Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetechman
Stranger
Loc: Eastern USA
small specimens
    #3881756 - 03/07/05 07:11 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

I've got a couple of PF tek cakes that are starting to fruit, I used Ban Lipa Yai spores,and the first dozen or so are starting to drop spores. These were about 3 to 4 inches tall with a cap less than 3/4 of an inch in diameter, stems half the size of a pencil. I used Half verm and half BRF, so I don't think they are lacking in nutrients. Is this the normal first flush? Should I have used a different tek with this strain?

--------------------
As always, the above post is strictly fictional-- just like my love life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: small specimens [Re: techman]
    #3881770 - 03/07/05 07:26 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Sometimes the mushrooms are big, sometimes small. When they drop spores (and the caps become flat) then it's time to pick because the mushroom has finished it's purpose. But I have no experience with that strain so I can't say if 3 to 4 inches is normal.

In afoafs experience mushies are bigger when more nutrients/water are available and less light. What is more important though is yeild, lots of little shrooms are just as good as a few big ones.

Edited by lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl (03/07/05 07:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains