Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePacks
Stranger

If immortality became mandatory by your government in the future..
    #3878716 - 03/06/05 07:09 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

in order to ensure your safety which involved having to abandon your human body to something synthetically made, would you accept it?.

I know theres a million what-if/hypothetical questions inbetween so I'll make an example and you can pick it apart from there if'ya want :wink: or if your so inclined to point out loopholes just write up a new one or improve on mine:

After your born your let to live up to approximately 20-30 years in your human body, after which your forced into a synthetically made "something". If you refuse to comply your sent to a sort of madhouse/jail facility for the rest of your life. The reason you arent left to live freely as a human is because you may pose a threat to your government and everyone else who doesnt choose to stay a human by becoming an anarchist, terrorist, or grouping up in large numbers to start a civil war/rebellion.

So.. if it became mandatory what would'ya do?.

Edit/add: took out the word robot because too many people are insecure with that word :smirk:

Edited by Packs (03/07/05 12:08 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: If immortality became mandatory by your government in the future.. [Re: Packs]
    #3879005 - 03/06/05 08:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Why couldn't a person in a robot body become an anarchist, terrorist .. etc?

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: If immortality became mandatory by your government in the future.. [Re: Packs]
    #3879014 - 03/06/05 08:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I would pull down my blue pants, have shit on a sidewalk, whilst singing "we all live in a gray submarine", having a sign saying i was pretending to be color blind..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: If immortality became mandatory by your government in the future.. [Re: Gomp]
    #3879036 - 03/06/05 08:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If a government ever mandates how long I'm to live... I'll never adhere to it in any form. I'd end up killing myself and wonder what mandate they could further impose on me :lol:.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3879867 - 03/06/05 10:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I would make sure that my robot body was 300 feet tall and equipped with a dazzling aray of weaponry such as guided nuclear missles, laser beams, and futuristic death rays. An anti-gravity field and a potent force field would also be nice. Then I would take over the planet. That is what I would do.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: If immortality became mandatory by your government in the future.. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3880003 - 03/06/05 11:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

And chainsaw arms, Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sealab 2021.

(felt compelled to post that  :tongue:)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/06/05 11:34 PM)

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3880170 - 03/06/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i'd kill myself before anyone made me live forever.

InvisiblePacks
Stranger

Re: If immortality became mandatory by your government in the future.. [Re: cb9fl]
    #3880185 - 03/06/05 11:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
Why couldn't a person in a robot body become an anarchist, terrorist .. etc?

Ofcourse, but since you adhered to the governments law you would be less prone to go against them then someone who refuses to give up their body.

InvisiblePacks
Stranger

Re: If immortality became mandatory by your government in the future.. [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3880334 - 03/07/05 12:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Huehuecoyotl, Psychoactive1984, whoever else.. enough with the jokes plz, I bet its cuz I wrote the word ROBOT that set you guys off.. :rolleyes:

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3880373 - 03/07/05 12:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Packs said:
Huehuecoyotl, Psychoactive1984, whoever else.. enough with the jokes plz, I bet its cuz I wrote the word ROBOT that set you guys off.. :rolleyes:

Sorry.  :laugh:

It was actually this

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
I would make sure that my robot body was 300 feet tall and equipped with a dazzling aray of weaponry such as guided nuclear missles, laser beams, and futuristic death rays. An anti-gravity field and a potent force field would also be nice. Then I would take over the planet. That is what I would do.

Would have to watch Adult swim  :shrug:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3880845 - 03/07/05 01:41 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well, to be blunt, your question did not seem to have bearing on anything real that I could fathom...so neither did my response. My response was NOT a joke, but an answer intended to force clarification. Don't take this the wrong way, but just what are you getting at?

Psychoactive1984: The chainsaw arms are definitely a go!

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisiblePacks
Stranger

Re: If immortality became mandatory by your government in the future.. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3882176 - 03/07/05 12:57 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

your question did not seem to have bearing on anything real that I could fathom

Real?, if its a matter of not knowing what will happen exactly you could say its not real of course. But the possibility of it becoming real makes it significant, it may take place in a couple of centuries but does it not become worth talking about?, thats almost like saying astronomers who spend their entire life studying and observing black holes was a wasted career. Or what about the mars rover?, there are many exciting possibilities for the future, how you classify something as real or significant I dont know. Might aswell say philosophy is useless  :shocked:.

My response was NOT a joke, but an answer intended to force clarification.

Your kidding me right? :rolleyes:.

OfflineBenwa
Stranger
    #3883751 - 03/07/05 07:44 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What makes you feel your not immortal already? You body/mind isn't but YOU are.

I would not want an everlasting body. For one, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I'm so curious what lies beyond. Why would I want to remain in my skin prison? And another reason, gevernments have shown gross incompetency time and time again, I wouldn't trust them with such a task.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology