Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineagse
Stranger
First time - some questions, please help
    #3883059 - 03/07/05 04:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by agse (03/13/05 01:18 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: First time - some questions, please help [Re: agse]
    #3884164 - 03/07/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

All those shrooms you listed are good.  Its debateable wether or not there is a difference.

I suggest you take 10 grams fresh for a mild experience.  I have found that 10-20 grams is a nice trip but shrooms are very powerful, so I talk relative to thier power.  Once you get 30g+ then its going to be one big experience!

Your bags come as 25g.  As you cannot weigh it, I think you should just eat half the bag. :mushroom2:

IMO shrooms are best taken in the woods on a nice day or night with LIKEMINDED friends.  Its not good talking to people who are not also high on shrooms.  Good luck!

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: First time - some questions, please help [Re: agse]
    #3884167 - 03/07/05 09:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

agse said:
...what do you recommend for a first time user,

Any of the cubensis should be good. I cant comment on the truffles. (never tried them)

Quote:

Are they all roughly the same or is this indeed a good mushrooms to try for the first time?

This has been discussed a lot here(about cubes).....the best advice anyone can give you is to try one and then try another and see which one you like the best.

Quote:

Secondly, what is a good dosage for a first time user, and how am i meant to work this out? On the online store, it mentions that <10g is good for a first time user, would 5 be enough? Please bear in mind that i am new to these and have no other experience with psychedelic drugs. The fresh mexican come in 25gram amounts, however, how am i meant to tell how much 2, 5 or 10 grams is? I don't want to be over doing it, and at the same time, i don't have scales to measure them.

You said they were fresh!!!

Wow arent you the lucky guy. They are normaly sold dried.

A good fresh dose of cubes would be 20-30 grams (1-3 medium sized mush). I would not do much more than that.

Quote:

Lastly, what is the best way to go about using the mushrooms? My plan is to buy them from the online store so that they arrive shortly before i leave, maybe 1-2 days, i will be keeping them in my bedroom is this ok or must i do something to keep them from going bad?

Hmmmm.....If your ordering them online. I would BET they are not fresh but are dry.

If they are dry you can just keep them in a ziplock baggie untill your ready.

If they are fresh...keep them in the 'fridge.

Quote:

What is the best way to go about using them, i read that you can heat them up in water and then sive the shrooms and drink the water, is this ok or would i be just aswell eating the mushrooms and drinking something at the same time to take the taste away?

Just eat them and chase with your favorite juice.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: First time - some questions, please help [Re: niteowl]
    #3884200 - 03/07/05 09:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I bet he lives in some place where mushrooms are legal.

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: First time - some questions, please help [Re: niteowl]
    #3884209 - 03/07/05 09:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

They are sold fresh because in some countries fresh shrooms are legal, and dried are not.

When you buy them fresh, you should eat them as soon as possible.  If you want to preserve them, you should dry them out.  To dry, place on a paper towel in front of a fan for about a day or 2.  Once they are as dry as they are going to get, place them into a dish with some desiccant in it.  Make sure the shrooms are elevated off the desiccant and are not touching it.  Also make sure there is good airflow in the chamber.  The chamber should be sealed from the outside air, as any air leaks will introduce unwanted moisture into the environment.  Your shrooms are done drying once they are  "cracker dry".  When pressing between your fingers, there should be no "give".  They should just crumble.  Store in a dry, cool/cold dark place.  The freezer or fridge is good for dry.  Don't store fresh in the freezer.  The fridge is good for fresh.  As I noted above, once you dry them, you are now in possession of an illegal substance, so take action accordingly.

Regarding dosage, 10g fresh shroom = 1g dried shroom.  1.5g dried/15g fresh is a good first time dose

Have a nice trip :wink:

Offlineagse
Stranger
Re: First time - some questions, please help [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #3885953 - 03/08/05 04:50 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by agse (03/13/05 01:18 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience