Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
The pot talk
    #3880754 - 03/07/05 01:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

OMG I am 21 and about to move out in three weeks and my dad sit me down tonight and had a talk about me "smoking dope" omg!!!!! I went to a concert last night and ow my ears are damaged so I couldnt really hear him anyways but I think he said something like all pot heads getting older and either move on the harder drugs and become junkies or pot heads just lose all motivations of working and doing stuff sooo they end up losing their jobs and become homeless...... what the fuck how stupid is that shit... I know may pot heads that are in the 50's and have a lot of shit going for them and have all kinds of money...I didnt really know what to say to him without sounding like a smart ass so I just sat there and Shook my head in agreement with him... fuck I hate it when I conceed to his beliefs... and make him think he is right because hes not....but I love my dad and dont want to disrespect him or his beliefs but I wish there was soething I could say to him to show him he is wrong without him feeling like Im trying to be a smart ass or a know it all or even being disrespectful. Anyone here thats a parent or have had this talk with a parent before and could help me out???

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: The pot talk [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3880806 - 03/07/05 01:26 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

my dad smoked (fairly certain dropped lsd and stuff) and was a big hippy.  He now has a pretty nice corporate job and turned republican heh.

He is completly cool with me and my sister puffing and im pretty sure will smoke with me one day.

Its all about keeping your priorities straight.  If you are not going to school / work because your smoking pot instead its ok.  I am doing ok with school, make enough money at work right now and smoke pot every day.  I see no problem with it.  If it begins to interfear with my daily life ill quit then :smile:

I see myself atleast being a weekend smoker for the rest my life.

Parents want to look out for the kids tho gotta respect them.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: The pot talk [Re: baraka]
    #3880925 - 03/07/05 02:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I take it you don't have the type of relationship with your parents where they see you as an adult now. I somewhat am in the same position, but i like to take the opposite approach than you. I believe that you do need to stand up for your beliefs, especially with your parents. Now I'm not saying that they need to know everything that you do, but i do think that when they bring up a subject like that when your 21 and not 16, then its time to express yourself. If you don't, they will continue to look at you like your 16. Maybe part of that is getting out of the house and making your own life decisions. Once they see that you can hold a job/go to school successfully while still enjoying your self recreationally then maybe you will be the one who can change their minds on the subject. Or at the minimum learn to respect they way you see things. I understand that you dont want to disrespect them, but it comes to a point in your life where you disengage from that line of thinking. And if they are true adults then they will also respect your opinion on the subject.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub