Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Mary J
    #3873411 - 03/05/05 05:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i know this would be better addressed at overgrow but i don't have an account there...so, if i germinated some seeds today and planted them when they sprout in my closet with a flouro light on 18/6 could i move them outdoors in a couple weeks (northern hemisphere). i know the light is increasing day by day but would the shock of 18/6 to nearly 12/12 induce flowering by june? i should have done this before today but the idea just hit me.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: Mary J [Re: TODAY]
    #3873422 - 03/05/05 05:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, if the light cycle goes from 18/6 to 12/12, they will go to flowering.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: Mary J [Re: theocean06]
    #3873440 - 03/05/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, but even if light is increasing steadily each day until the summer solstice? wouldn't it start to flower then revert to veg again as the days get increasingly longer?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Offlinetheocean06

#3873448 - 03/05/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, it will screw with your plant though. You'll end up with a smaller yield since the plant has to go to flowering, then revert back to it's vegetative stage, and then to flowering when the hours of light decreases again.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#3873459 - 03/05/05 05:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well, the project must be complete by june b/c i leave my place mid june. hmmm...any idea how much flouro wattage is required to produce a small, heavily pruned plant in a closet setting? maybe indoors is the best way to go. No HID lights for this project, just a cutty flouro in a reflective box operation me thinks.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Offlinetheocean06

#3873477 - 03/05/05 05:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you are using fluorescent lighting, why do you care about sunlight? When you say northern hemisphere, just how far north are you? MJ in the US will not finish up in June, and you'd have to pretty far north if you live Canada. Maybe I'm confused here, cause you talk about the fluorescent light, then the summer solstice and June. I get the impression you're doing an outdoor grow, and starting them indoors.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#3873747 - 03/05/05 06:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i was gonna start seedlings under flouro then put them outside so i don't have to deal w/ all the shit that goes along with indoor...plus my roommate can't know.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #3873867 - 03/05/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What are the day/night times outdoors where you live right now? Try to match that with your fluoros, or just leave the plants in a window sill if possible...then when your plants go outdoors they will for sure be getting a longer light period, until the days start changing shorter. I'm really not sure how precise cannabis's photo period sensing is...right now is about the spring equinox right? I think if you start those seeds right now, let them go for a couple weeks indoors (keep your lights pretty close to them after the first week or so) and then put them out, they will be fine.. just make sure that your area is past it's regular last frost date.

I'm not sure if you're saying you have to get it outdoors by june or if you have to harvest by june. if you have to harvest by june then you'll definately need to grow it indoors, and you'll need to get started fast, especially if it turns out those seeds are sativa because the flowering times on sativas can be LONG..10 weeks or more sometimes. rule of thumb states that you'll need at least 25 watts of light per square foot... twice that is much better.

Edited by lackobreath (03/05/05 07:50 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: Mary J [Re: lackobreath]
    #3874228 - 03/05/05 09:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thanks. i'm actually very familiar with cultivating marijuana as i have a few outdoor geurilla style grows under my belt. i'd have to harvest by mid june so i doubt outdoors will work. well, i guess i'm gonna have to get me some reflecto shit and something to hide the plant or two (can't 50/50 the chance of getting a female). i'll have to grab another flouro or two also. or i wait till summer and put them out for the fall. hmmm...i think i want pot asap. lol.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3875351 - 03/06/05 01:26 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You could shade your crop with a black tarp to induce flowering. Not too sure how long your flowering period is, but say its an average 8 weeks. If you put them outside in April and begin to shade, then they will continue to flower, not re-veg at all and be ready by June. A smaller crop obviously, but a crop none the less. Happy gardening :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Mary J [Re: Kerr]
    #3875370 - 03/06/05 01:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Is it true you can get "femenized" seeds? My friend who claims to know shitloads about growing weed(he seems to know a shitload) says he can get femenized seeds from the internet. He tends to think along the lines of "how shit works" as opposed to "why shit works" he's smart as fuck, but he's dumb as hell.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Offlinetheocean06

Re: Mary J [Re: shroommachine]
    #3875380 - 03/06/05 01:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, you can buy them on the internet, but they can still go hermie on you. There is even a very slight chance they can go male. It's not as perfect as it sounds.

--------------------

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #3875438 - 03/06/05 02:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Feminised seeds are also generally much more expensive... I believe they treat them with some sort of hormone, but I'm not entirely sure. and as theocean said, they can go hermie which can stress the plant and pollinate other plants in your grow area.

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
    #3876123 - 03/06/05 05:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What you need to do is veg the plants indoors until the days outside are
longer than 12/12. Then you can put them outdoors and let them veg under
the sun for a couple months, get tree-like. Once the days return to 12/12 the magic begins,
and it'll only few months wait til' you'll be tasting your harvest.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden