Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

More lonely than ever?
    #3883644 - 03/07/05 07:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I've just been feeling really empty inside, even though I realize that I came into this world complete and missing nothing. I question the honesty and intentions of people I once thought were friends, and I've been way awkward around the fairer sex for entirely too long. I can't remember the last real date I went out on, but I know I've been stood up at least a few times since then. I feel exploited pretty regularly, and it hurts, especially when the people trying to exploit you are people that are supposed to be your friends. I don't want to evoke sympathy. I want to be happy.

I'm always trying to meet new and interesting people with similar interests, but I guess I'm not real good at that. I go to all the places around here where hippies hang out, but it's a rare occasion that I meet anything but a bunch of drainbows. Hey, man lemme get a (you fill in the blank). Some of the more popular nouns include beer, bowl, and ride. Not that I'm opposed to helping people out, and I shouldn't expect anything in return, but it's frustrating to do a good deed and not get so much as a smile or a thank you. Even the rainbow focalizer out here strikes me as a manipulative mooch. I'm tired of feeling like my generous nature is being taken advantage of, but on the same tone, I don't want to be an ass hole, and be oppressing others.

There must be something wrong with my perception of reality. It seems like at least %80 percent of the people I meet on a daily basis are jaded, judgmental, and largely uninformed. It seems like a huge percentage of the population has an undying love for themselves that blinds them to anyone else's predicaments or desires.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: More lonely than ever? [Re: Tomatadunothing]
    #3883773 - 03/07/05 07:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Oftentimes in life we think of ourselves as receptor sites . When we do this we really can end up attracting negative things.
Basically what I'm trying to say is:
Don't look at yourself like a receptor for people. Go out and intentionally make friends and/or (if you're prepared for a relationship with a woman) go out and ask a girl on a date after complimenting her a few times sincerely and talking with her.
You will certainly find people that are dis-similar to you, and hopefully you will find people that are compatable for friendship with you. Likewise, hopefully you will at some point find the girl whom you'll end up taking as your bride.

P a t i e n c e l e a d s t o w i s d o m .

Fight jealousy & envy.
Embrace patience and good timing.

If you are lonely, know that there are millions of others out there who share your same feeling. Relax, be patient, and work into things slowly.

Let us know how things go over the next few months.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #3883957 - 03/07/05 08:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hang in there

stay true to yourself

develop a taste for taking bullets

and soon you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: More lonely than ever? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3886065 - 03/08/05 06:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
and soon you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams.

That's true ...

I had a similar experience like you have now ... You can see how my problem ended up in the end here - http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3831720

I wish you luck my friend !

Edited by baltazar (03/08/05 06:02 AM)

OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

Re: More lonely than ever? [Re: baltazar]
    #3886977 - 03/08/05 01:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Enter- I've been thinking about what you said about receptor sights, and it makes perfect sense to me. Same thing as realizing that you are the captain of your own ship. I talked to a girl that I would have never normally talked to. I talked to her for like 5 minutes, and she got up and made a graceful exit without giving me her number, but I don't really give a crap. I doubt she's ever had anyone tell her what I told her last night. In short, I told her that I sit around my college looking at good looking girls all day, and that she was the most beautiful girl I have seen all month.

I had someone try and do me dirty yesterday to the tune of about $700, but I can assure you that they are going to get theirs, even if I have to break into their house to give it to them.

Another person that owes me money had someone tell them that they'll buy their car that they are selling to pay me off.

All things considered, I feel pretty relieved. I know that I'll get my pound of flesh from the asshole that tryed to screw me out of about 7 bills yesterday, and that they'll like my resolution alot less than the one I proposed yesterday where they would actually get something out of the deal, and, unfortunately, I think I'll get alot of pleasure from getting my retribution. Not my fault they declined the better of the two options. They should have known that I wouldn't lie down and forget a sum that large.

What does Marcelles Wallas look like?

Does he look like a bitch?

Then why you tryin' to fuck him like a bitch?

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #3887284 - 03/08/05 02:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3888345 - 03/08/05 06:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hey listen man...

You seem like a guy who's trying to improve in social status. I can hear a lot of resentment in your words, a lot of distrust, frustration, etc.

You gotta try to forgive people, brother. Llife doesn't work well unless we forgive one another. We are all brothers and sisters on the Earth, whether we admit it or not. One family. One people. One Earth. One Way.

Make peace, not war.

OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

Re: More lonely than ever? [Re: World Spirit]
    #3892332 - 03/09/05 12:55 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It all worked out to a peacefull resolution with the dude that owed me, but didn't want to pay me. It all worked out OK after a few hours of heated debate.

Enter- I really wouldn't say that I'm concerned with my social status. It doesn't matter much to me how I am viewed by society.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_status

And yes, I do have alot of resentment, distrust, and frustration in me. I've been dissapointed by the absolute last people that I should have to have trust issues with.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being