Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Newbie Rant from the Heart
    #3876472 - 03/06/05 10:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hey people  :heart:, im new here, but i like the way people here put things down, so im gonna have a go at my own rant. Just typing this out from the heart going out to all you spiritual ppl. :wink:

We are all deeply connected to one another! Since we are infinitely connected, infinitely deep, not just looking out into infinitely deep space, we can also look "in". It is also infinitely deep, infinitely rich and profound, infinitely mysterious, if you like, and fathomable, and yet at the same time, totally coherent, fitting together, everything in its own place. Perfectly.

It's like the ultimate chaos theory.  Everything is coherent when you broaden the frame enough.  Then you see it's actually a perfect pattern, everything fits, it's a perfect mandala or hologram. Everything fits, everything's perfect in its own way, in its own place. Shit belongs, as well as gold and pearls and rainbows.  Also, shit, schmaltz and everything else.  Neurosis, whatever.

And not only that, even more radically, we belong.  Of all people, yes even oneself, imagine that, fits and belongs.  That what spiritual teachings highlight, underline.  It is there on every line, but maybe needs to be highlighted a  little bit so it's not lost in an entire thicket of words, concepts. It is so evident that we overlook it.It's so close, right  under our own noses, that we never notice. Everything is that.  There's nothing missing and nothing extra to get rid of.

Think about the Third World with empathy, putting ourselves in their shoes, "walking a mile in their moccasins," as the Native Americans say. Then we'll know where they are coming from, where others are coming from, where each other are coming from.  Then we can treat others as we would be treated.  Then we can equalize ourselves and others. Mind training or attitude transformation, is to treat others as yourself.  To equalize oneself and others.  To know where others are coming from, that others want and need the same as we do.  :grin: :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Newbie Rant from the Heart [Re: egghead1]
    #3877010 - 03/06/05 01:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hey egghead, i liked your little rant, thanx for posting it, i enjoy enthusiastic people like you alot, and welcome to the shroomery!  :laugh: :sun: :heart:

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Newbie Rant from the Heart [Re: exclusive58]
    #3877074 - 03/06/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks man :thumbup:, im glad you enjoyed it :heart:. Since you enjoyed it, let me rant a little more. I love ranting, its like it comes straight from my heart without involving my head, for me its the best form of therapy. Afterwards i just clear up the grammer and spelling and it ususally sounds pretty good. I suggest that everyone have a little go at it sometime in there lives.

The wisdom of unselfishness or selflessness reveals that real heart of interconnectedness, interpenetrativeness, and love. Then we treat everyone like we like to treat our children or our beloved ones. Equalizing ourselves with others, or even more radically, putting them first.  That's what the Dalai Lama says, that's the way to train:  put others first.  Like, perhaps, in your best moments, you put your children first or would die for your children.  If we see ourselves as one person on one side and all the beings in this world on the otherside, we might one day do a little advanced calculus and say "Which side is really more important?"

Of course, that's a big stretch, but we just say it that way to exaggerate.  But it's "me, me, me," or the world.  Think about it: three - me, myself, and I- or 6 billion? And that's only the people! What about all the others, creatures great and small, seen an unseen? Hard to count them.

So, when we really put things in perspective, we can, by continuous  reflection and contemplation, start to not just conclude or jump to  a conclusion or make some kind of exaggerated point that the many  are  more important than any one of us, but we might start to really  transform our attitude.  Erode or loosen a little bit of our selfishness, of our self-cherishing, our egotism, whatever you want to call it...relinquish our grasping, attachment, and demandingness.

That's the way to peace. World peace and also inner peace.  Im not just talking about mystical doctrines like no-self, shunyata, anakima, no self, no one home.  But how about just a little more generosity and less grasping and demanding?

Let's start anywhere, anything will do.  Just being a little nicer to each other or when we drive around or whatever.  Let's start anywhere, I dare you!  :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #3877093 - 03/06/05 02:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Give yourself some credit, that stuff is far superior to rantings! :smile:

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #3877114 - 03/06/05 02:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It's important to keep that up in times of adversity. When someone is rude to you, or shits on you, or disrespects you, don't return it. Smile at them, don't get angry like them. Don't let other people's bad attitudes bring you down. Smile and be polite and always love. Let that which does not matter truly slide! Because this moment is an illusion, and if you learn to do it right you can close your eyes and meditate for a split second, trancending time and place and worries. Get rid of the contructed reality that surrounds you and be one with God, even if it's just for a split second. After all, we are timeless!

hey that did feel good to rant! Thanks!

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Newbie Rant from the Heart [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3877173 - 03/06/05 02:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No, Im only good at ranting, nothing more, i'm sure you are doing better than me in the superior regard. But never mind.  I think this is a real challenge for all of us to really live up to these marvelous, glittering truths that we all bandy about, subscribe to, read and write about, and even worse, teach.  How hard to really walk our talk, to live in an enlightened way, to embody the way, to model impeccable living for the benefit of one and all.  That is the great challenge, to embody and enact wisdom of compassion in action.  To show that it is possible, it must show up in ourselves first of all.  We must act as if it's possible-since it is. Let's make believe and go into it.

We can work from the outside in.  We can act as if it's possible to be sane, to be loving, to live an enlightened way, to make believe from the outside in, as well as transforming from the inside out - bit by bit, because it does seem to take a while, this infinite journey. :heart:

Edited by egghead1 (03/06/05 02:41 PM)

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3877251 - 03/06/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If it's a rant always make sure to do an

/end rant. :lol:

(I rant a lot so...)

Welcome to the Shroomery.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Newbie Rant from the Heart [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3877269 - 03/06/05 03:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks man  :thumbup: ill remember that in future  :cheers:

--------------------

Edited by egghead1 (03/06/05 03:41 PM)

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
    #3877657 - 03/06/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The shroomery is like a close friend with 10,000 ears to listen to your rants/problems/divinations in every possible way and return to you (free of charge) a multitude of perspectives.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Newbie Rant from the Heart [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3880692 - 03/07/05 12:59 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, but unfortunately there are plenty of people here to put you down, start shit, and be generally negative and antagonistic. You'd think this would be a community of like-minded folk, but it really isn't. I guess that's what makes it so great though!

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #3880788 - 03/07/05 01:22 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What does it mean to be "infinitely connected"?
What are the limits of this connectivity?
Are these limits necessarily a bad thing?
Can anything be "bad" in this world of infinite connectivity?
Can the corresponding "unconnection" not also exist or does the "infinitely connected" structure prohibit such a subversion?

Welcome to S&P, egghead1.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Newbie Rant from the Heart [Re: Sclorch]
    #3880795 - 03/07/05 01:24 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:
What does it mean to be "infinitely connected"?
What are the limits of this connectivity?
Are these limits necessarily a bad thing?
Can anything be "bad" in this world of infinite connectivity?
Can the corresponding "unconnection" not also exist or does the "infinitely connected" structure prohibit such a subversion?

Yes.  :wink:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Newbie Rant from the Heart [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3881204 - 03/07/05 03:53 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Infinitely connected suggests that all beings without limit share an unchanging connection, which is experienced through the capacity to love unconditionally. There are no limits to this connectivity because there are limitless beings in this limitless space. Self-created limits present themselves, so that we can go beyond them. There are both seemingly positive an negative things, but essentially everything is pure and perfect, no-thing. There is no disconnection, we just feel disconnected because we are not tapping into our capacity of unconditional love, it remains dormant unless we use it.  :heart:

At least this is how i see things, but hey, what do i know? Im only human like you  :sun:

--------------------

Edited by egghead1 (03/07/05 04:19 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Newbie Rant from the Heart [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3881584 - 03/07/05 06:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the_phoenix said:
Give yourself some credit, that stuff is far superior to rantings! :smile:

indeed, I say, I say, "welcome, egghead1"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology