Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Syria Invasion Pool.
    #3880200 - 03/06/05 09:42 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

As darkstar pointed out, this is perhaps more likely than an invasion of Iran.

So, It seems obvious that the U.S.A. will Invade Syria sometime in the reign of George W. Bush. So I figure somebody may as well make some $$$ off this, other than haliburton.

So It's $10 to enter, guess the date of the invasion, closest person wins it all. I'll add this to my favorite threads and bump it when the invasion occurs. Money is to be collected by the winner through PM's, so it's basically the honor system.

Invasion must occur during the bush/Cheney administration. Invasion will be considered to be the beginning of major hostile action. So If we start covert operations in coordination with bombings, that will be considered an invasion. Otherwise, It'll be the day when all the newspapers carry the headline of "war" or invasion". Should it be a slowly escalating military action with no clear "invasion date" the winner will be the closest date of the 50th American combat casualty(hopefully this won't occur).

If you enter and don't pay up, expect bad trade ratings from everyone that entered, that should keep it honest.

My date will be January 18th 2006.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Syria Invasion Pool. [Re: shroommachine]
    #3880229 - 03/06/05 09:45 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

:lol: 5 stars for you (Don't forget Saudi Arabia... they'll piss Bush off soon enough, It'll be the only thing left to attack)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Syria Invasion Pool. [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3880243 - 03/06/05 09:47 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Nah, Saudia Arabia still sells us oil and dosen't piss off to much. Plus, I think they got to much Info to invade, they could reveal some dirty secrets.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3881104 - 03/07/05 01:24 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

The Al-Saud royals are in bed with the United States. They are not enemies of the U.S. The Bush Administration could care less that the Saudis govern by a puritan religious rule that is pretty much identical to that of the Taliban.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Syria Invasion Pool. [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3881114 - 03/07/05 01:29 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

bah, think outside the box, todays friend is tomorrows enemy :lol: ... Like all things, time is of the essence. Including shroommachine's payday.

Interesting to note the fact of their rule not being dissimilar from a similar countries rule.  :shrug: Maybe more will wake up to that fact.... chances are  :whatever:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3881125 - 03/07/05 01:31 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Why would the Al-Sauds turn on the United States?

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3881135 - 03/07/05 01:35 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

It'd be us on them if anything... as few countries have the balls to turn on "US".

Hrmmmm, terrorism being funded and/or links for it. Training and "manfacture" (in terms of those produced by Saudi Arabia) of terrorists. Humanitarian aspects. Them implementing trade restrictions on us. They piss us off. Anything can be made up and sold story wise provided a "national security" reason for attacking a country is provided. War has occured, and still has its roots in economic reasons, not suggesting that it'll ever happen, but it certainly is a plausability provided we don't get what we want (everythings peachy for the time being, merely a possibility presented).

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3881191 - 03/07/05 01:50 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

If someone utters anything about religious struggle, oil, or the U.S./Al Saud friendship, chances are the religious police will throw you into prison. The Al-Sauds do not fund terrorism. Terrorists are trying to overthrow the royals for crying out loud. The U.S. has absolutely nothing to gain by invading Saudi Arabia because Saudi Arabia is already openly submissive to the United States. You simply need to get a more educated scope of the situation.

--------------------

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3882560 - 03/07/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

so enter the pool already.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3882568 - 03/07/05 01:00 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Errrm, realize i said possibility, and I understand more of the dynamics of the current international relations between both the US and Saudi Arabia... realize I wasn't suggesting It was going to happen, anymore then I believe in shroommachine's prediction date. You simply need to be more open minded... our current war policy is like the California lottery slogan.. "who's next?" :lol:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3882759 - 03/07/05 01:49 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

The US currently has a thing called the Bush doctrine, and Saudi Arabia will never fall under it. Yes, Syria could be next. Iran could be next. Even North Korea might be around there, but it's doubtful. But the keepers of the Peninsula? The United States is already in Saudi Arabia. They have troops there. There's no need to invade Saudi Arabia because the Saudis had already let them walk right in. Most of you should know that the Saudi government is despised by Muslim conservatives as much as the United States and Israel is. What does that say?

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3882830 - 03/07/05 02:09 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

That they just need to piss us off enough, then we can evidence that they have WMD's under a "Circle K"?. I certainly agree with you that it is highly doubtful that anything will occur under this administration... but I'm not exactly sure that they'll retain their "friend" status indefinetly.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3883084 - 03/07/05 02:56 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

1) How would the Al-Saud's piss off the United States? 2) Saudi Arabia doesn't need WMD's, they have U.S. troops there to ensure security. As long as the Al-Saud Royal Family is in power, Saudi Arabia will be considered a friend of the United States. You see, there is just absolutely no reason for the U.S. to invade Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia does not finance or harbor terrorists. It does not work against U.S. interests. It does not have any desire to threaten its neighbors. And lastly, it's the Arabian peninsula. For the United States to start using force against the country that houses Islam's holiest sites is asking for all-out international instability. Invading an Arab country alone like Iraq has caused enough instability, let alone invading the Muslim Holy Land. Saudi Arabia is de facto benevolent to the United States economy. Government is a business, and regardless what you're lead to believe, the White House is not going to invade a country because "it pissed them off".

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3883102 - 03/07/05 03:00 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

:thumbup: I'm aware of that... just presenting a possiblity (said that on several occasions didn't I?). Just making sure that everyone realizes to what extent our Governments actions are prompted by economic reasons, rather then the reasons suggested e.g. Humanitarian, Security, Freedom, Liberty... can tie this easily to the thread about the Congo.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3883221 - 03/07/05 03:25 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

It's not a possibility, not under the Al-Sauds.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3883528 - 03/07/05 04:37 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

In respects to them essentially catering to the US demands? Yes, but if one of the "power that be" decide anything to the effect that they aren't doing such.... nothing is an impossibility.

I thought the same thing about a certain bunk war which has several incites into the nature of our declaration.... But, ultimately, we wanted it to happen, and so it did, in which we setup a government more "favorable" to our own by virtue of us installing the leaders... and then we called it a democracy :lol:

(These bumps aren't free shroommachine... break me off  :smirk:)

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/07/05 05:10 PM)

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3925396 - 03/16/05 12:41 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

bump

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3926141 - 03/16/05 03:28 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
The United States is already in Saudi Arabia. They have troops there. There's no need to invade Saudi Arabia because the Saudis had already let them walk right in.

The United States military pulled out of Saudi Arabia in 2003.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order