Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJunkaboy
Psychonaut FTW
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep within
How can I use mycelium from the poo??? (pics)
    #3881737 - 03/07/05 06:53 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Here is the deal, I brought home some cow poo in which I foud 2 little cubbies growing, I kept it well moist at 28 Celcius. Now it's showing some nice mycelium growth.

My question is, how can I best use this? This poo is just as it came, no pasteurizing, no mixing, no nothing...

I thought about taking a tiny piece of mycelium that was not touching the poo and putting it on agar, how does that sound? Or should I try to fully colonize this an fruit?

Any input is well appreciated.

Thanks

Junka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

x [Re: Junkaboy]
    #3881771 - 03/07/05 07:27 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

though i will boast no experience on the matter,
i would say that if you would like to reproduce those caps, then your best bet would be to get that thing to fruit, and get a print and clean it.
the reason i think this is:
cubes have went through years of evolution's trial and error process in order to be able to thrive in a natural environment.
there are all different types of contaminants in that hunkadung that would love nothing more than to take that over.
if it were sterilized grain, the mycelia would lose the battle.
in it's natural environment, however, this is not the case.

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: x [Re: psilocyben]
    #3881775 - 03/07/05 07:33 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

As above poster stated, that bucket is loaded with contams. In theory you could xfer pieces of mycelium to agar but it would involve isolating it over and over again from contams. Not worth the trouble in my opinion.

Also, you won't be able to fully colonize that and fruit off that. I thought we told you this in the identical thread you made yesterday?

To increase your chances of fruiting off poo you need to 1) get the right texture + moisture 2) pasteurize it.

Should look like this: (Horse poo + Coir batch I just threw together)

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineJunkaboy
Psychonaut FTW
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep within
Re: x [Re: Holydiver]
    #3881791 - 03/07/05 07:43 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Ok Diver, thanks for the info. Now, how can I proceed to get the right texture for this?
Should I pasteurize it now with the mycelium growing? Won't that harm the mycelium?

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: x [Re: Junkaboy]
    #3881808 - 03/07/05 07:54 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

I'd get more of that poo from wherever you go it, and prepare it according to this:

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/24375

Yeah it will harm the mycelium, you'll need to start a new culture. Syringe>>WBS/or/RYE>>spawned to your new poo.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order