we were tripping out so thought he was gonna find out about it some how. But this passes quickly when I realise its just the shrooms and we get right back on track.  :grin:

I have a cool statue of Buddha in my room, and earlier on we'd surrounded it with candles, it's at the highest point in my room so we both think that Buddha is looking after us, and is sitting happily on high in his corner (where all my books and shit are) so Buddha becomes our all knowing best buddy for the evening :smirk: (like the Buddy Jesus in Dogma). Which was pretty cool. Around now I see those tables again behind my eyes and suddenly realise how much information we all carry round without knowing it. The nature of intelligence seems to be something about being able to search through these tables quickly and being able to look through a lot of them at once. Hard to explain but made perfect sense at the time, and still does now.

So I decide I'm gonna be a computer programmer (been having a bit of existential angst lately :shocked:) and sit happily staring at my wardrobe for a while. Oli hardly moves at all and I get freaked out that I don't know what's going on with him (he's never been very verbal) so I spend ALL night from then on asking him. He says he feels that me talking is filling him with knowledge and that his head is growing huge!! Which sounds cool enough.  :smirk:

EDIT: Oli's staring out of the window for like an hour (feels like it anyway) and since its pitch black and my house backs onto a HUGE field, I had to ask what the hell he was looking at that was so interesting. I wasn't prepared for him to say "look at that evil house!" though! LOL. It was a seriously dark looking house though, something about orange light and the windows made it look like an evil old tree! Pretty damn funny though!

So we calm down from housey outside, and I move and sit next to him (to get a better view of Buddha) it's about 10pm now and we're pretty high, but decide to take some more shrooms. :mushroom2: I get the board and knife and cut up a fair few (7 or 8) and we spoon them down our throats with the aid of some water. Not the tastiest thing ever but really made the evening. Pretty soon I'm closing my eyes and seeing whirling Japanese mega-drive characters (From Bishi-Bashi) spinning around connected by their heads :samurai:, and weird Jimmy Neutron graphical people next to words like "Extremely Easy Going" :rastamon: which is all very CGI and quite cool. Oli doesn't see anything though, which, being the point, is a bit annoying.

Anyway we decide to smoke one of those joints :stoned:, and I get the 3 and give Oli the choice "Regular or Super-size?" made me laugh, he just chose a "Regular" and we toked away for a bit. Oli couldn't handle it right then, 1 toke and he was "No More Of That For Me!", fine by me, I sat and toked on it for a while staring at the TV lost in introspection.

I START SEEING CRAZY STUFF! letters everywhere, (saw them earlier but just like K's and things) the word "HOOOOP" falls down the side of Oli's face like some crazy stop frame animation, from now on in, I see words everywhere! It's great! But Oli see nothing.  :sad:

I lose track of time, and we smoke another joint :stoned:, or rather I do. Oli's still not happy with it. After this words appear all over everywhere, on the walls, and on a plane level with the bottom of my light shade. At one point I get sucked into a warp of letters. It feels like they bore a hole into the wall and pull me in with them. I see some other trippy characters behind my eyes, in complete 3D CGI style! So I'm grinning like a motherfucker and happy as Larry at this point. Oli still looks bummed though :sad:, and I don't know why (he won't tell me either). But I'm happy on my own trip, feels very much like being in a car as I sit next to Oli staring at a blank TV screen.

Another joint later :stoned: :stoned: (Super-size this time) and the letters make sense, they tell me what everything is doing and whether it's OK. I see "Extremely Easy Going" everywhere and all is fine :smirk:. I get up to change the music (YES-35th Anniversary been on for a while) and choose Yes-Drama, maybe not the best choice but it's still pretty trippy. So we chill for a while listening to the tunes fill the room and flow around me. Again grinning inanely :grin:.

I decide I wanna listen to the Bloodhound Gang :penis:, but can't find the CD anywhere, I (stupidly) use a candle near the floor and cover EVERYWHERE in hot wax, including me. For the rest of the night I feel like my whole body is covered in hot wax. Not good!

So the letters say something BAD about the corner of hot wax all evening, but I'm still happy.:3stooges: We stick on Simon and Garfunkel - Feeling Groovy and we sure do!! Later Punky's Dilemma creeps in, and that makes us both bounce around madly and sing a bit.

