Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesnippets60
Stranger
Legality of syringes and when will it change?!
    #3884206 - 03/07/05 07:35 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Hey all.... I used to grow mushrooms back in the days of Drool Donkey.

Though I haven't grown mushrooms in many years, I still come back from time to time to look around because mushrooms and the cultivation of them fascinate me. Due to past legal issues with other drugs I am for the most part clean and just can't afford to risk it in my life.

But for the topic of my post... What does the future hold for the legality of spores? When last I looked there were 2 states not allowing them. And now there are 3!!

Because of the internet things are getting bigger and bigger and it seems to me something will be done federally at some point.

Will we be able to order them mailwise from other countries without much trouble, much like some people order pot seeds???

I foresee a day in the NEAR future when syringes will have to be found locally through 'friends'. Those who want to grow will have a hard if not impossible time finding spores. If they do they will be paying mega bucks and still possibly not getting a viable true product.

Do you see something different? If so, what?

And if you see it my way... What can we do now to slow or get around this so we can ensure spore research freedom for the future?

A hello to all those who read this and might of had the privilege of being a part of Drool Donkey.

Peace and Good luck to all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: snippets60]
    #3884236 - 03/07/05 07:43 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

It's called The united States...After they destroy every other country and take them over and make them democracy's, they'll move onto controlling the people as much as possible...I don't think there's any hope, the battle your talking about is almost unbeatable...It's hard to get those to open up who are close minded and almost impossible to get the majority of people to follow you in a sit-in. Otherwise pot would be legal...Sucks, there is no stopping it =/....

-Gnostic

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3884269 - 03/07/05 07:52 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

snippets60 said:
I foresee a day in the NEAR future when syringes will have to be found locally through 'friends'.

unfortunately I see it the same way, 10 maybe 15 years down the road if they put a ban on research on these drugs again.

Quote:

What can we do now to slow or get around this so we can ensure spore research freedom for the future?

organize.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3884273 - 03/07/05 07:53 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Exactly :laugh:

Offlinebanda1825
science project
 User Gallery

Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3884286 - 03/07/05 07:56 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

agree.

--------------------
It's all about science project.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: banda1825]
    #3884411 - 03/07/05 08:19 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

It's not looking pretty for the future of spore availability in the United States. This is definitely something to be concerned about, and may happen sooner then we all like. This is mostly speculation and maybe a little paranoia mixed in, but it's still a hunch that I'm planning for. Considering it's illegal to possess spores in 3 states and Ohio narrowly avoided illegalization a few years back, this may be a reality one day.

What can you do? Gather information, keep learning, spread this knowledge to as many people as you possibly can by any means you can. Teach others what you know to increase the knowledge pool of mushroom cultivation. Keep pushing yourself to learn new things here. Learn how to establish mycelium cultures and store them long term, and as a result become self sufficient. Revive those stored cultures and keep the cycle going. Make connections and bridge gaps with people here.

If the day comes when spores are criminalized, vendors will no longer be able to provide for us. The only people we'll have to count on at that point is ourselves and the shroomery community (look around you).

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#3884423 - 03/07/05 08:22 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Yep...they outlawed spores because of me in Idaho too!!!

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: Holydiver]
    #3884442 - 03/07/05 08:26 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Learn how to establish mycelium cultures and store them long term

How would one do that? You gotta link or anything?!

**edit**
I know how one would establish cultures, but storing them long term? How "long term" are we talkin here?

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Edited by bruceallen (03/07/05 08:27 PM)

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: Taskenti]
    #3884460 - 03/07/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

SOme culture lasts for like 6 months i think, dont remeber which tho.

Prints would be great to store....illregardless they'd be hard to get and illegal, how crazy is that? About as crazy as someone telling you can you can and can't put into your own body in your own home

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: Taskenti]
    #3884471 - 03/07/05 08:35 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

bruceallen said:
Quote:

Learn how to establish mycelium cultures and store them long term

How would one do that? You gotta link or anything?!

**edit**
I know how one would establish cultures, but storing them long term? How "long term" are we talkin here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A strong heathy isolate of myc, placed in distilled sterile water in a vacutainer - will last for decades.

Sterile water was first used to preserve cultures by Castellani in 1939 (2). Since then, many scientists have used this method; McGinnis et al. in 1974 (3) and Odds in 1991 (4) reported that they were able to maintain viable cultures for more than three years, without degradation.

This technique satisfies many different interests: Castellani's pathogenic fungi, Odds interest was in pathogenic yeast, and McGinnis' interest was in a wide range of fungi, yeast, and bacteria. The distilled water preserved all of them.

Storage Method:
Obtain dram vials from your laboratory supplier and fill them about half full (about 3mL) with distilled water, loosely cap the vials and sterilize them in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes @250 F. Half dram vials or test tubes with screw caps would also work well.

About six milliliters of sterile distilled water is pipetted aseptically into a freshly growing culture. The fragments of hyphae are dislodged by lightly scraping the aerial growth with the same pipette, and the resulting suspension is withdrawn and transferred to a sterile glass vial. Put plenty of inoculum into each vial to insure success. Screw the lid on tight and wrap Parafilm around the top of the vial to make sure it is airtight. When you come back in a few years, you would not want to find that the water had evaporated
Store the vials at room temperature away from direct sunlight. A bookshelf or wall cabinet is an excellent place. If conditions deteriorate, and the room should become unbearably hot, the vials can be refrigerated, but that is not normally necessary.

In the distilled water environment, the mushroom culture enters a dormant state, and it is held in stasis
The Rude Awakening:
Under aseptic conditions, simply dip a sterile loop into the vial, and streak the mycelia-rich water onto an agar plate. It will start to reanimate on being in a nutrient source and oxygen.

The first four methods keep cultures alive with three items: food, water, and oxygen. If they lack any of these, It's goodbye.

Instead of trying to keep them alive, there is a better way: In sterile distilled water, with no food, oxygen, or minerals. This method was in use almost 60 years ago, but was apparently lost due to lack of communication.

References
(1) M.D.Graham, "A Simple,Practical Method for Long Term Storage of Yeast", Brewing Techniques 5, March/April (1997), pp 58-62
(2) S.Castellani,"Viability of Some Pathogenic Fungi in Distilled Water", Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 42, pp 225-226 (1939)
(3) M.R.McGinnis,A.A.Padhye,and L. Ajello,"Storage of Stock Cultures of Filamentous Fungi,Yeasts, and Some Aerobic Actinomycetes in Sterile Distilled Water", Applied Microbiology 28, pp 218-222 (1974)
(4) F.C.Odds, "Long Term Laboratory Preservation of Pathogenic Yeast in Water",Journal of Medical and Veterinary Mycology 29, pp 413-415(1991)

--------------------

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: agar]
    #3884564 - 03/07/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

thanks agar! damn I love this guy!

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

OfflineRevMax
Stranger
Loc: Earth
    #3884582 - 03/07/05 08:55 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Well, hopefully the republicans will leave office, and that type of stuff will slow down, but at least marijuana is getting closer to legal/acceptable. There will always be underground trading places, like this may one day become. Just think, things like coke, heroin, etc. are illegal, but are very easy to get. Things will never change, as human behavior wont change much.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: RevMax]
    #3884591 - 03/07/05 08:57 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

i think the more restrictions they put on drugs the more exciting things get :cool:

nice post angar you are a mushroom god :mushroom2:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3884598 - 03/07/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

That's what i was thinking! Agar's got it down :laugh: lol

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: ralphster44]
    #3885764 - 03/08/05 01:41 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

ralphster44 said:
Yep...they outlawed spores because of me in Idaho too!!!

lolzz Ralph

Quote:

agar said:
A strong heathy isolate of myc, placed in distilled sterile water in a vacutainer - will last for decades.

Yes this is very true bro.

I learned this process from Mr. Mushroom a few years back.
He was telling me that he had mushroom mycelium in sterile water, in test tubes that were over 10 years old...that were still viable.
So I have been stocking up my many different strains this way for the past 3 years. :smile:

----

What the future might hold :

I think they will outlaw spores in the USA some day.
Which will close down all the Vendors in the USA.
People will have to trade spore prints in secret...or buy spore prints from other countries outside the good old USA.
There is no way they(The MAN) will find spore prints through the mail...so spore syringes will become a thing of the past.
People will have to learn how to make their own spore syringes from spore prints...which isn't a bad idea anyway...IMHO
Newbies will just have to how to make their own syringes the first time.
I did...I know they can.

Then the holy war will engulf the world...and it will be the beginning of the end!~

maybe!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: Roadkill]
    #3885866 - 03/08/05 02:10 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Seriously you can get anything in the mail. They can't track everything, it is just to costly. It would be easy to bring a shitload of prints in a magazine or even in your cell phone or a key chain onto an airplane.

Sorry I am way to creative when it comes to how to suggle things into the united states lol. You should check the one I have for a gas tanker with a tank within a tank, isolated and filled with x chemical which doesn't allow drug in inside tank to be smelt. Of course the wieght would be matched perfectly, but shit they already do this I am sure!

Just outsmart the dogs nose, what chemical blocks the dogs nose?

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3885913 - 03/08/05 02:34 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

They don't have spore sniffing dogs - yet. Besides, dogs would be going after nasty old ladies feet - first, crotch second & ass third. Lots spores in those places.

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Legality of syringes and when will it change?! [Re: Roadkill]
    #3885939 - 03/08/05 02:43 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

[quote
What the future might hold :

I think they will outlaw spores in the USA some day.
Which will close down all the Vendors in the USA.
People will have to trade spore prints in secret...or buy spore prints from other countries outside the good old USA.
There is no way they(The MAN) will find spore prints through the mail...so spore syringes will become a thing of the past.
People will have to learn how to make their own spore syringes from spore prints...which isn't a bad idea anyway...IMHO
Newbies will just have to how to make their own syringes the first time.
I did...I know they can.

Then the holy war will engulf the world...and it will be the beginning of the end!~ maybe!~

I don't think we have to worry, until war on coke, crack, meth, herion & pot is won (which is more like a never ending thing, that Gov cannot win, so long as demand exist @ huge profit).

Then some bored Fed busybody gets on high horse, gets P/C spores listed on Fed list of controlled precursor substance, then spore vendor game is DONE all over USA.

--------------------

Offlinesnippets60
Stranger
    #3890292 - 03/08/05 11:17 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

I just want to say that i don't think we're making it any easier on ourselves by having Mushroom Grow Radio and such. We've added "shipping and handling fees" and the ability to order syringes by credit card over the net..

Amazing....And save the "it's hard work and costs money to run the site and offer diffent "races" stuff for someone else...

Sites like Ralphster's and Sporeworks look very professional and organized which is just the sort of thing that gets us noticed.
Not very long ago it was send $10 with a return address. Now it's send $15 and don't forget the form and the $5 shipping and handling...

anyways...Business is all good...I just don't think the way it's being done is serving this community at large for the long run.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3890345 - 03/08/05 11:27 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

We are an online community man, all we have to do is stick together and spores will always be availible to everyone.

Of course if spores are illegal newbs will have a hard time convincing us they are not cops but whatever.

Information will never be illegal, we can always trade and sell via pm and e-mail.

If the government makes spores illegal i will be the first to make a couple hundred prints and give them away.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale