Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: Flower Seeds Land Student in Hospital [Re: dblaney]
    #3904329 - 03/11/05 08:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well, opium abuse was fairly common. Look at what it did to china, opium addiction nearly crimpled it. With a better understanding of the drug, people may have realized how addictive it is, but just because it's legal doesn't mean there won't be substantial abuse of that said drug. It also seems like the US just likes drugs more than other countries (I think we buy/consume the most).

I just hate the fact that the media complains because some stupid kid got hurt while messing around with those seeds, where as you hear about someone dieing because they were driving drunk, and it's almost normal - does the media make a fuss about that or do people want to stop selling it? Of course not. The seeds are bad, alcohol is good (in some messed up way).

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Flower Seeds Land Student in Hospital [Re: theocean06]
    #3904345 - 03/11/05 08:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Haha, yeah, did you read the recent UN report on the US drug situation. The government leaders are either naive or blind or both.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Flower Seeds Land Student in Hospital [Re: dblaney]
    #3904691 - 03/11/05 10:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I beg to differ. I mean if you can find these articles, then I'll certainly reconsider, but from my understanding of it, the reason these substances became illegal was not because of safety concerns, rather economic and political reasons. Marijuana coming from Mexico mostly was big competition to the thriving hemp industry. That plus media reports (yellow journalism, yay!) of Mexicans high on marijuana crossing the border, and with the superhuman strength weed gave them, came and raped innocent little white girls. Cocaine, well same thing, only with black people (what's the PC term nowadays? African Americans I believe). And I would imagine because of economic reasons too. Cocaine was present in everything from shampoo to aspirin as a 'miracle drug', so competition was fierce, to say the least. Making it illegal would give the government a huge monopoly on it. Opium, well I'm almost positive that by far the main reason it became illegal was because of the growing number of Chinese opium dens on the west coast. People back then were scared of what they didn't know, and so reports of Mexicans and Blacks and Chinese getting high and then raping sweet little white girls terrified everyone (Reefer Madness...)

I cant find the main article I was referring to currently but if I do I'll post a link.However here's an article that seems to claim addiction was the reason for prohibition.

The Use and Abuse of Drugs in Nineteenth-Century Tennessee

There are various other articles like this one.However it seems valid to assume many factors were responsible not just one or another.Marijuana definitely got a bad rap.Its a shame too.

I believe the media is a major stumbling block in the pursuit of legalization of drugs.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: Flower Seeds Land Student in Hospital [Re: theocean06]
    #3906805 - 03/12/05 01:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Legalization enables the problamatic user to be seperated from the user. When it is illegal, all use is a problem. Yes abuse will exist under a legalized system, but the person who can use and not have problems does not have to be HELPED or LOCKED UP.

LEgalization minimizes the damage of drug use for the majority of users. The majority can use drugs and not be addicted, or damaged by them in some drastic way.

I have used every "addictive illicit drug" and did not become addicted or a chronic user. I even used in the most addictive form. The only problem I had was getting busted for possesion. Under a legalized structure, my life would have had no consequence from drug use.
The laws are supposed to protect citizens, from being hurt by other citizens. It did the exact opposite in my case.

Yes I knew they were illegal at the time of use, so I have no real argument in my circumstance, but this does not change the validity of my argument for legalizing drugs now.

The percentage of users who are harmed by USE will remain the same when it is legal or illegal. More people might use, so more people might be harmed by their use, but the percentages will remain the same. When it is legal you will also have more users that are not harmed by the legal consequences of use. So if you are looking at TOTAL HARM REDUCTION from DRUG USE. LEGAL will beat out ILLEGAL every time.

Of course the average joe non-user can care less about drug users, until it is their friend or family member going to the hospital or to jail. Typically if the user ends up in the hospital the family or friends get VERY ANTI -DRUG. If the user ends up in jail, the exact opposite happens. The friends and family start questioning the legality of drug use. You know, " MY straight A, honor student who was going to be a doctor is now the ward of the state getting sodomized by some rapist because he was unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and didn't have a politician or cop as a family member to be judged by a differnet standard".

Leroy down the block is doing ten for possesion of crack for the intent to sell, but bobby living right next door is living freely after being caught with the same weight in powder, in the same bust.

The war on drugs has done nothing but made America look more racist then it really is, and more insane then it really is. It divides a nation, and it creates an environmnet condusive to Secrecy as opposed to openess. You never no what your neighbor is up to, becasue you can't trust him/her enough to include them in your life. God forbid they dislike your marijuana use and call the cops on you.

Fuck the WAR on DRUGs. There is no rational argument for locking up drug users, only rational arguments for locking up users that have commited some crime with a victim. These people should be charged with the crime that had a victim, not with the drugs that were in their system or possesion at the time of commiting the crime.

The media are just a tool for information. It goes both ways. Some media outlets are pro legalization, the majority are not. That just reflects the overall population at large. The majority of people do not use drugs or care to see them legalized.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Flower Seeds Land Student in Hospital [Re: EonTan]
    #3907547 - 03/12/05 03:58 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I would recommend the book "Under the Influence" for all those who haven't read it. It's a fantastic read.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Hemp

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service