After this we decide to set up my GameCube (a mammoth task!) and play Super Monkeyball 2! So every things plugged in, and we start that baby up. We pick "Monkeyrace 2" and the crazy game voice tells us everything we choose, which was funny. So we start the game, and race off as our monkeys in balls (funny enough to look at normally) and I'm so high I can't play I keep crashing into shit and stuff. But I don't care cos I'm having the time of my life, I almost get sucked into the game and feel one with my monkey MeeMee. It's just sooooo much fun, everyone should have a GameCude and MonkeyBall 2! So we have a couple of races, and as usual Oli kicks my ass  :sad:, after this we play Monkey Target. Crazy mini-game piloting monkeys with hemispherical wings to land on big colourful targets, getting items on the way like banana bunches, magnets, and stars :sun:. So you can imagine how this all looks to me while I'm living half inside the game!! :smirk: :smirk: Anyway for a turn of events I cream Oli this time by like 900 points. :cool: Which doesn't seem like much but he's always 10000 ahead of everyone normally. So it's a major victory for me!!  :grin:

(Oli tells me we spent like an hour where he came down before I did, and he was trying to fuck with my head after this. But I don't remember any of it!  :crazy:)

After that we're pretty much back down and decide to sleep. So the trip ends pretty suddenly, but still a great night :tongue2:.

Made me realise a lot about myself, not least that I always think I know what other people want, (Gotta stop doing that now I know!)

Also realised that Shrooms don't tap into another dimension, or let you use previously unknown parts of the brain. They just tap you into the whole of your brains normal workings. So you can really feel your breathing, heart, etc. Thoughts are great as the zip and ping around the inside of my head and I feel them flowing between my neurons.

So this is it! Give me feedback on my thoughts, and your thoughts about my random cool trip.

Thanks for reading!  :grin: :spliff:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

Edited by PsilocinSam (03/09/05 06:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Burmese Tripping [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3881880 - 03/07/05 08:40 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Sounds like you had a good time.
Why can't those areas of your brain that you don't normally use be other dimensions? Why rule that out? Whatever you coat the thing is is not what it really is. It is only what it really is an nothing more. Not the label you put on it.

Oh, and your friend seems like the type that will deny shroom effects to the end. He was obviously on close to the same level as you but he said he didn't feel anything. Bullshit. When he said that was enough of the weed for him, he was in too deep. Some people will adamantly deny anything is different even when they are tripping out of their minds. They sometimes think that if they don't recognize it, it is not happening. You should have a good talk with your friend next time you decide to trip together.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflinePsilocinSam

Re: Burmese Tripping [Re: mecreateme]
    #3881906 - 03/07/05 08:53 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

I dunno when we will trip next, but we have some fresh left over so maybe fairly soon.

I'm not denying they are other dimensions, I was simply aware that they weren't. I knew that I was just feeling my brain's normal functions. Though I cannot explain how I knew, I just did. I had to remember to breath at some points, and was aware of being able (if I'd wanted) to access any area of my memory.

I normally feel like the creature from Men In Black, you know, the one inside a human robot. Well I feel like a tiny point of consciousness inside my human shell. When I was tripping, the point expanded to fill my head, rather than just the base of my spine where it connects to my brain where I normally feel it.

That's the best I can do to explain how I knew that I was just seeing all of my brain. Maybe I will see other  :mushroom2:"dimensions":mushroom2: on later trips, I don't know. But sure didn't on that one.

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3881923 - 03/07/05 09:03 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

I wasn't saying anything about you being wrong. Just saying that yes all those dimensions that you don't want to acknowledge are inside your brain as well. The brain is a microcosm of the only one big macrocosm.
All the worlds are in that brain.

I too often feel like a controller inside of a machine. Many people do I think.

What I am saying is that what you take for other dimensions may not be what they really are. This is not an either or, yes or no thing. It is a both and statement.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflinePsilocinSam

#3881983 - 03/07/05 09:35 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

I did understand what you were saying, I just gave my reasons for believing what I felt was what was happening.

Although I do disagree with your very Cartesian idea of reality, I myself find Naive Realism to be of great use. All things exist external of the mind, and we simply perceive what is.

So I'd say, all dimensions are experienced in the mind, but exist external of it. Suppose it gives us the chances to meet in these higher/other dimensions of existence if we are ever lucky enough.

The mind is a powerful tool, but I am cautious to see of trips as revealing some universal truth to the tripper. Really I believe that the only truths that can be revealed from taking something, are truths about your essential nature.

So I hope to discover the seat of my Bodhi mind through use of psychedelics, and some meditation on my experiences. Like a form of Psychedelic Zen Buddhism I suppose.

Any thoughts on this approach or my ideas are appreciated. So come on, SOCK IT TO ME!!  :rocket:

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3882031 - 03/07/05 09:54 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

You have nice backing in your intellectual thoughts.

The thing is it is hard to disagree with my view because in my view, my own view of the matter contains your view as well. I see that the things do exist externally but what we term external is only a part of the whole. And each of us is a reflection of that whole. There is no way to get anywhere in this arguement cause the things we are trying to pinpoint are phantoms that do not exist in reality. However, I like to take the road that includes everything.

It is good you are cautious to believe the apparently universal truths that are revealed while tripping. Anything I discover I take with a grain of salt and if it proves itself to me over time, in normal everyday experience, then I tend to believe that it could be true or might be. I never take anything as set in stone that I discover while tripping. And yes, IME, the only thing psychedelics do are just that, reveal things about your essential timeless nature.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocinSam

#3882074 - 03/07/05 10:07 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

So if what is external is only part of the whole, what would you consider to be the rest of it?

If the route your taking is the one I assume, then you would argue that what is inside each of us is the other part, but that's external to everyone other than the person to whom it is internal, so I can't see that being a logical argument of your position.

Possibly you argue that what is external is only what we see, and so there are things we can't see that make up the whole. Which is a coherent view point, if a little circumspect because of its vagaries.

Being a (partially) trained philosopher I like to seek out the truth as other people see it, and not just my own view. Consensus truth is really what I'm after in general. So your viewpoint being inclusive of my own, but somehow also diametrically opposed to it is really quite interesting.

I do like to tinker with Cartesian doubt, but find it hard to integrate into normal life, hence me being, generally, a Naive Realist. It's just the simplest route to take in the outside world.

Internally I do doubt the validity of other people/objects, and continue to observe that there are some connections between living organisms I can feel, that I cannot explain.

For me, I see life as the "hum" of reality, a flood of background noise on which the harmonics of existence are played. Very much like the branches of a tree hold leaves.

--------------------

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3882097 - 03/07/05 10:18 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Oh, and your friend seems like the type that will deny shroom effects to the end. He was obviously on close to the same level as you but he said he didn't feel anything. Bullshit. When he said that was enough of the weed for him, he was in too deep. Some people will adamantly deny anything is different even when they are tripping out of their minds. They sometimes think that if they don't recognize it, it is not happening. You should have a good talk with your friend next time you decide to trip together.

:thumbup:

Well put mecreateme :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3882100 - 03/07/05 10:19 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

The Universe = The Universe, nothing equals the Universe or whole except for the Universe itself. The closest you can get is a model which contains in itself the model of the thing it is trying to be. Sort of like an artist painting himself into the painting. He would have to keep painting ad infintum to do it real justice.

Agreed it is really hard to fit what I speak of in normal reality. But it seems to be the strange way that it is all set up. In that things are both outside and inside of us at the same time. We react to what we consider stimulus but in reality, the stimulus just reacts with our brains which are just chemicals that make us think we are reacting with things outside of us. When in reality all we see, hear, touch, etc. is just in our head. It is in reality, one way of looking at it, outside of us, and in other way of looking at it, inside of us. It is both, not either. It displays traits of both but is concretely neither one.

Very good way to look at. Try seeing it all as one string or vibration. Each of us is just a different frequency of vibrations all along the same string.

--------------------

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3882107 - 03/07/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Very good way to look at. Try seeing it all as one string or vibration. Each of us is just a different frequency of vibrations all along the same string.

Damn, mecreateme you are really speaking to me today :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflinePsilocinSam

Re: Burmese Tripping [Re: Kerr]
    #3885899 - 03/08/05 02:26 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I get that idea mecreateme, models can only do sufficient justice to the whole, if they exist outside of that whole. Obviously a practical impossibility. In the mind a complete picture of the Universe could be made, but that's arguably not a model.

I like the idea of each being being a different harmonic on the same string, definitely part of my day to day experience, and nicely put into words.

I suppose the real problem is knowing whether what we model, is really just part of someone else's model, or simply something we create. In which case we are the model (but not in an absolute sense), which like you said is a rather recursive situation.

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on the co-incidence of Zen Buddhism and Psychedelia at the higher levels (seeking spiritual understanding of oneself) since someone on here recommended I keep the 2 separate, but I can't see why they aren't two ways down the same path. Any thoughts?

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3886413 - 03/08/05 08:09 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

They reflect each other like mirrors.

You will find that the psychedelic part of your spirituality will hinder your natural progression. That is what I see mostly with harcore Buddhists. There could be two ways down the same path but many people say that taking psychedelic drugs burns away your hard earned karma. And it reverses the process towards reaching Nirvana. However, from all my reading, we are in Nirvana.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3886445 - 03/08/05 08:33 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I see lots here - good time yup... and tons of critters

since the buddha is occupying a religious/voodoo like place in your private world, I think that psychedellic and zazen are not going to mix without a voodoo like warp - which you wont like.

computer programming is a good enough thing to do (I do and find it a good living and creative outlet as well but still I paint etc.)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck