Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFearthegecko
Stranger
Quick PMP post..........
    #3883156 - 03/07/05 05:12 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

okay, i'm running a 50 Qt/47.5L PMP with plenty (4+ inches) of perlite and two bubble wands with an air punp. I'm keeping tabs on the temp/humidity by using a digital combination hygrometer/thermometer. There are six cakes of GT in the pod, 5 of which are fruiting. The sixth, i fear is dead, but that's not the problem now.

The shrooms that have been harvested are not nearly as big as i've seen for people in my exact situation, and one of the reasons why i believe that is is because the humidity has dropped like crazy ever since the cakes started fruiting.

During setup and up to fruiting, the humidity would be at 99%. Now, with the fruiting, i'm down to about 84%, and dropping. I haven't changed anything. The only thing that's different is that the cakes are fruiting.

I read in one response to someone asking about using perlite over geolite/hydroton, that someone said by using "a poorer product (perlite) you would get poorer results".

Well, when i made the PMP, i was unable to get hydroton. Now i am, and although i'm not really happy about switching from perlite to hydroton in the middle of fruiting, I will if that will bring my RH up. I plan on re-dunking after this flush and switching over to hydroton anyway, if for no other reason than how much cleaner it is.

My question is: How much Hydroton would be needed to properly make a PMP with a chamber like the size i have? (50 quart/47.5 liters) I've seen the hydroton in 10 liter bags, i figure 2 bags at 10 liters a piece should be enough, right? That's almost half the capacity of the chamber devoted to hydroton. Any help is appeciated. Thank You.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFearthegecko
Stranger
Re: Quick PMP post.......... [Re: Fearthegecko]
    #3883311 - 03/07/05 05:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

bump

Offlinedmc_
 Arcade Champion: Madness

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Quick PMP post.......... [Re: Fearthegecko]
    #3883345 - 03/07/05 05:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

what are the dimensions of your pmp, I could give you a more accurate figure of how much hydroton you would need.

I havent read anywhere that geolite, perlite or hydroton is anymore effective than the other. Doesnt mean they are equal in effectiveness though.

Your humidity is going down for a couple of reasons. All the fresh air exchange is probably one of the causes.

OfflineSko
Democrat

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Quick PMP post.......... [Re: dmc_]
    #3883692 - 03/07/05 07:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well... I doubt u will use even a 10 liter bag, considering that would be 1/5th of your terrarium...

You can also use lava rock you know. Much cheaper and local. Downside is the weight and un-evenness, but you can set your cakes on the lids from your jars.

--------------------
Sko

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation