Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

First trip report
    #3879873 - 03/06/05 10:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Before I get started let me say I wasn't too happy with my first trip. I'll explain why later on. My first trip was with my friend and it was on my own homegrown shrooms. You can imagine how excited I was, after researching and asking questions and doing all the work to get those babies going. Finally, after 6 weeks (seemed like much much more than that believe me) I had enough shrooms for two people to trip on. Four of my cakes had fruited, and produced about 50 grams worth of fresh shrooms (the equivalent of about 5 grams dry). I had picked two fresh shrooms on the day we decided to trip. The rest of them I had to pick earlier, and so they were about half dried by the time we were ready for our adventure. The plan was to eat the two fresh ones first (which amounted to about 1 dry gram apiece) then eat some of the dry ones right afterwards, for a total of about 2-2.5 dry grams worth of shrooms apiece. This would have given us both a pretty decent trip, according to all the stuff I had read about dosage.

Anyway, the place we had chosen for the trip is a cabin that we like to go to a lot and drink beer. It's way out in the middle of nowhere, no neighbors, and only minimal traffic (about one car an hour). It's surrounded by pasture, trees, creeks and ponds. A perfect place for this kind of thing. We decided to eat our shrooms when we were about 30 minutes from the cabin, so that we would start feeling the effects not long after we got there. My friend bit the cap off of his and chugged it down with some OJ. I'd read and heard how nasty they were, but I thought it would be too bad, so I went ahead and bit the cap off of mine, prepared to just chew it up and swallow. No way in hell was that going to happen. My stomach knew what was coming its way the second I bit the cap off, and I almost threw up before I even tried to swallow. I could feel the gills as I was chewing, and it just made it worse. I looked at my friend and apparently I had a pretty funny look on my face, because he started cracking up. I managed to chew it up enough so that I could just wash it down with my OJ. I repeated this chewing and washing down with OJ until I got the whole thing down. I almost threw up a couple times, but I managed.

All was going well so far, but here comes the first screw up that made the trip not so cool. After eating the two fresh ones, we needed to eat some of the dried ones, as one gram apiece wasn't going to get us far. The problem was, the dried ones were in their own baggie, and my friend didn't know where he had put it, or if he had even brought it. Not a nice thing to discover when you're miles away from home and you've just taken the first half of your dose. We searched through our bags, the glove box, pockets, everything, and still couldn't find the rest of our dose. I started to get pissed at him, but I knew that wasn't a good way to start a trip. He told me to just get it all out of my system before the shrooms kicked in, so I did. I called him all kinds of names, pointing out the fact that we'd been looking forward to this for two months and now he decides to misplace our beloved stash.

After ranting for a bit, I felt better and decided to just make the best of it. About twenty minutes later, we're getting close to the cabin, and I start to feel a little different. My friend was telling stories about how he doesn't like his shitty job and some of the morons he has to deal with, and I was laughing my damned ass off. It was the kind of humor that drugs bring out, you guys know how it is. Anyway, by the time we get to the cabin, I'm having a grand old time, and was kind of glad we didn't find the rest of the shrooms, it seemed like I wouldn't need them. When we got out of the truck, the grass was extra green, the sky was extra blue, the cows were looking interesting somehow, and everything in general just had a more interesting look to it than normal. Nothing real spectacular was happening yet, but it seemed that things were heading in that direction.

Here comes mistake number two. The first thing you do when you get to the cabin is, you have to start three fires. One in the stove (to keep the place warm), one in the fireplace (to keep the house warm and because it looks and sounds cool), and one outside (the bullshitting area). Under beer circumstances, starting a fire is no problem. You just drink, start your fire, drink some more and all goes well. On this particular night however, I didn't really feel like starting any damn fires. My trip was just kicking in, it looked fantastic outside, and I just wanted to sit outside and look at everything. First, though, I had to get the fires going, because the cabin doesn't have a heater, and without the fires you're just gonna freeze your nuts off. So, I get started on the stove fire, and put my friend in charge of the other two. He had brought some starter logs and I figured he wouldn't have any trouble getting them going. Being the outdoorsy type, I like to get my fires going without any of that jazz, so I got started on the stove fire with just paper and twigs, like I normally do.

The magazine pages I was using for kindling were burning all kinds of colors which, needless to say, looked facking amazing in my state. I was being impatient because I wanted to go outside, and I kept messing up and losing the fire. Finally, I got it going well enough that I could go outside for a while. By this time, my friend had both of his fires going, so we sat outside by that fire, like we normally do. Finally! I could sit outside and enjoy things. About this time, my friend found the rest of our shrooms, and I went ahead and ate maybe a quarter of a gram's worth just to be sure I got enough. I was feeling good enough that I didn't want to overdo it. We started trying to enjoy things, but his worthless fire wasn't doing so well. We pretty much had to start from scratch on it and get it started again. By the time we got done jacking around with that, the "peak" was pretty much over. Once we realized things weren't going to get any better, we got pretty bored and bummed out. Then we discovered a bunch of beer in the fridge, and decided to just do it the old fashioned way and get hammered.

After a few beers, we decided to eat the rest of the shrooms, which was probably a little over a gram apiece. We went ahead and ate them, and about 45 minutes later my vision started to get funny again. My friend, even though he wasn't moving, seemed to have trails going around him, like the normal trails that you would expect to see when you wave your hand or a cigarette, only he wasn't moving. The ceiling had some funny stuff going on too, but nothing to write home about. When I closed my eyes, I had some pretty nice stuff going on, it kind of reminded me of those close up videos you see of blood cells moving through microscopic capillaries. Just little pixel things flowing around in different patterns. Nothing to freak out about, but it was kind of cool. I had expected the visualizations to get better, but that's all they really did, and it only lasted for about 20 minutes. After that passed, we just went back to beer.

It ended up being a pretty normal night at the cabin, getting sloshed and bullshitting all night. Once we got over the shroom failure, we ended up having a good time. After reflecting on things, and deciding what went wrong, I wasn't so depressed about it. Next time, I'm taking all my shrooms at once, not putting my friend in charge of the stash, and making sure I don't have any fires to build or any other responsibilities during the trip.

Excerpt from one of my textbooks:
Therefore, between a then and its matching else, there cannot be an if statement without an else. Statements must be distinguished between those that are matched and those that are unmatched, where unmatched statements are else-less ifs and all other statements are matched.
I wonder if that would make more sense if I was tripping when I read it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience