Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Astral projection ?
    #3881510 - 03/07/05 05:59 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I had a preety shocking experience yesterday, i went to sleep, as i allways do .. I didnt do anything unussual.

As allways, i was laying on my bed, thinking about what i did today and stupid things like that, and then i suddendly woke up later with an incredible feeling ...

Something was pulling me out of my body, i was looking arround my room, everything was different ... It looked like nobody lived here for a few years, wierd thing is also that i heard realy wierd music and voices that i didn't understand ...

Moments later, i got scared and in less than a second everything that i saw, dissapeared and i woke up in the real world. My body felt like it was vibrating all the time ...

Interesting thing is that before i went to sleep and had this experience, i had a long talk with my friend about astral projection, trance and stuff like that. I wanted to achieve astral projection for a really long time, and i know much about it, but this is the first time i felt something that powerfull and wierd ...

What do you think about this ?

Edited by baltazar (03/07/05 06:01 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Astral projection ? [Re: baltazar]
    #3881596 - 03/07/05 07:02 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well it definitely sounds like an obe thats for sure. you sure it wasnt just yourself making more out of something because you've been talking about it and thinking about it though? but yeah if thats all true though, it deff sounds like one and thats damn cool. yeah and you cant be scared if you want to keep going, gotta be ready and all. i dunno what else you want though... what do i think? i think it's awesome. i've wanted to do the same for a while, but at the same time i know i can't because i am afraid of doing so and i know im not ready yet.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: Astral projection ? [Re: Locus]
    #3883388 - 03/07/05 06:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I thought that i was ready for it, but it was just so incredible and unexpected that i got really scared ...

I actually didnt even think at that moment that this could be an OOBE, i was just really amazed how my body felt ...

I would like this to happen again, when i will be ready for it ...

Anyone else haves similar experiences ?

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3883449 - 03/07/05 06:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yep. I haven't had one in a long time but it used to happen during naps or just before waking up after sleeping for several hours.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Astral projection ? [Re: World Spirit]
    #3890791 - 03/09/05 03:02 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thats how it first happned with me...i had spine vibration to go with it. i thought i was dying. this was before i ever smoked pot or tripped.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: Astral projection ? [Re: Vulture]
    #3891284 - 03/09/05 05:07 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I had another experience today...

As someone mentioned, the reason was one of the most common ones, i was taking a nap, actually i feel asleep when i was reading something ( gotta spend less time on my comp LOL ), and when i was weaking up, i got control while my body was still sleeping ... I could cotrol the strong vibrations, and as i was concentrating the vibrations, the more my body was pulled out ...

At one moment, i saw myself sitting infront of my comp, a little later, my screen started to form really wierd shapes, it was looking like it started to melt ... I had the control all the time and i could do anything i wanted to, but it just happened so fast that i didnt have an idea what to do, it was really fascinating ...

Next thing i know i woke up with a opened book on my face, while my whole body had an weak vibrating feel :-D

Edited by baltazar (03/09/05 05:09 AM)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3891501 - 03/09/05 07:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Are you sure that you were astral projecting as opposed to lucid dreaming there?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: Astral projection ? [Re: dblaney]
    #3892367 - 03/09/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Good point ...

I thought it could be astral projection, because of the vibrations, and "pulling out of body" effect that i felt ...

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3893041 - 03/09/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, the melting part seems weird, i haven't heard of that before in astral projection.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineNuperSova
Stranger
    #3893104 - 03/09/05 04:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I experienced something like that before, and it scared the fuck out of me. I hear panic attacks can feel like this as well, and I think that runs in my family...unless all panic attacks are just obe's...If I ever experienced something like that again, I would hope that it would be more pleasant, or me more calm or something.

--------------------
I Refuse To Say I'm Lost Just Because I Don't Know Where I Am

Edited by NuperSova (03/09/05 04:47 PM)

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #3893118 - 03/09/05 04:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Astral projection is low level exploration and shouldn't be undertaken without spiritual weapons of wand and dagger. Do not take cup or pentacle. If you know anything about this shit you'll understand what I'm saying.

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3896250 - 03/10/05 02:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.astralsociety.com/

I used to be an admin there. Check it out.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineEvent_Horizon
the ganja man

Re: Astral projection ? [Re: Jim]
    #3896772 - 03/10/05 10:06 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i get a similar feeling sometimes, im asleep, thinking that i am completely awake though. I can hear very loud, muffled voices, and i can walk around in another place. Its not until i realise that the place is unfamiliar, that i panic and get up eventually.

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Re: Astral projection ? [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #3898617 - 03/10/05 06:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for sharing. :sun:

The best info I've come across is to write down all your fears, feelings, doubts, etc.  then change them into new beliefs where it is possible and commonplace, I even made up flashcards with stick people on one side and beliefs on the other.

The closest I get is sleep paralysis, where my shadow people taunt me :frown: gotta do something about that.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Astral projection ? [Re: namaste]
    #3898722 - 03/10/05 06:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

explain shadow people. why would that upset you? your brain can easily create a believeable facsimile of a person; otherwise you wouldn't be able to dream of people. Explain why you're concerned about this. I don't think you need to be fearful

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Re: Astral projection ? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3901442 - 03/11/05 09:47 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Rednukleus :thumbup:

I've met my shadow people on three separtate occaisions, the first was in '99.  I woke after a series of nightmares, unable to move but still able to look around the room.  I felt a presence of someone behind me, then I'm hovering over my desk, looking at my sleeping body while a man in a black cloak stands just over my sleeping body's shoulder, I return to my body and he's gone.

03--I lay down to go to sleep and hear someone coming down the stairs, my wife is out of town and I know this.  I can see around the room again, and she comes over to the bed to kiss me, when the shadow person realizes it didn't fool me, it dissapears.

04--While napping on the couch I wake up to something sitting on my back holding me down, I know it's a shadow person so I try to quickly roll over, it doesn't work.  The guy climbs off and I manage to rip his cloak off and I see that he where his face is supposed to be is just skin.  He then dissapates into shadow and swims around the corner.  Once again I was fully awake when this happened.

I get a sinister vibration from these people, I think they are sneaky tricksters.

Now I will try to change my limiting factors to recolor the entire experience, if it doesn't work I can always change them back.

Old folklore says that sleep paralysis is when "the witches are riding you" and that one can easily enter the Astral Plane at this time.

The next time I encounter one of these people I treat them with respect, as he/she may be guide or teacher.  I will offer tobacco and try to embrace him/her.

The shadow people visit to help and teach.  They are friendly, and it was my negative attitude that caused them to respond in that manner.

The shadow people are here to help me grow and enhace my life and the lives of those around me.

The shadow people will bring goodness.  :tongue2:

--------------------

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3901818 - 03/11/05 11:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

have any of you read any books by dr. monroe?

--------------------

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

#3902192 - 03/11/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

the Seth books? No, but i have some tapes that reference them. I assume you're talking about the gooblins he/she encountered on the AP?

--------------------

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3902220 - 03/11/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Seth???? Yeah, I was thinking about the "people" he encountered. But i don't know what you mean by Seth.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3904291 - 03/11/05 07:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

baltazar said:
I had a preety shocking experience yesterday, i went to sleep, as i allways do .. I didnt do anything unussual.

As allways, i was laying on my bed, thinking about what i did today and stupid things like that, and then i suddendly woke up later with an incredible feeling ...

Something was pulling me out of my body, i was looking arround my room, everything was different ... It looked like nobody lived here for a few years, wierd thing is also that i heard realy wierd music and voices that i didn't understand ...

Moments later, i got scared and in less than a second everything that i saw, dissapeared and i woke up in the real world. My body felt like it was vibrating all the time ...

Interesting thing is that before i went to sleep and had this experience, i had a long talk with my friend about astral projection, trance and stuff like that. I wanted to achieve astral projection for a really long time, and i know much about it, but this is the first time i felt something that powerfull and wierd ...

What do you think about this ?

wow! cool!

and fear not, nothing can hurt you, you must get hurt.. :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being