Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Iran invasion pool.
    #3879766 - 03/06/05 10:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So, It seems obvious that the U.S.A. will Invade Iran sometime in the reign of George W. Bush. So I figure somebody may as well make some $$$ off this, other than haliburton.

So It's $10 to enter, guess the date of the invasion, closest person wins it all. I'll add this to my favorite threads and bump it when the invasion occurs. Money is to be collected by the winner through PM's, so it's basically the honor system.

Invasion must occur during the bush/Cheney administration. Invasion will be considered to be the beginning of major hostile action. So If we start covert operations in coordination with bombings, that will be considered an invasion. Otherwise, It'll be the day when all the newspapers carry the headline of "war" or invasion". Should it be a slowly escalating military action with no clear "invasion date" the winner will be the closest date of the 50th American combat casualty(hopefully this won't occur).

If you enter and don't pay up, expect bad trade ratings from everyone that entered, that should keep it honest.

My date will be January 18th 2006.

edit: spell check.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Edited by shroommachine (03/06/05 11:43 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: shroommachine]
    #3879791 - 03/06/05 10:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

August 10th 2005.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: cb9fl]
    #3879942 - 03/06/05 11:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What If it doesn't occur? (Do you pay up?)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3880006 - 03/06/05 11:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
What If it doesn't occur? (Do you pay up?)

If the end dosen't occur, all bets are off. I think this would be the best possible scenario, as nobody dies in this circumstance. But I give it about a 5% chance that there is no invasion.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3880049 - 03/06/05 11:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I fully agree with you on that one. Just wanted to toss the "what if" into the equation.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sky Force 10
    #3880138 - 03/06/05 11:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If weinvade Iran, we're fucked......and there's going to be a huge social revolution in the US. There is definately one coming, and our Admin. is really stupid/macho, so I don't doubt that we'll invade another country soon...Syria seems to be a more likely target though.  :shrug: Anyway, I'm not putting any money on it.

--------------------
The Juice is loose, baby

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #3880166 - 03/06/05 11:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3880177 - 03/06/05 11:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It's seeming alot like the 60's again.

Bush is as stupid as Johnson or Nixon.
People are talking about the draft again.
War in foreign country, no good reason(no better one at least)
Lsd Is starting to emerge again.

On that last point, I think It deserves some more looking into. There has been no LSD in this country for about 4 years, so It's a brand new thing again. It could have a huge impact, and may be what swings the youth culture from the "support the troops" mentality to the "save the troops, bring them home" mentality. Or maybe I'm just pissed cause Florida is still bone dry.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3880183 - 03/06/05 11:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edit:

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
If weinvade Iran, we're fucked......and there's going to be a huge social revolution in the US. There is definately one coming, and our Admin. is really stupid/macho, so I don't doubt that we'll invade another country soon...Syria seems to be a more likely target though.  :shrug: Anyway, I'm not putting any money on it.

We've invaded 2 countries so far, both wars being just as illigitamate (albeit, Afghanistan war had higher grounds for war). What makes you think invading another country (and setting up a happy puppet government) is going to change the "American Mindset"?

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/06/05 11:44 PM)

Anonymous

#3880274 - 03/06/05 11:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you can be that stupid- to suggest that Iran will be invaded by the US during the next 4 years... outlandish, if not absurd. just think about the shear logistics of it. another occupation, which would make 3. we wouldn't do it. the american people will not buy another invasion.

Bush is deficient. but he's not completely retarded. he knows its not feasible. besides, people behind him- his advisors know we are already slightly over-extended millitarily. its not gonna happen while bush remains in office.

Iran, the N. Korea, then what? the list of foes goes on. it won't happen, it'll be dealt with through diplomacy.

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: ]
    #3880290 - 03/06/05 11:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jono1 said:
you can be that stupid- to suggest that Iran will be invaded by the US during the next 4 years... outlandish, if not absurd.  just think about the shear logistics of it.  another occupation, which would make 3.  we wouldn't do it.  the american people will not buy another invasion. 

Well, somebody isn't gonna win the pool with that attitude. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #3880310 - 03/06/05 11:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

this is fucking disgusting

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: ]
    #3880502 - 03/07/05 12:26 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jono1 said:
Bush is deficient. but he's not completely retarded. he knows its not feasible. besides, people behind him- his advisors know we are already slightly over-extended millitarily. its not gonna happen while bush remains in office.

You're the one that said it

/whistles

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinemethikist
Mushroom Pirate.

Loc: PNW
    #3881455 - 03/07/05 05:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you make me sick.

fuck you.

--------------------
Oh cmon, I'm a fun guy.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3882350 - 03/07/05 02:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What, in your eyes, makes an invasion "legitimate"?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: methikist]
    #3882355 - 03/07/05 02:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

methikist, you've been warned before about flaming in this forum.

Banned.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: Phred]
    #3882550 - 03/07/05 02:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Anything is possible. I certainly hope that it never happens, the last thing we need is the end of the world!

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Iran invasion pool. [Re: Phred]
    #3882570 - 03/07/05 03:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
methikist, you've been warned before about flaming in this forum.

Banned.

Phred

I found my new favorite moderator. :cool:

--------------------

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3925393 - 03/16/05 02:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

bump.

--------------------

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
    #3925481 - 03/16/05 03:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

what is the definition of invasion? What if it's just a few special forces or troops with limited objectives or an arial bombardment?

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion