Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLuvWallyWorld
Slack-jawedgawker

Loc: Midwest
"hydro-shrooms" a matter of semantics (but YES, they are better)
    #3856462 - 03/02/05 09:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OH MY GOD YOU CAN'T CALL IT THAT!!!

:tongue:

So what are "hydro-shrooms" and are they really "better?"  I'd say the term "hydro-shrooms" is a name that is technically incorrect but yes, they are better.

*watches every get all worked up*

To the lay-person and occasional drug user an indoor shroom growing setup looks pretty fancy, what with all its climate control and humidifying devices, not to mention that pearlite which the sole function of is to hold water.  Some setups, involving cakes really contain very little of what a lay-person would recognize as "soil."  So forgive the druggies if they're quick to apply "hydro" a term they're already familiar with to indoor-grown shrooms.

So are cultivated shrooms better and worth more than ones picked from nature?  I'd say yes.  Why? Cuz you really want to trust some random fool to wander around the woods and identify the right shroom?  Ya I don't think so.  I'll pay more for a cultivated shroom which is MUCH less likely to be misidentified.

But by all means, I agree with you calling something a "hydro-shroom" is technically incorrect.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: "hydro-shrooms" a matter of semantics (but YES, they are better) [Re: LuvWallyWorld]
    #3856486 - 03/02/05 09:29 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:lol: So...everything is in order then?

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: "hydro-shrooms" a matter of semantics (but YES, they are better) [Re: Boom]
    #3857207 - 03/02/05 12:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hy?dro?pon?ics
n : Cultivation of plants in nutrient solution rather than in soil.
n : a technique of growing plants (without soil) in water containing dissolved nutrients.

you can call something homegrown without calling it hydro. the point of them calling it hydro is to make people think it's much higher quality (and thus more expensive). it's not about being technical...lots of people are blatantly lying to the people just to get more money out of them. why make this practice acceptable, or just pass it off as ignorance?

OfflineLilShank
TECH N9NE

Re: "hydro-shrooms" a matter of semantics (but YES, they are better) [Re: LuvWallyWorld]
    #3857220 - 03/02/05 12:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If someone told me hydro shrooms, i would know there is no such thing as them, but just as in most cases when someone calls weed hydro, it just means really good weed, So if someone told me hydro shrooms, i would just assume, really good shrooms.

--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: "hydro-shrooms" a matter of semantics (but YES, they are better) [Re: LilShank]
    #3857411 - 03/02/05 01:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

All homegrown shrooms I have gotten have been better than ones that were picked. It all comes down to the grower though. If he knows what he is doing, they will be great!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3875127 - 03/05/05 10:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

IMO if someone tried to sell me "hydro-shrooms" I would KNOW that he was talking out his ass and probably trying to jack the price up, thinking that I dont know any better.

No use for the term "hydro"....when "lab shrooms" fits the "homegrown" term.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
Re: "hydro-shrooms" a matter of semantics (but YES, they are better) [Re: niteowl]
    #3879532 - 03/06/05 07:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

about 3 weeks ago alot of shrooms came through, homegrown of course, and everyone and their mom called them hydro. Being the most educated (drug wise) of my friends and peers, I tried to correct them and explain that hydro just means homegrown, because it is impossible to grow shrooms in water. They never belived me. They also swore up and down that they saw a bunch of elves stealing cars n shit when they tripped... i need new friends.

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: "hydro-shrooms" a matter of semantics (but YES, they are better) [Re: SirRobin]
    #3879763 - 03/06/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hydro = grown in nutrient solution.

I guess in some stages the mycelium might be in like a nutrient suspension depending on the grower, but casings involve soil, and cakes involve solid things like verm, so no such thing as hydroponic shrooms. But I can see the term "hydro" being pinned on them because of the elaborate setups. IMO anyone who says "these are HYDROPONIC shrooms man" would be the same person saying "This is DOUBLE-DIPPED man". In both cases they likely have no idea as to how the substance was made.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix