Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Tabloid Culture
    #3880422 - 03/06/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

The Michael Jackson Trial. Those four words should dispel the faith of any who believe that something was learned from the Scott Peterson court case - that some germ of restraint has followed from America's year-long infatuation with a man who murdered his pregnant wife.

We have only begun to measure the mass psychology of the trial. Where even to begin? With the fact that the case generated its own long list of new celebrities? With Bill O'Reilly from Fox News saying, "We do Laci Peterson every 15 minutes and see the numbers go up"?

The Peterson coverage represents a problem deeper than a dumbed-down America. A tabloid culture has been emerging for decades, with its own news agenda and priorities, its own conflicts, heroes and villains. It's too late to sort out the chicken and the egg; the plain fact is that a huge percentage of Americans is just waiting for the next morality tale. To those still outside the culture, it is impossible to understand; to those inside, it is one of the only remaining ways to make useful sense of the world.

The divide is every bit as deep as blue-states-versus-red or the urban-rural split. The parody version of tabloid culture is an army of zombie clones mesmerized by their TVs. Strangely, however, the guiding principle of this new faith is: avert your eyes. There is too much to see, too much to take in, too much that you are powerless to change. Better to look away - toward the breakup of Brad and Jennifer, the falling star of Ben Affleck, the dark heart of a pop star who lives in a place called Neverland.
James MacKinnon
Mar/Apr 2005 Adbusters

Is it really too late?

Hunter, the high-water mark is no barrier to me.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: Sclorch]
    #3880824 - 03/06/05 11:33 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

The tabloid/jerry springer/oprah/maury povich mentality is to scrape the barrel of human scum and eat it by sucking it through a humongous funnel. These filthy, shit licking, perverts rob us of our humanity as a species. Michael Jackson deserves the due process of law, but he nor the filth mongers who report on it deserve my attention. It is wise to filter one's mental input. People are much like computers...their output is totally dependent on their input. Bad data causes software errors.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #3881874 - 03/07/05 08:30 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:
Is it really too late?

Yes. We are living through the modern version of Roman 'Bread and Circuses.' You may find that you are part of the Remnant. The brakes are worn, the hill is steep and the velocity is increasing - my advice is just try to enjoy the ride. Tell your children and anyone who will listen your take on what happened.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3883389 - 03/07/05 04:02 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Now that is a bit paranoid...there has always been cultural trash, but it's nature just changes as time passes.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3883540 - 03/07/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Paranoid? Not at all, I am an observer of the human condition. I see historical examples and I recognize the trends that we are living through. I see economic and social indicators that do not bode well for the long term health of the society in which I live. If I ignore the dissolution of the family unit (the basis of any healthy society) and the profligate spending into debt which will fall on the shoulders of future generations to pay back, I'm sure that I would have a more unrealistic view.

--------------------

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3883893 - 03/07/05 06:16 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

at work they constantly have the news on, it's annoying.

there was this one day when the verdict for the scott peterson case was about to be told. Tons of people just glued at the TV. Like people came in from outside cause they saw the TV was on, just to see the verdict.

Then...."guilty" and people started crying while others were cheering.

I thought to myself, "Is this for real?" I mean, people cared THAT much?

It isn't so hard to believe though when you think about what is being shown to the American public. 4 different versions of Law and Order, CSI, and all that other court crap TV.

Here's something weird. As I walked into my friend's house I saw they were watch CSI. and here's the sentences I was hearing:

"That had nothing to do with the rapists"

"We need to notify the RAPE VICTIM"

"Let's go back to the scene of the rape"

It could have been said in totally different ways. My friend and I went outside to smoke, we came back in and "rape" was what we heard.

It fills the mind with garbage and then we spew it out. Right after the show was done, the family started talking about it, "rape rape rape"

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Edited by kaiowas (03/07/05 06:18 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: kaiowas]
    #3884277 - 03/07/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

The media uses fear to keep you watching. They throw around lots of shocking terms with threatening implications to keep you hooked. Just watching this stuff can be a source of stress for many people. I will say SOME crime shows are educational, but many also cater to our baser natures. I don't mind a good documentary that is thought provoking, but a lot of whats on court TV is just trash.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3884289 - 03/07/05 07:57 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

"I am an observer of the human condition."

So how long have you been "observer of the human condition", and what special qualifications do you have to predict "trends"? I have been observing "the human condition" for 40 years, and I know guys who have been observing it for 80. We all observe the human condition...that don't mean a thing.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#3884782 - 03/07/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

The length of time I have been observing is not as important as the trends occurring culturally and economically. Recognizing these things does not make one paranoid, that is the point, not the age of the observer nor the time spent observing.

Now, would you like to discuss the dissolution of the nuclear family, single family parents, teenage pregnancy, absentee fathers, juvenile crime, the highest incarceration rate in the western world, the increasing prevalence and dangers of STDs and increasing illiteracy? How about economics and the shortening time horizon of the average American, the decreased savings rate, increased indebtedness, debasement of the currency, the increasing reliance on foreign governments to buy our government's balooning debt while making more and more enemies the world over, military adventurism abroad while the borders are being overrun at home? Maybe we might address the balkanization of the American society, the rise of gangsterism and it's glorification in popular culture, the denigration of our own cultural heritage as being the source of all evils in the world, the original topic of this thread, etc, etc, etc...

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3884850 - 03/07/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

"The length of time I have been observing is not as important"
So, your a kid right?

"The length of time I have been observing is not as important as the trends occurring culturally and economically"

So your observational skills are much better than other people...any other people perhaps? Yeah right. Doomsaying is just fearmongering to get attention. There have been doomsayers predicting the downfall of society since the stone age.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#3884940 - 03/07/05 09:50 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
So, your a kid right?

I notice that you repeatedly attempt an argumentum ad hominem. This has no relevance to the points brought up. Try again.

Quote:

So your observational skills are much better than other people...any other people perhaps?

No, I did not say that my observational skills are better than any other people, nor did I imply that. If you would care to discuss the trends I refer to instead of engaging in fallacious reasoning, that would be welcome.

Quote:

Yeah right. Doomsaying is just fearmongering to get attention. There have been doomsayers predicting the downfall of society since the stone age.

Perhaps if you were curious enough to study a little bit of history, you would discover that all great societies fade. This is neither fear mongering nor doomsaying, it is the way of the world. Would you care to dispute this fact?

Now, if you care to discuss the topic instead of me, this would demonstrate that you are actually capable of critical thought. How about starting with the trends I listed in my previous post?

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #3885340 - 03/07/05 11:40 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Really makes the word "thriller" come alive? Eh? LOL... I can see the source for this article.

What were you commenting on in your response? Who is hunter? and why is there a water mark?

Lol... I dont know, "get me those fucking golf shoes..!" :stoned:

Edited by Zero7a1 (03/07/05 11:48 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #3885475 - 03/08/05 12:17 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Prosgeopax said:
Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
So, your a kid right?

I notice that you repeatedly attempt an argumentum ad hominem. This has no relevance to the points brought up. Try again.

Well, let's see here...
I don't think this is necessarily an ad hominem attack, Prosgeopax. Or, at least, I don't think Hue was really aiming for that.

I'm only 25, and I definitely share your feelings of impending doom etc. BUT I also can take a step back and think about all the horrible shit that every generation before me has endured and overcome.

Quote:

ENID: So, I don't really get it -- are you saying that things were better back then...?
SEYMOUR: No, in a lot of ways things are better now... I dunno... it's complicated.

So Rome fell... so what?

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3885561 - 03/08/05 12:37 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:
I'm only 25, and I definitely share your feelings of impending doom etc.  BUT I also can take a step back and think about all the horrible shit that every generation before me has endured and overcome.

Yeah... But this time it's real. :lol:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Today and a Self "Safety Mode" as the Instinctual Driving Forces.... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3886053 - 03/08/05 03:53 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
The media uses fear to keep you watching. They throw around lots of shocking terms with threatening implications to keep you hooked. Just watching this stuff can be a source of stress for many people. I will say SOME crime shows are educational, but many also cater to our baser natures. I don't mind a good documentary that is thought provoking, but a lot of whats on court TV is just trash.

Fear....?  Perhaps your second analyzation of "shocking" would be more correct, at least how I have observed....  People (in a mass, generalized way) seem to be drawn to observe and almost enjoy watching another go thru those things that one seems to fear within one's self....  ESPECIALLY with the common curiousity of death itself.... 

It *seems* to be a conditioning of human nature as a safety factor of self, as to how one truly acts on his surroundings....  Perhaps in the today, the TV is just a safer way to veiw what it is that they seem to fear themselves - perhaps out of curiousity....  Almost a fixation of finding out how others will act when facing negativity and conflict (the trials of life), or to possibly be a "people watcher" out of curiousity as to how somone else seems to use their confrontational "skills" - and how successful those tactics are when used.... 

In real life and generally speaking, if a person hears a cry out of "FIRE", everyone within earshot is going to perk up to see if they are in danger....      If there is a conflict, as voices start to raise people within earshot would most likely stop what they are doing to listen, and be aware of the situation happening around them....  If a person hears a cry out for "HELP", people within ear shot might more NOT act out of FEAR because of possible danger to one's self.... 

They all relate to a "safety" mode of action as a perhaps "instinctual" way of staying alive - when it all boils down to it.... 

Perhaps....

ME....

:heartpump::heartpump:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: Today and a Self "Safety Mode" as the Instinctual Driving Forces.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3886075 - 03/08/05 04:12 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Perhaps the real issue you should be discussing is not the impending downfall of society, as many have said "All good things, come to an end" so society will fall sooner or later, it is certain. Also certain is the rise of a new order from the ashes. (see Rome through medieval history to now).

Really the problem is the proliferation of ephemera in modern society, which IS what lead to the downfall of Roman culture, and every other fallen culture before (besides being conquered and integrated, that just doesn't count as falling).

The problem with TV (and mass media in general) is not the content, but more the quality. Desperate Housewives is big in Britain at the moment, and the programs topic is valid. But the quality of the content is so appalling that I cannot see it has any value at all, the same follows for "The OC" etc.

So the real issue here is the "tabloidification" of societies issues, this is simply a coping mechanism, it cannot be seen to be a way of alerting oneself to dangers, since the dangers in "tabloid" society are no more real than little green men, and the sky that fell on Chicken Licken.

Really the issue is the trend towards "tabloid" culture and, as I said earlier the current obsession with ephemera, this will (eventually) lead to the downfall of Western culture. Though I give no timescale for this, and would not even try.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents (rant) :stoned:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

OfflineThe_Walrus
Stranger
Loc: Cambridge, Britain
    #3886103 - 03/08/05 04:29 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

I abslutely hate tabloid culture. Newspapers here in the UK, such as 'the sun' and 'the mirror' are utter pieces of trash. They create a distorted image of the world by manipulating the basest, crudest emotions. They use fear to create paranoia over terrorists and peadophiles. When there is a disaster, they always look for a scapegoat to blame, to give the impression that there is an individual who is solely to blame for an incident, like with Marilyn Manson being blamed for the Columbine massacre, and they use cheap sentimentality, which is why there was a huge media circus surrounding the deaths of Amanda Taylor over here, with thousands of people who didn't even know she existed before she died, sending their condolensces. The mass grieving over the death of Diana is another example. I am not saying the tabloids have malicious intent, but rather that they are willing to put cheap, simple regurgitated crap instead of true journalism because it will sell more papers. It is the principle of 'lowest common denominator' at it's most explicit.

--------------------
'Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted' - Albert Einstein

OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: The_Walrus]
    #3886196 - 03/08/05 05:49 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

To follow on from the Walrus, and point out the truth of his view of the UK tabloid media. Last week a copy of 'The Sun' caught my eye, so I looked across it's front page.

What I saw was this:

Big picture of Michael Jackson on the far right with headline similar to "Pervert should be locked up".

Big picture of woman in skimpy clothing to the left with bi-line "See Lucy Bristol's Bristols" or something like that.

How hypocritical can the readers be, and how stupid is the editor.

On the left "read this paper, be a pervert" on the right "Look how bad perverts are"!!?!?!?!??

They really must not think much of their readership if this is the content of the front page of one of the largest circulating national newspapers!

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

Edited by PsilocinSam (03/08/05 05:50 AM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3886683 - 03/08/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

If you've never read "The Fountainhead" by Ayne Rand I really suggest it. In the book there is a newspaper tycoon. When he first started out he did an experiment. In one paper he put an article on the front page about a starving scientist working to cure diseases (or something like that). One the other paper he put an article on the front page about a single mother who had to resort to prostitution. Both articles were asking for donations and the one about the whore mother recieved many donations while the one about the scientist recieved almost none. The tycoon, at this point, held up the paper with the whore on it and said "This will be the model for our newspaper!" And that's how he struck it big.

The most important fact that you have to keep in mind when watching or reading mass media is that everything is exaggerated and sensationalized in order to CATCH YOUR ATTENTION! The women are unrealistically beautiful, the stories are dramatized to tug at your heartstrings! Everything is manipulated and DESIGNED. This is all fine and dandy until you realize that this is how our society has been socialized. Most kids learn about the world through their TVs instead of actually interacting with the world!

The more experiance a person has with the mass media, the more of it's contents become incorperated into that persons reality. People say "It's just TV, it's not real", but how many memories and ideas have you gotten from the TV? These are real and they affect you and your behavior in a very real way.

Take food commercials for example. When they take footage of food, it's not food. Icecream melts too fast, so they use lard instead. Whipped cream deflates, so they use toothpaste. Half of that shit is wax, clay, or plastic. But it looks delicious doesn't it? You see that tasty looking Whopper on TV, so you go down to a burger place and you get a sandwich. When you open it up, it's flat, greasy, dull. "Why doesn't it look like the one on TV?" you ask. Because that one wasn't real! This one is! Now have a tasty bite of reality and give us your money!

I don't watch TV. If I want some false reality I pop in a disk of FRIENDS with no commercials. I don't like perfect, skinny girls as much as I like girls that have some curvy chub on them, and maybe a bit o' acne, because that is real. I don't let the news tell me what to think about the war, or politics, even if it's something that I agree with. I like my reality to be created out of real experiance instead of fabricated presentations. It's the only way that I can trust myself.

I suggest, for the first step of purifying yourself from corporate behavioral programming, is to get rid of your television and get a good internet connection! At least with the net you can pick what trash you pay attention to...

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: dr0mni]
    #3886815 - 03/08/05 10:33 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

here in portugal for many years there was only public tv. two channels only. when they allowed two private channels to start operating everybody was thrilled with the idea and we thought as far as tv was concerned this could only be good because it obviously would allow for more options.

the new channels were naturally audience ratings / commercially oriented so everything changed for much worse.
public tv also changed in order to justify being financed by the state, and wanting higher rates also went trash.

nowadays I don't see the news. it's the worst program on tv. I prefer to see the cartoons with my 2 year old that show at the same time on public tv channel 2.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3888769 - 03/08/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

"Perhaps if you were curious enough to study a little bit of history, you would discover that all great societies fade."

I am very familiar with history. Societies transform not disapear. Even after the fall of the Roman empire civilization did not vanish from those areas. When the USSR diminished civilization still held on. There was no great downfall it was a gradual transformation. Our society will undergo many transformations, but to say we are in the "last days" implies the total dissolution of civilization. Technology has reached critical mass and our knowlege has been very well recorded; unless there is a catastrophic destruction of the planet itself there is no way that civilization will vanish from it's face.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Today and a Self "Safety Mode" as the Instinctual Driving Forces.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3888785 - 03/08/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Shock is an emotion based in fear.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#3888825 - 03/08/05 06:08 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
... to say we are in the "last days" implies the total dissolution of civilization.

Pardon me, but where exactly did I say this? Or is this another fallacious argument designed to distract the less astute from my actual words. Please, re-read my posts and respond to what I actually said if you intend to critique what I said. If you cannot respond to the ACTUAL content of my posts, why insist on responding at all?

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3888870 - 03/08/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Excuse me I mis-remembered (I slept since last night) you said "You may find that you are part of the Remnant." Which implies as much. As far as the "trends" you want to discuss...there is no "trend". Cultural pollution is as old as the hills.

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (03/08/05 06:22 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #3891018 - 03/09/05 01:50 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

PsilocinSam said:
Really the issue is the trend towards "tabloid" culture and, as I said earlier the current obsession with ephemera, this will (eventually) lead to the downfall of Western culture.

I don't necessarily agree with your conclusion (see quote below), but that is a great fucking word!

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Cultural pollution is as old as the hills.

Yep.
BTW, did you ship me that order of sparrow's tongues yet?

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Today and a Self "Safety Mode" as the Instinctual Driving Forces.... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3896025 - 03/10/05 12:05 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

You can be shocked out of something, and not have it based in fear.... 

"Damn, look at that "fireworks" like display of the Northern Lights in the night sky....!!!"  :shocked:  :ooo:

Shock and Awe in it's beauty and splendor....

"Suzy just dumped a bucket of cold water on the teacher...!!!!"  :shocked:

A realization to something that is abnormal in behaviour, is identified....  Perhaps more a curiousity than a fear....  ?

"A ten year old boy thought to be deaf, started talking today - for NO reason....!"  :shocked:

Kind of a shocking/surprised, in an amazement kinda~ way....     

"Grandpa had a heart attack last night...."  :shocked:

Surprise, death can hit at anytime....  (no grandfathers were hurt in the making of this thread...)

"aaaAAAAAHHHH  CHOOOoooooo"....  :shocked:  :eek:

(bless you)  Shocked out of being startled to that which was not expected....

The "fear" emotion does not have to "own"  the act of being shocked....  Depends on an individual's interpretation of fear, and if they indeed have fear for things....  I am kind of a jumpy person by nature....    If you walk up behind me quietly and tap me on the shoulder, :poke: I am most likely gonna~ jump....  :eek:  Yeah, pretty much every damn time...!  :lol:    So one would perhaps assume that I am scared, which is perhaps implied as fear....    Whereas in actuallity, I simply have sensitive reflexes....  That seems to me to be more like a shocking/surprised reaction, as I have no real control over them....  :shrug:

ME....

:heartpump::heartpump:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale