Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
joy...a skill or a reflex?
    #3874690 - 03/05/05 08:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The positive feelings, serenity, feeling filled with life, and general joy over being alive...

In you personal opinion and philosophy, are they a reflex, a conditioned reaction to stimuli, or a skill that can be learned?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: joy...a skill or a reflex? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3874908 - 03/05/05 09:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

In my personal experience, primarily they are a skill that can be learned, but sometimes (:mushroom2:) they are reactions to external stimuli.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: joy...a skill or a reflex? [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3875350 - 03/05/05 11:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, joy as a characteristic consisting of: positive feelings, serenity, feeling filled with life... is a state of mind.

Many schools/trains of thought suggest that is a learned behavior, others consider it in terms of associations.

For me it's a state, I don't particular associate said feelings with a stimulus, nor do I gain such a reaction from a stimulus. (Don't know how much sense this makes) I associate it with a state of being, and that is the essence of how I feel.

Although, I've known many others, and most react to the feeling in regards to situations and objects. I.E. Sue's parents bought her a care, she is overjoyed by the fact that she has it. Where my state is that wow... it's just a car.

Although not always the case, I'm essentially suggesting that is all of the above, the difference is dependant on the person relating to the experience with one predominant influence (as to their general response)... of course responding to other forms as well.

Are they a reflex or a conditioned reaction to stimuli? Aren't those one in the same philosophically? The only difference of the fact of matter relying to the degree that we are unaware of the cause (reflex being that).

I'd thumb it down to a learned behavior in way of socialization (overall). That is the feeling of joy being associated primarily with success and/or achievment rather then a state of mind (in a loose sense, e.g. people don't experience perma-joy.. some do, but they're outsane).

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: joy...a skill or a reflex? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3875460 - 03/06/05 12:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

joy - side effect of absorption
cultivated and natural

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order