Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid.
    #3874177 - 03/05/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

i thought youall should know.
after blowing glass i realised that doubble or tripple blowing glass would do nothing but make it weaker so i was wondering what the story on it was, turns out that its just a bullshit sales dealy

http://p211.ezboard.com/fartglasspipemakerspipemakersforum.showMessage?topicID=9785.topic

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
Re: Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3874187 - 03/05/05 06:56 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

What about INSIDE-OUT glass, a gimmick too yes?

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid. [Re: Its Pat]
    #3874202 - 03/05/05 06:59 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

no its not, inside out glass is actually a technique although its name is slightly misleading.

one would thing that a pipe was turned inside out and thats how the color got on the inside, but in actuality it is laid on the inside of the glass to start, leaving a smooth and clear layer of usually thick glass on the outside.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3874287 - 03/05/05 07:13 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

yea, you make like a funnel out of a tube of glass, and put color and whatnot inside the funnel, and then melt the funnel bback to tube shape, then into pipe shape. ...

zippoz, fuming and clear are the absolulte best way to get inside out down..... flare the end, then fume the hell out of the inside, and then dot it with clear, somewhat big dots, and then close it... heat from the outside of the glass to not burn all the fuming away, and you'll be set

One important thing about inside out work (as you might have figured out from regular work) is that the flame will go thru the open end, INSTANTLY heating the point you pullled  to an extremely high temperature, and sometimes shooting flames out the end where you would blow normaly, well, with insided out work, it happens al the time... so get a bunch of corks from the hardware store, same pull out trays as the screws and whatnot, and stick that into the blow tube. You might have to cut the cork down a bit to fit... but this is how you keep from burning yourself... :lol:

btw, wha'ts the worste you've burned yourself?

mine was this one time, i had a carbon rod that had been red hot, for some reason, and i set it down, and went to grab a rod of clear, and it was dark in the shop (bad lighting in the back of the bus at first) and my fingers touched the carbon rod i set down 5 seconds earlier (it wasnt red hot right then, but really close)... and i got it about 2 inches  off the ground and it occoured to me, as i heard the sizzle of my skin, that  that shit was hot.  wierd thing about burns, is that the surface of your skin get's a 3rd degree burn instantly, while the rest is fine, maybe with a 2nd degree burn under it, but it dont really hurt unless heat is applied to it.. cause it cant, it's dead skin.... gettin burned sucks...

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid. [Re: Phychotron]
    #3874367 - 03/05/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

there is no sales gimmick to "double blown" glass. "Doubel Blown" is a term used to describe a heavy or thick piece. Its much easier to say double blown than this piece is very very thick. Anyone who is into glass or making glass will know that double blown is pretty much a slang term for a thick piece. I dont know a single blower who wouldnt know that, but if your not really into it its a good piece of information.

its not a gimmick its just something not often clarified (also do you know how hard it is for a manufacturer or distributor to keep track of pipes by weight?????? One of the ways we do that is by labeling the very thick ones "double blown.")

:peace: :peace: :peace:

In conclusion: If a pipe is labeled "double blown" it means its very thick.

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Re: Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid. [Re: infamous]
    #3874393 - 03/05/05 07:32 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

and the only thing that makes inside out glass slightly misleading is people getting technical and saying well "technically" its not inside out. Anyone with brains can tell the pipe isnt "inside out" its a term used to describe how the pipe looks and feels. :peace:

--------------------

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid. [Re: infamous]
    #3874477 - 03/05/05 07:49 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

really, inside out should be called 'outside in"

and i've never heard anyone use the term 'double blown'... where are ya'al from? cause i know people on the east coast dont know what a chillum is a lot of times. they call it somehting else... something stupid.

--------------------

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid. [Re: Phychotron]
    #3874510 - 03/05/05 07:55 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

The worest I burned myself was.. well I worked with glass for a few very stoned months last year, and forget a lot. However, it was a shop of cool rainbow kids who mainly made pipes and dread beads and pendants, and that sort of thing for local headshops, so they had a few good torches.

I was making a few mushrooms beads to make into necklaces and make some cash when I was doing a reach for to put the punny on to make the loop when I looked at the wall for some reason and put my arm in the torch for a second. It took about 1/2 second to realize.. And well, OW.

I kept working for a few hours, because it didn't hurt to badly and smoked a few more pipes, and OW, the next few weeks really hurt.

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid. [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #3874751 - 03/05/05 08:47 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

as of yet i havent burned myself that badly, i have pretty quick reflexes, but a very bad memory. a few of my burns are as follows...
one putting a hot end of a blow point in my mouth!
grabbing hot carbon rods, espeically that little one!
grabbing freshly pulled points where they meet the tube!

oh and if youre blowing with a hoodie, once i had a piece of glass fly into my poclet red hot. had to dig it out or set on fire.... luckily it didnt burn too bad

well most people i try and sell to citch about doubble blown glass and what not, i thought it might have been some sort of technique for encasments, but apparently not. its just a marketing term for think glass, all im tryin to say

and as for the

--------------------
PEACE

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3875251 - 03/05/05 10:52 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

yes i think were just looking at it from two different points, you were looking at it from a technique standpoint and I from a selling standpoint. :peace:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#3875276 - 03/05/05 11:00 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

well actually iw as looking at it from a pissed off selling point
i dont want to be spreading the rumor of doubble blown glass, but at the same time if i dont say mine is i dont sell it

these damn gangster kids at the parties im selin at never listen...

--------------------
PEACE

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3875292 - 03/05/05 11:07 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

theres the problem, gangster kids (aka dumbasses,dumb fucks,retards.)

im not saying your wrong about it but im saying its not meant as something to be taken as a blowing technique its meant to describe the pieces weight,feel.:peace:

--------------------

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3875294 - 03/05/05 11:08 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

theres no rumor just a misconception.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #3875295 - 03/05/05 11:08 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

infamous said:
double blown is pretty much a slang term for a thick piece. I dont know a single blower who wouldnt know that

it's a sales gimmic, glass blowers dont buy pipes and in stores they say 'double blown' as opposed to extra thick or double thick.

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Re: Doubble blown glass is a sales gimic. kinda like doubble dipped acid. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3875329 - 03/05/05 11:19 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

you repeated what i said.

--------------------

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3875336 - 03/05/05 11:21 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

"in stores they say 'double blown' as opposed to extra thick or double thick."

i just said manufacturers and distributors use it.

--------------------

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3875450 - 03/06/05 12:07 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

one time i was working a piece, and the point cracked off, and it stayed iin my hand, but the hot tube fell on the table and rolled into my lap instantly, my shirt flaried up with fire, and thier's now a big ass hole right there... it's a work shirt, and it didnt go thru my pants at all, but it was a close one... ...

my cousin had a hot piece of glass pop off (dont know how) and it landed right between the eyes, and left a big square burn on his forehead... it was all sick lookin, causee it bulged and it was just nasty

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#3875457 - 03/06/05 12:12 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

so since all of the glass blowers are here in this thread :smile: i was wondering, can you get different colors fuming with silver? i seem to be able to get a gold and a silver looking fume but i have no idea how to controll it, any advise??
also how do i burn it off after i dotted the clear over it?

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

#3875538 - 03/06/05 12:40 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

just out of curoisity, where do all the flameworkers live? I live by philly. I haven't been behind a torch in about 10 months, but I know a few pipemakers in my area.

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3875555 - 03/06/05 12:45 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Phychotron said:
really, inside out should be called 'outside in"

and i've never heard anyone use the term 'double blown'... where are ya'al from? cause i know people on the east coast dont know what a chillum is a lot of times. they call it somehting else... something stupid.

a pinchie? that's what I hear people call em

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom