Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3888769 - 03/08/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

"Perhaps if you were curious enough to study a little bit of history, you would discover that all great societies fade."

I am very familiar with history. Societies transform not disapear. Even after the fall of the Roman empire civilization did not vanish from those areas. When the USSR diminished civilization still held on. There was no great downfall it was a gradual transformation. Our society will undergo many transformations, but to say we are in the "last days" implies the total dissolution of civilization. Technology has reached critical mass and our knowlege has been very well recorded; unless there is a catastrophic destruction of the planet itself there is no way that civilization will vanish from it's face.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Today and a Self "Safety Mode" as the Instinctual Driving Forces.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3888785 - 03/08/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Shock is an emotion based in fear.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3888825 - 03/08/05 06:08 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
... to say we are in the "last days" implies the total dissolution of civilization.

Pardon me, but where exactly did I say this? Or is this another fallacious argument designed to distract the less astute from my actual words. Please, re-read my posts and respond to what I actually said if you intend to critique what I said. If you cannot respond to the ACTUAL content of my posts, why insist on responding at all?

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3888870 - 03/08/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Excuse me I mis-remembered (I slept since last night) you said "You may find that you are part of the Remnant." Which implies as much. As far as the "trends" you want to discuss...there is no "trend". Cultural pollution is as old as the hills.

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (03/08/05 06:22 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Tabloid Culture [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3891018 - 03/09/05 01:50 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

PsilocinSam said:
Really the issue is the trend towards "tabloid" culture and, as I said earlier the current obsession with ephemera, this will (eventually) lead to the downfall of Western culture.

I don't necessarily agree with your conclusion (see quote below), but that is a great fucking word!

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Cultural pollution is as old as the hills.

Yep.
BTW, did you ship me that order of sparrow's tongues yet?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Today and a Self "Safety Mode" as the Instinctual Driving Forces.... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3896025 - 03/10/05 12:05 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

You can be shocked out of something, and not have it based in fear.... 

"Damn, look at that "fireworks" like display of the Northern Lights in the night sky....!!!"  :shocked:  :ooo:

Shock and Awe in it's beauty and splendor....

"Suzy just dumped a bucket of cold water on the teacher...!!!!"  :shocked:

A realization to something that is abnormal in behaviour, is identified....  Perhaps more a curiousity than a fear....  ?

"A ten year old boy thought to be deaf, started talking today - for NO reason....!"  :shocked:

Kind of a shocking/surprised, in an amazement kinda~ way....     

"Grandpa had a heart attack last night...."  :shocked:

Surprise, death can hit at anytime....  (no grandfathers were hurt in the making of this thread...)

"aaaAAAAAHHHH  CHOOOoooooo"....  :shocked:  :eek:

(bless you)  Shocked out of being startled to that which was not expected....

The "fear" emotion does not have to "own"  the act of being shocked....  Depends on an individual's interpretation of fear, and if they indeed have fear for things....  I am kind of a jumpy person by nature....    If you walk up behind me quietly and tap me on the shoulder, :poke: I am most likely gonna~ jump....  :eek:  Yeah, pretty much every damn time...!  :lol:    So one would perhaps assume that I am scared, which is perhaps implied as fear....    Whereas in actuallity, I simply have sensitive reflexes....  That seems to me to be more like a shocking/surprised reaction, as I have no real control over them....  :shrug:

ME....

:heartpump::heartpump:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale