Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaptainCrunch
Contrary ToPopular Belief

Loc: Somwhere Over the rainbow
North texas mushrooms, or lack there of
    #3870343 - 03/04/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is my first actual post on this site but i have watched and learned alot about mushrooms from this site. I live in north texas and have wanted to find some shrooms for a while.. had a couple dumb ass screw ups like picking up any mushroom hopeing it was something.. as we all have when we first start out.. but after a year of learning about mushrooms i really want to trip... Suprisingly enough i have done quiet a bit of drugs but never stumbled across mushrooms.. Dealers try to say there shrooms are "hydro ponic", and they rip people of by selling them for 20 dollars a gram, so i came to the conclusion im better off picking them than paying a pickle puffing drug dealer.. But to get to the point i have read many of the post on texas and most people say its impossible to find shrooms in north texas or very unlikely.. Of course the strain im looking for is P. Cubenis.. I have a cow field that is right out side my house so im within walking distance. Today i decided i would find shrooms and i came up empty handed what a fucking surprise.But i never really searched deep into the field the farmers house is in eye distance, so i lined the outer edge finding absolutly nothing.. And that leads me to my next adventure in this field, About 9 months ago in june the bright idea to search this field once again popped up in my mind and so i searched the field, what i was told at one point in time is that shrooms grow under cow shit, call it "shit kicking". I dont think this is true, correct me if im wrong but shrooms grow towards light and there for they cannot grow under shit.. anyway I was searching the field right after a decent rain and two decent size mushrooms were standing on top of some cow shit.. The mushrooms i beilive, it was dark though so im not sure, were white, pure white and so i discounted them and left the field empty handed.. Now looking at picture and discriptions of mushrooms it looked like an amita and i was wondering its possible for any type of amanita to grow in cow shit or not. Which leads me to my next question how do i properly identify if my field is productive or not what i mean is how can i be forsure if my field will not produce p cubenis..Well i read post and they said wait ten days after a rain and so i did and it was 60 degrees today humidy 70%, sunny it was nice.(By the way im not asking for the best weather conditions im just stating the condition of the enviroment and the field)... Back to the mushroom i saw, i cant be sure it was an amanita but thats what it looked like. So for all, you, or i, know it could have been an amanita or a p cubenis.. do and cubes grow a pure white cap stalk everything? if so i could be wrong but i never got really to close to look at the cap either..Im new to shrooming and want to start hunting, any comments, or tips, on this would be nice. Thanks

Edited by CaptainCrunch (03/04/05 09:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: North texas mushrooms, or lack there of [Re: CaptainCrunch]
    #3870600 - 03/04/05 10:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Amanitas don't grow from dung. In the dark, a light colored P. cubensis could look white I suppose. My advise to you is to pick the mushrooms you find growing directly from cow pies, make spore prints, and describe your finds here. As for shrooms growing under cow pies, I didn't think this phenomenon was possible either until MJ posted some pictures of it. I think you're better off looking for ones growing out the top however.

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
Re: North texas mushrooms, or lack there of [Re: shroomydan]
    #3872356 - 03/05/05 09:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes- It couldve been a cube-- Orr maybe a cope- cause those can get pretty white-  like these i found in Oct for ex.-

i dont think you can ever be " for sure " your field will produce- Just keep looking because With my latest cube finds I realized that mush growth widely varies from field to field-  I looked in 2 fields with no Mush- before I found the mush in the third one-  So dont just stick to one field if you have a choice.

How far North are you anyways- that Could be a big factor in why you havent found any actives  :mushroom2:

Edited by cube428 (03/05/05 09:34 AM)

OfflineCaptainCrunch

Re: North texas mushrooms, or lack there of [Re: cube428]
    #3872486 - 03/05/05 10:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am just north of dallas... And i have found mushrooms growth in this field but i was never experienced enough to know what kind.. When i do find mushrooms wich i have seen in this field from time to time mainly in late april to june... i will get a spore print and pictures, to properly identify them. i know people say its not likely to find shrooms in north texas.. But how many types of shrooms, in the south, can grow out of cow shit, and be white is basicly my question. i know it cant be that many.. I will keep looking its a warm day today and i think ill go out and look some more.. on more odd thing i found out there from time to time, is a little, very tiny blueish shrooms maybe half a inch long with a smaller cap, growing on the sides of cow shit. they looked dead though... Anyway thanks for the advice.b

Edited by CaptainCrunch (03/05/05 10:49 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3872801 - 03/05/05 12:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Cube428,

your iamge looks to be Panaeolus antillarum and it is not active.

mj

good luck and have a shroomy day

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: North texas mushrooms, or lack there of [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3873225 - 03/05/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

MJ- I think they are indeed copes- Maybe not- but I remember almost everything i picked in Oct/Nov stained blue like these lil babies

and with the clearer more viscid stem compared to that of the antillarums thicker and whiter stem seen here with the more jet black gills

thats just my .02 , lemme know what you think MJ

OfflineCaptainCrunch

#3873254 - 03/05/05 02:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

b
bbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Edited by CaptainCrunch (03/05/05 06:45 PM)

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3873467 - 03/05/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

MJ , I see how you would think they are antillarum.. But i think there is a real problem with distinguising the two, Sometimes-- While other times you can tell right off the bat if its a cope or a ant. Dont you think? Because I think that pic looks a lot more like them than Ythans pic o the month on the front page

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3876738 - 03/06/05 10:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

b
bbbbbbbbbbb? huh? you lost me

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: North texas mushrooms, or lack there of [Re: shroomydan]
    #3880168 - 03/06/05 09:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

lol

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

Offlineclergh
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8361623 - 05/04/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Paul Stamets has published an excellent ID guide called "Psilocybin Mushrooms Of The World." It cannot be overemphasized that one should do plenty of homework and preparation before deciding to embark on a fungal foray. Nothing incriminating in the car. Ask permission from ranchers before jumping the barbed-wire and getting buckshot projected into your running anus. Let them know you are a student and are collecting wild specimens for your project. Provide the student ID or typed letter from your professor, if possible. The same care applies to the dosing itself. Know your surroundings. Know your state of mind. Know your self. Be mindful of your dosage and those of the less-experienced, if you are chaperoning. It never hurts to have a good intention in mind before you journey, even if that is to do absolutely nothing but allow the medicine to do it's work.

If you've stayed with me this far, you have earned your treat. Two words. Van, Texas.

Enjoy : )

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck