Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinebigD
Stranger
SALVIA QUESTION
    #3872473 - 03/05/05 10:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i read that you can take a salvia leaf and chew it for a while then swallow it and still get the effects but they come on slower and the last longer. is this true? has anybody tried this? if so what was it like?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: SALVIA QUESTION [Re: bigD]
    #3872626 - 03/05/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is called a quid.  You basically roll up 8-12 moistened, average sized leaves, and chew them slowly over a period of a half hour or so without swallowing.  The main active chemical in Salvia, Salvinorin A, is absorbed in your mouth and under your tongue.  Swallowing this quid is not much help because your stomach will absorb little to no Salvinorin A.  The effects produced by this method come on by the time you are finished chewing the quid, can last up to a few hours, and are less intense than smoking most leaf or extract.  You will just feel relaxed, a little dizzy, maybe giggly and spaced out.  As far as I know you can't really get any visuals by chewing a Salvia quid.

I chew Salvia quids every once in a while before bed, helps bring me down.

Have a happy day!  :cool:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: SALVIA QUESTION [Re: ]
    #3873069 - 03/05/05 01:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you can swallow the juice - & it will work much better if you do swallow the juice - more absorptive surface occurs along the digestive track than just in the mouth.

HOWEVER you need to chew very well
swallowing slightly chewed leaves does not work since the salvinorin (a waxy crystal) will adhere to the leaf and pass through the system like roughage.

erroneously - failed experiments - of swallowing capsulized or chunk pure salvinorin - were interepreted to say it is inactive in the gut or inactivated by stomache acids, but subsequent analysis makes it clear that the waxy crystal needs to be coaxed to the membranes to be absorbed, and chewing is great for this, alternatively, native mexicans pounded the leaf to a pulp and made a drink which they swallowed and it worked well.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Anonymous

Re: SALVIA QUESTION [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3873270 - 03/05/05 02:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting! That's some good info. I stand corrected.

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: SALVIA QUESTION [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3874159 - 03/05/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Redgreenvines, You seem to know your shit when it comes to salvia.
Could you use a carrier liquid? A beverage that would help breakdown the wax?

Salvia vodka?

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: SALVIA QUESTION [Re: cricket]
    #3874273 - 03/05/05 07:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

A mixture of menthol and alcohol (for example minty listerine) is said to increase sublingual absorption. Also if you scrape away dead skin under your tongue (with a toothbrush for example) that could also help.

The Salvia divinorum User's Guide

I would really really like to try a pure salvia drink.

My experience with the quid technique gave me a very clear mind and maybe slightly impaired motor coordination.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: SALVIA QUESTION [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3876403 - 03/06/05 07:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

cricket, sure you can add to the drink, but you probably don't want too much dynamic fluid, a bit of alcohol is ok and may aid absorption, the rest should be something you like to drink that is not likely to upset your constitution.

again oral use takes about 20 times as much of the sacrament

due to the absorption profile, in which lungs absorb lots of the vapor fast, and gut absorbs less of a more concentrated form more slowly due to smaller actual area of contact, oral works and is interesting but might be construed as wasteful.

adjust, the lore at sagewisdom is full of wise cautions but also full of mis-information especially WRT oral consumption and WRT torches and when it is appropriate to use them and why (torches are not necessary for vaporization and there is certainly no such thing as an activation temperature) - IMO you should not change your oral hygeine at all with this, the oral cavity will never absorb salvinorin as fast as the lung due to less surface area.

for the drink use as much as you used in your quid, and blend the bejeesus out of it (if only you had a vitamixer (it can chop wood or make a milkshake))

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1