Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . .
    #3883395 - 03/07/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness....  Sleep Deprivation.... .  .  .

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Herro~....!  Welcome to YOUR  thread....  :smile:

Let us assume for the sake of this discussion that there are NO SUBSTANCES being used to aid in this, and UN-normal sleep conditions are not withstanding....  But, if you have a condition that DOES allow you to not *ever* sleep, PLEASE DO POST....!  So, lets get on with it...!  :smile:

What is this "force" that makes one so sleepy to the point of actually having NO CONTROL over it whatsoever....?  I mean, your mind actually looses it's normal capacity to function in a waken state of consciousness....    Why is this such a seemingly *hardwired* part of our beings...?  Is it an internal instinct that we cannot overcome no matter what....? 

Is sleeping indeed an "INSTINCT"....?  Just to make sure we all rest our bodies...?  Because we certainly are NOT resting our minds in sleep, that is proven as a fact -(I believe?)....

Some people (like me :smile: ) seemingly push the limits....  And I am starting to see a connection in VALUE within myself, and the ways to which **creativity** seem to develop when one goes WITHOUT that much "needed" sleep....    I have ALSO noticed that (as in last night) too much of this deprivation can turn into a very uncomfortable and uncontrollable force of much struggle within one's own waken and sleeping consciousness....  At least for me (so far), it is a battle that one will most definitely loose, eventually....

Would this be considered an ABSOLUTE...?  Is it possible for one to reach a level/state of consciousness to be able to stay conscious or a waken state forever....?  Can this *seeming* instinct be overridden....? 

How can one truly say that they have "mastered" themselves when they cannot override a little instinct such as sleep....?  Is it not very much part of the very consciousness that they are "controlling"...?    How can one be IN control, when one is not in control of such a basic fundemental part of life itself....?    Perhaps having mastered one's own mind strictly has to do with how they react to something in life....?  So, how is it we react in our dreams....?  Is it an extention of how we act in real life, or is it an "anything goes" playingfield because, afterall, it is our own minds....    Right....?  :what:

Dreaming in sleep is VERY cool, but personally, it doesn't happen very often, or if it does, I *usually* do not remember it :frown: .... 

But, PERHAPS there is some sort of connection between NOT dreaming, and using that "resource" for creativity in a waken state of consciousness....?

HHhhhmmmm.....    :oogle: :yawn: :sleep:

ME....

:heartpump::heartpump:

:sleep: :sleeping: :sleep: :sleeping: :sleep: :sleeping: :sleep: :sleeping: :sleep: :sleeping: :sleep: :sleeping: :sleep: :sleeping: :sleep: :sleeping: :sleep: :sleeping: :sleep: :sleeping:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3883532 - 03/07/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

ask a dolphin :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . *DELETED* [Re: Gomp]
    #3883554 - 03/07/05 04:46 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Post deleted by roby000

Reason for deletion: d

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: Gomp]
    #3883559 - 03/07/05 04:48 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I can stay up several days with crystal clarity, and a lucidity of mind normal as when I wake from being asleep. The only thing is... the body doesn't work so well with the mind, by way of reactions, and especially with speech. (Just leave it to the fingers)

Yeah, if you stay up several days, or have used substances which help... you definetly begin to get a hell of a lot more spontaneous. (Don't know if it is creativity, I've seen people act outright insane)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: roby000]
    #3883564 - 03/07/05 04:51 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

roby000 said:
dolphins dont sleep?

you know there was an artist (one of the ones the ninja turtles were named after) who changed his sleep pattern to sleep once every 2 hours for 20 minutes. i dont know how it worked out but im sure he had some discoveries in it. also i do believe you will trip out if you dont sleep because i was put into a sleep deprived and sensory deprived enviroment and started hallucinating. (it was a dark room about the size of a water heater closet and i had to stand in it for about 17 hours ... long story) i had a few dream like hallucinations that i was in the woods ... very awsome. if i didnt have to play the american game every other day i would try this experiment with you. goodluck

The Blue one: Leonardo "DaVinci", it also allows you to think more focused (provided you are used to it). 4 30 minute cat naps per day, help achieve the same function. Small naps (from my experiences) recharge you better then one long sleep session.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3884492 - 03/07/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

thanks for backing up my fact

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: roby000]
    #3885018 - 03/07/05 10:00 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

i dunno about you, but when i havent had enough sleep my (musical) creativity level goes way down. maybe thats just from physical tiredness though.. oh, and about that pungent green "resource" that makes my musical creativity skyrocket.. i remember no dreams per night with daily/semi daily use...but i find that if i dont have any for a day or two, i start to remember up to 5 dreams per night, many of which are lucid. lucid dreams are the one upside to being too broke to afford pot.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: BoneMan]
    #3885075 - 03/07/05 10:12 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I can stay up several days with crystal clarity, and a lucidity of mind
i can stay up for days with "crystal" :thumbup:

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: uriahchase]
    #3885123 - 03/07/05 10:26 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

uriahchase said:
I can stay up several days with crystal clarity, and a lucidity of mind
i can stay up for days with "crystal" :thumbup:

:lol: nice play on words  :tongue: I can do better without, that way if I were in fact to have used said substance... I wouldn't get caught for my lack of coordination.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3885419 - 03/08/05 12:00 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

chemicals in the brain make you tired,
melatonin?

sleep deprivation also increases dopamine levels

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: fresh313]
    #3885573 - 03/08/05 12:40 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Yeah Leonardo Da Vinci would take small catnaps throughout the day and claimed that was all the sleep anyone should ever need. I read once that his method was to sit in a chair holding a spoon downward in his fingers, and when he nodded off and the spoon hit the floor, he determined that was enough sleep.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: Crestfallen]
    #3885626 - 03/08/05 12:56 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Sleep depravation has always been an optional part of fasting for me. One time I spent 12 days with a two or three hour long bouts of sleep toward the end of it. I can honestly say that it was a visionary type of experiance and helped me along quite a bit.

I would not reccomend doing this for everyone because it can cause alot of problems.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: Crestfallen]
    #3885719 - 03/08/05 01:27 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Gomp, Dolphins huh.....  HHhhmmmm....  Gonna~ have to learn how to speak dolphin soon to understand how they do get to the point of mastering their wakeful consciousness....  :grin:    I am sure there language would be much more efficient than ours....  :wink:
Roby, The sleep deprivation sounds all right, but the sensory thing might be a little tuff to handle....  Hhhhhmmmm....    I dunno~....
1984, I hear ya~ on the lessened reaction time and coordination....  It is that conscious mind slipping and fading out of one's own conscious control....  And, now that you say something about short naps like that, it sounds very familiar as something I may of heard, I seem to be noticing it more lately.... 
Boneman, I know exactly what you are talking about with musical creativity, and I figured out why it works as a "tool"....  When one gets THC-ism'd, it kinda~ makes all your thoughts clear out of your consciousness in a way....  It has seemingly helped a lot in the past....  Not sure why people call it a "drug" that "makes your mind foggy", as it *seems* bring focus on creative expression....    :thumbup:
Fresh313, Melatonin, which I *think* is a step within the Serotonin realm of complexity (which also is supposed to be on the "sleep side" of biochemical make-up during the sleeping part of the cycle ***I think***)....    I had never heard about the Dopamine level thing....  Is this right....?    Interesting...  :thumbup:
Crestfallen, I wonder if Leonardo "became" the spoon so that the shock of hitting the floor is what woke him up....  :smile:  :lol:
MAGnum,  12 days....?    :eek:  I was up for 30 hours at one point over the weekend - and that was without any substance - well, besides coffee, vitamins, and "noopotril" at the beginning of my woken day....  There was no way I could stay up for 12 days without some sort of assistance, at least not now....  You musta~ been tripping yer~ ass of in a "woken-drunken kinda~ state" of consciousness....  I couldn't even imagine....  :crazy2:
Thank you all for answering/replying to your thread....    :smile:  Quite a few things learned....   

ME....

:heart::heart:

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3885950 - 03/08/05 02:48 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

So here's my, belated, 2 cents.

Basically if you view the brain as a computer of nearing infinite complexity (which science does at the moment) then you can think of memory as the hard drive (long term anyway).

So here's the bit about sleep. In a sleeping state your mind is active "defragmenting" your memory. That is acting to store it in a more efficient and accessible way. If you look at your computer when you "defrag" it's hard drive it works faster and processes better. Well currently (I haven't read on theories in a while) this is the theory of the need for sleep.

So without sleep your brain begins to have trouble storing memories in the proper order/sequence. Hence the need to sleep daily.

Imagine how much data you take in through one sense everyday that needs to be filed away and referenced! Your eyes and ears must store huge volumes of information!!! Somethings gotta sort it all out, and get rid of the useless stuff, so when we sleep our brains do just that.

After all who needs to know what they had for lunch last Thursday as long as it wasn't poisonous, right? :stoned:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: A Struggle with One's Own Consciousness.... Sleep Deprivation.... . . . [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3886026 - 03/08/05 03:27 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

OK, I can find understanding in that, it makes sense, but only as a partial answer for me....  It makes sense until the point of having dreams, when the mind is pretty damn active constructing a reality to the deepest depth of a full experiencial emersion into one's subconscious "fantasy land"....  Almost like an internal "holo-deck" from Star Trek....  :lol:

It *seems* also like a way to make sure as a "safety feature" to go on "shutdown mode" so that the body has a chance to relax, repair, and refresh....  If one was allowed to physically work 24/7 without sleep, this would definately pose a very serious problem in a somewhat work driven world - as today....  I can say that perhaps it is by design, but, I might get attacked for speaking spiritually on this topic, as THAT is all a matter of one's perception of Faith....  :wink:

Thank you for posting what you understand, it does make full sense as to what very well could be happening while one is not sleeping....  The power of the brain is pretty much a miracle if you think about it....  A complete self evolving and learning lump of cells that serve as a control station for thought and body control - the intelligence behind the life support systems, with a little internal "fantasy land" for an added bonus....  :smile:

ME....

:heartpump:

--------------------

>^;;^<

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #3886236 - 03/08/05 06:11 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

yep....after many hours of lost sleep.......over along period of time,.my short-term memory sucks ass....

sleep dep makes one prone to auditory and visual hallucinations... in a state of mind where perception is distorted.. one tends to think in a different irrrational way... which brings out "the creative" side in some people.

sleep dep is just a fun side affect of a meth bindge....

but yah.....memerory, deffinately sucks.

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale