Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: Deviate]
    #4918862 - 11/10/05 04:58 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i guess i just have a low sex drive then......

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: leery11]
    #4919161 - 11/10/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I can understand wher you people are coming from, but you can't blame the weed.
Bad people are attracted to the drug scene. The rebelious nature. It allows some to be "rebels" while running away from there own problems through drugs.

Weed is on the low end of the spectrum. It is a fairly harmless vice to most. When i was young i hung out with the idiots. There whole pourpose in life was to get fucked up. Than i realized who my friends were, and got knew ones.
All my friends still smoke weed, umongst other things, but they don't let it control they'r life.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: Locus]
    #5418477 - 03/19/06 11:20 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

sounds like weed is all they say it is in those commercials!

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

OfflineDfekt
Your mother wouldn't approve...
Male

Loc: UK
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: daytripper23]
    #5421522 - 03/20/06 08:16 AM (18 years, 13 days ago)

In the past, i've been one of the stupid friends who thinks that the wonderful weed is the answer to their problems, thinks that life is shit without it, thinks they need to get high before doing the simplest of things, and isnt interested in doing anything outside of the stoner circle or anything that doesnt involve burning herb.

I've been the friend who got sick of that shit, sick of insincere friendships, sick of being paranoid, unmotivated, unable to interact with normal people and sick of having a social life dominated by... a fucking PLANT!!

I've seen friends get sick of it too, all jumping off the band wagon at some point or another for various reasons. And i've seen the ones who never change, and spend the rest of their lives doped up in their own little world.

From what i've seen over the years, chances are, out of a group of say 5 stoner friends, two will get sick of it altogether and quit, get jobs, get uptight girlfriends and go their seperate ways... you'll not hear much from them in the future. Another two will straighten their heads out and only smoke now and then when the time's right, in moderation, and will refuse to let their lives be run by mary jane any longer. These are the guys who will probably be best friends for life no matter what happens, and more than likely the most fun people to be around. And one of them will spend the rest of their lives like a crack addict with no job and no girlfriend hitting the bong at every available opportunity.

Im guessing you're gonna be one of the middle two!

Give it time, your friends will come around or drop off into the abyss. Either way, you should try and make new friends and take part in new activities, and encourage your friends to do the same, as one thing i can say without a doubt is that boredom is the biggest catalyst for this type of dependent behaviour.

--------------------
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~Oscar Wilde

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: Im losin friends to weed. [Re: Dfekt]
    #5426784 - 03/21/06 06:44 PM (18 years, 12 days ago)

^^Agreed.

I'm also surprised at all the bashing here, but its all exactly what has happened to a lot of my friends as well. I go back to my small home town and there are all my old friends - high as fuck sitting on the couch playing xbox or watching movies, eating shitty food. Maybe they get some motivation to head to the bar every few days. Some continually bitching about how broke they are. Its no good. Pot may be negliable in terms of health effects but it definatly keeps a lot of people from reaching any potential. Maybe if it wasn't weed it'd be something worse, but thats not a very good arguement IMO. It's sapping life out of a lot of people I used to be friends with. I don't blame the plant though.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds