Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
OBE's
    #387342 - 09/06/01 10:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

recently ive read alot about astral projection, and obe's, now i am just wondering because this sounds so astoundingly out there, im wondering why ive never heard of this before? the ability to travel on this astral plane is something i am going to get into, i tried it last night but i didnt break. does anybody have anything they could tell be about this? anything and everything you know, and im also wondering, is there scientific proof behind this???

somehow, my thoughts are more insane than the mind they spawn from

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
Re: OBE's [Re: MANNALORD]
    #387653 - 09/07/01 03:25 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

There is a CIA opperative whose function within our national security it to astrally project for the purpose of locating missing/hidden kidnapped diplomats and other government officials. I think is was Discovery or TLC that described his ability/manuver in returning from a projection with the name on the street sign, a general description of the area sufficient to properly identfy where, and the missing person's location as being on the second floor of a particular building. In a surprise retreval rescue, he was found and returned.

I've done it unassisted by drugs or willful intention twice. The experience is like a lucid dream where the objects of the dream (I was not consciously awake) are, in fact, the objects of the here and now (or there and now). A problem encountered was seperating these objects from internal archetypal superimpositions which caused a morphing effect on the surrounding environment. I have no skill at this and seemingly no control over it.

My take on astral projection in dreaming is not that we are alseep as in under the effects of an anesthesia, but rather consciously "tuned into" a differing aspect of the space/time continuum that is called the astral plane. I sometimes ponder who's watching who?

Eat 'em Alive and Love IT to Death

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

Invisiblemr crisper

#388340 - 09/08/01 12:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

it s happened to me on a few trips and a number of times straight.
i did a monthly series of 5g strocub, 3g rue, trips last year always alone overnight at home.
they turned into a series of training courses, on topics like the veils of illusion, love, evolution...one trip focused on leaving from and returning to the meat.
try this...dark room, a decent dose...sit still, eyes shut. focus your mind on the shrooms in your stomach, decomposing see them breaking up being absorbed into your bloodstream, keep focusing until you are seeing the shrooms as chemical structures, geometric shapes. at this point you may feel an incredible stillness, what happens next is up to you. this is a very good method to quell nausea too.
try this - sit still etc, focus your hearing on a repetitive constant sound, air con, fridge, fan. zoom in on the point where the sound is being created, the point where two pieces of metal are rubbing together and sound waves are created. that point of where energy is being transformed is a gateway for your mind to slip thru, jump in and see what you find.
if you chant you can enter (or exit if u like) at the point in your throat where the soundwaves are being formed.

if you feel like something or someone is pulling you out of your body, get up take a piss, have a drink and then try again, doing something physical earths you and breaks the hold. old yoga books recommend stamping your feet.

for me, returning is like doing a high dive into a bucket of jelly, something like a falling dream when you wake up as you hit the deck. guess it takes practice to return gracefully.

one strange point is that you dont need to breathe when you are out, i used to panic about it but its cool, the body carries on quite happily without ones clucky guidance. the stillness without that constant rhythm of breathing is startling.

hope this helps

Offline~`Tursiops truncatus`~
enthusiast

Loc: CO... UsA
Re: OBE's [Re: mr crisper]
    #389957 - 09/10/01 05:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hehe thats funny I was just thinking about how strange the feeling would be to not be able to breathe, or not needing to breathe.

The only proof you need is your own experience. Just don't think it will happen like 'Snap' I'm Out of body! who knows it might take days weeks months even years to have your first conscious OBE, but I'm sure once you do succeed in leaving the body it will become easier and easier each time.

Whoops my gun. . .

OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
Re: OBE's [Re: ~`Tursiops truncatus`~]
    #390674 - 09/10/01 10:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

astral projection, its real, amazing, ill keep trying

somehow, my thoughts are more insane than the mind they spawn from

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #391923 - 09/12/01 02:10 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It appears most OBEers/APers say that when you're a child, it's really easy to do it. When you get past adolescence, the degree of difficulty is more.

Mannalord: astraldynamics.com is a g ood place for information. The owner and author (astral dynamics) is Robert Bruce, who is also a great APer. He can pretty much OBE in waking state at will. He wrote the OBE/AP treaty I and II as an introduction to the subject. Brain wave entrainment is a supportive tool in producing OBEs. You can check his website's link for the maker (BMV) of such products. The maker uses binaural technology in various frequencies to entrain the brain.

Other types of entrainment is the mind machines (using LIght and sound). With any commercial products (binaural technology) there is no statistiscal analysis of its effectiveness, just anecdotal testimonials. So far, from what I gleaned from EEG biofeedback and EDS [electroencephalogram driven stimulation], (another type of brain wave entrainment, it's a hit-and-miss with these products (mind machines, and binaural beats). Neurofeedback and EDS (known as Interactive Light therapy) much fairs better because:

1. It has been proven to work with patients (ADD, depression, CFS, etc..)
2. clinical studies have been done (search engines will show you plenty on this subject)
3. YOur brain waves is monitored at realtime (EEG) and can be adjusted with entrainment (EDS)

This clinical technique involves training pretty much any of your brainwaves (beta1, beta2, smr, alpha, theta, delta). Depending on the client's needs, it's mostly concentrated on beta1 and smr training.

Of course, this method has little to do with AP/OBE, but possibly it can induce spontaneous occurances. The only achilles is the huge cost (of thousands) in training the client. I only mentioned it because I'm making a speculative correlation with the prefrontal cortex functioning in meditation, shamanic experiences, AP/OBE. it has to do with concentration, focus, and attention to certain tasks. Beta1/SMR normally operate in the prefrontal for such attentional tasks. So even when an APer is in a trance or has exited, this cortex should still show bursts of brainwave activity of Beta1/SMR, while the other systems of the brain has 'quiet' down to lower frequency ranges of alpha, theta, delta.

So if entering trance-state is difficult or the success rate is not admirable, or while in OBE - objects change or morph - it means the the prefrontal is not stable with Beta1/SMR bursts. Need more power! :o)

Here's an article on neurtheology:
http://star.arm.ac.uk/~mdm/Heretic/religion.htm

it talks about the neuronal activity of the prefrontal cortex, and other systems of the brain 'loosening' the the connection with each other in meditation (with tibetan buddhists) and in prayer (nuns). the article does not mention anything about brainwaves but does say high neuronal activity was evident in this cortex. And I bet you my piggy-bank, it's beta1/SMR driven, sustained concentrated bursts that's higher than the other brainwaves.

Anyways, enough of my quacking..

My final words: nutrition. Learn it, use it, It forms the basis of life.

|For Twilight

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology