Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Salvia?
    #3881964 - 03/07/05 09:25 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I am pretty new to the whole arena of psychedelics, but am beginning to practice forms of Zazen meditation and find that psychedelics are an excellent way to find the same results faster.

Really my question is, what do the different strengths of extract mean (5x,10x,20x,25x etc)? How do you take Salvia?

I've heard of people using bongs, or simply lighting blotted paper, or chewing it.

Can it be smoked? and if so, cud it be done with weed? For instance if you were to soak some rizla in a solution of Salvia, could you then roll a joint with it and smoke it to relax you, and possibly take the edge of the breakthrough experience if you were to have one?

So many questions I know, but I'm completely unprepared for Salvia, and although it is intriguing, I'm unsure of its effects.

So any info you've got would be great! :mushroom2:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Salvia? [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3882122 - 03/07/05 10:32 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

PsilocinSam
If you havent been here, check it out firstly
www.erowid.com

Can it be smoked? It sure can be, this is the most common method of ingestion. A quid can be made but with fresh leaves.

What do the different strengths of extract mean (5x,10x,20x,25x etc)
This means that in one gram of extract there is 5x as much of the active ingredients than in one gram of plain leaf, respectively.(Is that correct everyone?)

How do you take Salvia?
You were right about the bong, prolly the best method I have used. With the extracts I am pretty sure that you dont need a torch lighter, but just incase hold a regular flame on the bowl while you toke. You gotta hold the tokes in a while, like 20 or 30 secs.

Can it be smoked with weed? Yes and no, it all depends on what your after. If you want to have a breakthrough experience with Sally, then I would do it on it's own.

My advice, check out Erowid, read the information there and check out some trip reports just so you know what the potential of Lady Sally is :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
Re: Salvia? [Re: Kerr]
    #3882255 - 03/07/05 11:25 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Absolutely required reading:

http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html
http://www.sagewisdom.org/faq.html

These answer all the questions you asked.

> beginning to practice forms of Zazen meditation

With the intention of benefiting all sentient beings, read the material above before using salvia.

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia? [Re: wjames]
    #3883505 - 03/07/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

i reccommend keeping the zazen endeavours separate.
I also reccomend not to confuse entheogenated results with spiritual insight.

occasionally you may need to take refuge in your zazen skills when
the going gets tough in psychedellia.

learning to relax and to observe is excellent

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Salvia? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3883897 - 03/07/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

smoke it in a big glass bong, hold the flame on for long time, and hold long, trick is to get in fast and much :P

iv heard people need to do one and two and three hits. for the godness to 'kick in'.

however, one hit could do you over for the whole :P happy camping, and do read the FAQ, recommended with a sitter, inform of what to do (have the sitter read the FAQ as well) :wink: my 2 cent :P

BTW, i live in Norway. and to import salvia one need prescription from a doctor, like a slip.. he he its kinda sad. i think much of Salvia. yet i don't even see it :\ gotta love the rules!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (03/07/05 06:18 PM)

OfflinePsilocinSam

Re: Salvia? [Re: Gomp]
    #3885891 - 03/08/05 02:19 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

So basically you inhale Sally, in any way shape or form you please?

Nice that it's legal, and funny that it is part of the Sage family!

Psychedelia and Zen Buddhist practice, at the highest levels, seem to seek the same base understanding of the nature of the being itself, whatever that being may be. So I cannot see how a seperation of the two is doing anything but split my search along 2 routes.

I hope that the practice of both together will act to enhance the spritual attributes of both. I'll keep you all informed of my progress in this area. Maybe it'll help other people if I tred this path first, since as far as I know, I'm the only 1 to attempt this.

:mushroom2:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3886133 - 03/08/05 04:52 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

I have seen the two approached together, you will either understand what I mean, or will go someplace unique, which I have seen as well, so it is not that unique.

zazen is like a good motorboat
floating is important in both scenarios
having a motor under your control is not good when entheogenized.

spiritual awakenning comes from zazen, entheogens are like oracles, the visions of oracles are not consistent with the goals of zazen.

great to progress, and with enthogen to take a peek. so keep them separate.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocinSam

Re: Salvia? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3886140 - 03/08/05 05:03 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

I beg to differ, I hope that by being able to control my mind to a greater extent through the practice of meditation, I will be able to better direct my trips and so reach the parts of me I do not currently understand.

Trips to me seem very random, and take on any direction that happens to be in mind at the time of ingesting, so I hope that controlling my mind to a better degree in everyday life will filter through and allow me to direct my trips, much like some people do with directed dreaming.

However why you speak in riddles I cannot explain, except perhaps that you hope your riddles will make me ponder them much like Ku and that this pondering will lead me to unlock knowledge of some universal truth. Possibly a bit higher than you aimed?

Thanks for the advice though.

--------------------

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
    #3886194 - 03/08/05 05:48 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

I believe I read recently that some yogis train themselves to achieve a state of lucid dreaming as part of their discipline and effort to reach "superconscious" states.

Personally, I see a possible connection between lucid dreaming and learning to retain a certain level of self-awareness in a psychedelic 'trip.'

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3886778 - 03/08/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

PsilocinSam said:

Trips to me seem very random, and take on any direction that happens to be in mind at the time of ingesting, so I hope that controlling my mind to a better degree in everyday life will filter through and allow me to direct my trips, much like some people do with directed dreaming.

when you are face to face with god, it does not matter what it says on your train ticket. - on this journey, where you think you want to go is not relevent, that is not a riddle - a fact:

train tickets and diplomas don't count. you go 'cause you must, there are no souvenir stores either, so cultivate the attitude that is open and demand nothing.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

let me try to put it another way [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3886835 - 03/08/05 10:37 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

let's say you are in charge up to the point you ignite your salvia.
do dignified things and be kind to people.

whenyou decide you want to have a peek,
a good idea is to have a sitter, and a glass of water.
soft comfortable surfaces and good air to breathe.

light the pipe. hold.
then let go.

no pretentions.

Afterwards do dignified things and be kind to people

--------------------

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: let me try to put it another way [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3886890 - 03/08/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Well said :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags