Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room
    #3873617 - 03/05/05 04:24 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

A new, Humvee limousine is sent on behalf of the Offices of Enter to pickup none other than the Shroomery Founder Ythan.

The interview commences...

Q: So how the heck are you, Ythan?

A:

Q:  Since this is our first interview with you, let's start out with a little background. Who are you and what are you all about these days?

A:

Q: Can you recall your first mushroom experience? If so, can you tell us a little bit about it?

A:

Q: I understand you enjoy certain herbs or at least one of 'em anyway. Why?

A:

Q: Let's talk about education for a moment. Do you currently hold a degree or are you in the process of obtaining one? What is your field of interest in life?

A:

Q: Where do you hope to be in 5 years and do you honestly feel your education will help you get there?

A:

Q: Got Wife and kids?

A:

Q: Knowing that Thor is from Canada, I have had a certain distaste for Canadians.  :shocked:  Do you share this same disgust for Thor and his poweful minions or do you somehow tolerate these beguiling French foes of ours?  :rolleyes:

A:

Q: Give us one reason why we could possibly like an Austrian.

A:

Q: Where do you foresee mushrooms and legality issues over the course of the next several years?

A:

Q: Car or truck?

A:

Q: Are you a vegetarian? Why or why not?

A:

Q: What album is in your CD player right now?

A:

Q: Who influenced you most as a teenager? What was the result of this influence?

A:

Q: Why did you create the Shroomery originally? Don't lie now or I'll sick Vampy on you.

A:

Q: Beer or liquor or neither?

A:

Q: Your bio says you write. Me too. What do you write besides code?

A:

Q: Organic foods or anything goes?

A:

Q: What is your opinion of the work of Bill Gates? Has he cursed us or blessed us as a society with computers constantly pervading their need in our lives?

A:

Q: Before my driver drops you off, do you have a request of the members of this site that you'd like to make?

A:

Thank you!  :heart:

Edited by Enter (03/05/05 04:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room [Re: World Spirit]
    #3873621 - 03/05/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

why don't you PM or email him and then post the results?

ps; hummers suck

--------------------

Edited by blinkidiot (03/05/05 04:26 PM)

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3873625 - 03/05/05 04:27 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

very stimulating answers!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room [Re: blink]
    #3873634 - 03/05/05 04:29 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

p  a  t  i  e  n  c  e

:heart:  :sun:  :heart:

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3873648 - 03/05/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Did You finish Your previous interview with Chinacat?

--------------------

Edited by ivi (03/05/05 04:40 PM)

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3873652 - 03/05/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

nice. Umm, are answer supposed to magically appear?

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room [Re: ivi]
    #3873655 - 03/05/05 04:33 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3873665 - 03/05/05 04:34 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Precisely my dear.  :tongue:

Ythan is still in the truck. This post was done out of the normal confines of time itself. Within the hour you should see some answers.
:heart:

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3873694 - 03/05/05 04:42 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Oh, I get it now :grin: :thumbup:
How about Anno being Your next victim? :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room [Re: ivi]
    #3873697 - 03/05/05 04:42 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

I'll try. He kind of hates me though so he might now answer my questions.  :shocked: :heart:

OnlineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #3873863 - 03/05/05 05:36 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Q: So how the heck are you, Ythan?

A: Very well thank you! It's a beautiful sunny day, my cat Oscar is purring on my lap while I type this, and life is good.

Q: Since this is our first interview with you, let's start out with a little background. Who are you and what are you all about these days?

A: I am a 23 year old Caucasian human being currently residing at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. I grew up in New York State and moved out here with Suffer when I was 17. I'm currently a student at the prestigious and world-renowned Front Range Community College, and I work as a freelance web designer whenever jobs come my way. I'm agnostic, libertarian, somewhat shy and pretty lazy. I'm currently single after my last serious relationship went south and I live alone with my cat and ferret. I like the History Channel, cooking, video games, reading, music, computers and Indian food. I take Lexapro for depression and smoke Parliament and Camel lights. And I dress in earth tones but I'm not a hippie.

Q: Can you recall your first mushroom experience? If so, can you tell us a little bit about it?

As a matter of fact I have an excellent recollection of my first mushroom experience because I wrote a trip report about it. You can check it out here. I think I was 15 at the time. I wish I had waited until I was a little older since I don't think I was quite ready for what the mushrooms had in store for me. A lot of people don't realize that I no longer trip, and haven't since new years 2000. I find that it aggravates my depression.

Q: I understand you enjoy certain herbs or at least one of 'em anyway. Why?

I started smoking weed in my freshman year of high school and I haven't ever stopped. To be perfectly honest these days it mostly makes me tired, hungry and lazy. I think I keep smoking it because in my mind I still associate it with all the great times I've had stoned. Still, nothing beats bong rips and some Halo 2 deathmatch after a long day.

Q: Let's talk about education for a moment. Do you currently hold a degree or are you in the process of obtaining one? What is your field of interest in life?

I was expelled from two high schools in one year when I was a sophomore (I'm embarrassed to say it was over DXM both times). After that I dropped out and got my GED and it wasn't until recently that I went back to school (the aforementioned community college). At the moment I'm taking general education classes but I'd been planning to transfer to CU Boulder to pursue a computer science degree. However my true intent has always been to run my own business and I've been thinking lately that business classes might be more beneficial (after all I already know a lot about computers). Truthfully, at the moment I'm kind of confused and indecisive about my future but these things tend to work themselves out. My ideal job is something I can do in my underwear while smoking bowls and listening to music. Kind of like The Shroomery!

Q: Where do you hope to be in 5 years and do you honestly feel your education will help you get there?

This is kind of a tough question, I'm not really sure and that's been causing me some stress lately. I'd be happy with my own business, I'd be happy with a family, I've even considered joining the Navy. I really don't know what path I should be on and like most things that bug me, I tend to not think about it much. I don't feel like education and achievement have a whole lot to do with each other but I'm enjoying college because I like learning about new things.

Q: Got Wife and kids?

Nope, I thought it was in the cards until I found out my serious girlfriend cheated on me and then she dumped me a month later. My efforts to meet other women have declined as I realize that 99% of them aren't worth the trouble. I think I may be destined to die alone and it brings me down sometimes, but I try to keep it in perspective. I've still got a lot of life ahead of me and who knows what could happen.

Q: Knowing that Thor is from Canada, I have had a certain distaste for Canadians. Do you share this same disgust for Thor and his poweful minions or do you somehow tolerate these beguiling French foes of ours?

Canada has legal herb, free health care and some of the most beautiful land in America. Why do we hate those guys again?

Because Austrians aren't French.

Q: Where you do foresee mushrooms and legality issues over the course of the next several years?

I don't expect things to change very much within the next several years, although I wouldn't be surprised if spores were made illegal eventually. All it takes is one high profile case to capture the interest of the American public.

Q: Car or truck?

'94 Plymouth Duster with cigarette burns on all the seats and 100,000 miles on the odometer.

Q: Are you a vegetarian? Why or why not?

I was a vegetarian for many years, starting in second grade and continuing until I was in my mid teens. I don't really know why I started eating meat again, I guess I got sick of munching on a salad while my buddies were enjoying some top sirloin. I don't believe that eating meat is inherently wrong, but the conditions on factory farms certainly are. I feel that being vegan is the morally right thing to do in today's society, and the fact that I eat meat and dairy is due to personal weakness.

Q: Who influenced you most as a teenager? What was the result of this influence?

My friends influenced me the most as a teenager. The end result is the person that I am today! I can't even speculate on what I would have been like without them. Probably a perfectly average guy that graduated from an ivy league school to get a boring job with a salary in the high five figures (like my dad). Needless to say I'm glad I turned out the way I did.

Q: Why did you create the Shroomery originally? Don't lie now or I'll sick Vampy on you.

I was bored during summer vacation. Hey you asked for an honest answer. To elaborate a little, I'd just become interested in mushrooms and was a bit dismayed at the lack of information available on the net. I had left my previous web project (Soul Coughing Underground) after becoming bored with it and I was looking for a new outlet for my passion for web design. I started collecting various shroom-related documents I came across and compiling them on a web site, and the Shroomery was born! A lot of people don't realize that you can view site updates dating back to the very beginning by going here.

Q: Beer or liquor or neither?

I'm enjoying a nice cold Corona as I write this but I was permanently turned off hard alcohol after a few killer hangovers. I'm sorry but it just tastes like shit, I don't care what anyone says.

Q: Your bio says you write. Me too. What do you write besides code?

Not a whole lot lately but I enjoy writing short fiction, especially humorous and offbeat stuff kind of like the Hitchhiker's Guide. I have a dry and sarcastic sense of humor that people seem to either love or hate.

Q: Before my driver drops you off, do you have a request of the members of this site that you'd like to make?

Please send me some weed, I'm out.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room [Re: Ythan]
    #3873904 - 03/05/05 05:47 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

:laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3873967 - 03/05/05 06:07 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

excellent. nice job enter.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3873980 - 03/05/05 06:13 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Good stuff :heart:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3874269 - 03/05/05 07:11 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

The Followup Interview Via Nationwide Telephone Conference Call

I'm going to start with light humor
Q: Your cat has extremely large and human-like eyes. Does he prefer a particular drug and/or supplement with his cat chow? :smile:

A:

Q: I read your rpt on your first experience. You touched on depression in relation to mushrooms and I have a feeling we can reap some answers from you if we were to ask the right questions. Is the sorrow you spoke of totally relating to what you called a meaningless existence or is there more to this?

A:

Q: Is it possible that you felt that you had reached true, sincere happiness and that you simultaneously thought that no other person, let alone the world, would understand your true nature, the true way of being happy and continuous? ie The continuity of your happiness was broken because of the ways of humanity in general?

A:

Q: How does Lexapro work? I've never heard of it until now. Why use it?

A:

Q: Regarding your desire to run your own business, why not turn the Shroomery into an ethical business venture far more than it currently is? Surely others make a living off those who initially come to this site and see advertisements.

A:

For what its worth, I'm glad you made this site just so you know.  Thanks again for the interview.

:sun:  :heart:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #3874320 - 03/05/05 07:18 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Great job Enter!!!!

and thanks Ythan for answering...interesting read.

good interview!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room [Re: Roadkill]
    #3874368 - 03/05/05 07:26 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

THank you for the compliment. I tried to pick the best questions I could.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #3874382 - 03/05/05 07:29 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

np

you really do a nice interview.

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room [Re: Roadkill]
    #3875076 - 03/05/05 09:56 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Because Austrians aren't French.

:rotfl::lol:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OnlineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #3875461 - 03/06/05 12:13 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Q: Your cat has extremely large and human-like eyes. Does he prefer a particular drug and/or supplement with his cat chow?

He loves catnip so I save the more expensive stuff for myself. In general I feel that pets are a lot like infants, and like infants, should only be given drugs if they really like them. :wink: His large human-like eyes probably have to do with the fact that I treat him like my baby and for all he knows I'm the pet.

Q: I read your rpt on your first experience. You touched on depression in relation to mushrooms and I have a feeling we can reap some answers from you if we were to ask the right questions. Is the sorrow you spoke of totally relating to what you called a meaningless existence or is there more to this?

Remember this was 8 years ago and my memories have become somewhat foggy. I'm trying to remember my mental state from that night but the best representation is probably still the report I wrote when it was fresh in my mind. The sorrow of a meaningless existence was definitely the main cause for my emotions, but it should be noted that this is different from the depression I struggle with every day which has no obvious cause (and thus for me is much more distressing).

Q: Is it possible that you felt that you had reached true, sincere happiness and that you simultaneously thought that no other person, let alone the world, would understand your true nature, the true way of being happy and continuous? ie The continuity of your happiness was broken because of the ways of humanity in general?

That's a fascinating interpretation but I don't think that was necessarily the cause. At the time of my trip I wasn't too concerned about other people or the human condition. I felt that the Ash tree I was sitting in could empathize with me just fine.

Q: How does Lexapro work? I've never heard of it until now. Why use it?

Lexapro is a selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor like Prozac or Paxil. It works by raising the amount of seratonin in the brain. I use it quite simply because it helps my depression and makes me feel more "normal". For a long time I resisted going on anti-depressants until I realized the fallacy of smoking 10 bowls a day while being concerned about the effects of a pharmaceutical designed to target a specific chemical imbalance.

Q: Regarding your desire to run your own business, why not turn the Shroomery into an ethical business venture far more than it currently is? Surely others make a living off those who initially come to this site and see advertisements.

We are actually on this path with the introduction of a modest payroll budget for administrators and limited expansion into other commercial ventures. I doubt I could ever make a living wage off the site without seriously compromising its integrity, but if nothing else it's excellent experience for my next venture.

For what its worth, I'm glad you made this site just so you know. Thanks again for the interview.

Thank you, I'm glad I made the Shroomery too. It's really taken on a life of its own and the current site is much more a product of its members than any one admin.

Peace,

-Y

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale