Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewellsii
Stranger
theoretical phalaris tek
    #388111 - 09/07/01 06:17 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I recently aquired some phalaris and I am going to attempt increasing the alkaloid content of cubensus. Since Psilocybine is O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, I was figuring due to the fact that mushrooms are saprophytic they'd take the DMT and use it as a precursor to its secondary metabolite psilocybin. I was just hoping to get a little feedback on the validity of the science and a few pros and cons if people have tried it before. Peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan
Re: theoretical phalaris tek [Re: wellsii]
    #388301 - 09/07/01 11:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

thats assuming of course that Phallaris contained a significant quantity of DMT to begin with, which it really doesnt.
im assuming you mean to use the grass as a substrate. it might work but i see no cause for expecting a potency varient due to the application of a DMT-containing substrate.
there are other tryptamines that are easy to get that you might want to try supplementing into your substrate for a more substancial experiment. but i dont think you will come to any sort of ground breaking discovery. it would be almost alchemy to chemically guide the medicinal content of mushrooms from conception to reproduction. IF it worked and you affected the mushrooms DNA so that it grew with DMT in substantial amounts. well that would be playing god now wouldnt it? if such a haphazard attempt to fiddle with a life forms structure succeeded, you would be a god of chaos and luck. so good luck. if it works (theres no reason it should) then youve earned a place in bio-chemical history. manufacturing mushrooms that produce chemicals for you that nature never intended.

dans le silence du poisson-lune
plilosophait au fond des brumnes

--------------------

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #388371 - 09/08/01 12:49 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I while back some scientific findings were posted that showed that the mushrooms show very poor absorption of DMT. Besides that Phalaris grass is mostly 5-meo-DMT with very small amounts of DMT. So you wouldn't get that much of a noticable potency increase.Theoretically anyway.

For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinewellsii
Stranger
Re: theoretical phalaris tek [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #388580 - 09/08/01 11:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you jonny for the straight answer. I would greatly appreciate the source of the scientific literature showing the aspect of poor DMT absorption. Mitchnast thank you for your general information ( other tryptamines) and your sarcastic condescending post. You were of no help, but its nice to know there are such nice people out there who are so openminded as to answer a simple idea with a demeaning response. Thank you. Peace.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #388614 - 09/08/01 12:26 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=318393&page=&view=&sb=&o=&part=4&vc=1

Thats not the article itself but a sumation of it posted awhile back. If you do a search for DMT in this forum you will come up with many very long threads about the topic. It was discussed in length a few months back.

For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #388694 - 09/08/01 02:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i was thinking of doing something like wellsii but with a. columbrina/peregrina ground seeds... someone has said in another forum that by heating the bufotenine would turn it into dmt, increasing the dmt content... do you know its a big lore or if it's for real???

i hate witty sigs / if anything i say has something in common with reality, this is a merely a coincidence.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology