Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
NEW san pedro/trichocereus sp. poll
    #3857892 - 03/02/05 03:19 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

okay here is the same poll redone...

Remember to state the variety and dosage you use(d) and give any advice that comes to mind...
Which variety of cacti have you used?
You may choose many
Which methods have you used to conume?
You may choose many
Which variety would you say is more potent
You may choose only one
Which method would you say is better?
You may choose only one
How would you rate your trips?
You may choose only one
Would you do it again?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/02/05 03:17 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: NEW san pedro/trichocereus sp. poll [Re: dr0mni]
    #3861688 - 03/03/05 09:33 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

okay, numbers are slowly building, but it'd be nice if we could get some dosages and recommendations...

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

#3865102 - 03/03/05 09:09 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Is the diarhea really that bad when taken in capsules?

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3865338 - 03/03/05 09:56 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
Is the diarhea really that bad when taken in capsules?

The thing is that, cactus is by design, meant to hold in water. When you ingest 30- 70 dry grams of cactus, it has the potential to swell back up to 300 -700 grams of slimy green goo once it absorbs the liquid in your stomach. If you've never cut into a cactus and felt the slimyness of the liquid or felt the slickness of reconstituted cactus, believe me it is really slippery. When that rehydrated cactus slime gets ready to exit your body, so must you be.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#3865418 - 03/03/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
okay, numbers are slowly building, but it'd be nice if we could get some dosages and recommendations...

I posted this in the first poll thread which is dead now so I'm bringing it on over.

Quote:

My most experience is with an alcohol extraction. I've always tried to make my doses of crude alcohol extracted mescaline be from 50 grams of dried peruvian torch. The effects are a great whole body relaxation combined with swirling patterns moving across everything along with a shading of green and red colors.

My least liked method was ground dried peruvian torch stuffed into capsules. I would have to consume 60 or 70 capsules to get the effect I was after. The dry material would expand greatly inside my stomach, causing me to feel bloated and very uncomfortable. The trip was pretty good and I had a good time for the most part, but I payed out the ass for it the next day, literally. Each time I did this I ended up on the shitter all of the next day. I couldn't leave the house.

Extraction is the best although I've only experienced marginal effects from it. I extracted 600 mg from 55 grams powdered peruvian torch. I strongly believe that there could have been more if the extraction jar hadn't have broken. I only got to do two pulls off of it. I gave 400 mg to a friend for Christmas and tested out 200 mg for myself. I had a very nice smooth experience of rather short duration. After which I drifted off into sleep. My friend reported very good visuals accompanied by a euphoria that could rival X.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinedjdreamer
Stranger
Re: NEW san pedro/trichocereus sp. poll [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3865642 - 03/03/05 11:06 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Ekstaza, how do you usually extract with alcohol? I have tried to look for information but can't find any. Do some alcohols work better than others? Some more info on your preparation would be awesome.

General question, what is the thing with aluminum ware when making a tea? Most online preparations say not to use aluminum. I have prepared tea a couple of times and always end up with a mild dose. Might the aluminum pot I use interfere with the alkaloids? My aluminum pot was cheap so I bought it. Anyone have any success with aluminum or is aluminum a poor choice?

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: NEW san pedro/trichocereus sp. poll [Re: djdreamer]
    #3868869 - 03/04/05 04:13 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

ow about trying a simple alcohol extraction.

All you have to do is soak the cactus powder in a high concentration alcohol for about 24 hrs, drain and save the alcohol, soak once or twice more saving the alcohol each time, and then evaporate the alcohol off.

It is a simple process that requires only a few days for soaking and then a day or so for evaporation. You should end up with thick tar-like substance that is extremely bitter. The bitterness is from the alkaloids so it is a welcome taste.

As long as you use grain alcohol there are no worries of any contamination being left in the finished product that will harm you.

I generally go with about 50 dry gram/person. 100 grams is a good easily manageable amount to work with each time. The finished product is then split 50/50 between two people.

The taste is bad but a glass of water will wash it away easily.

I don't know about the aluminum, except that it will react with HCL acid.

--------------------

OfflineMaverik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: West
    #3869544 - 03/04/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

There are a few things that I see that aren't really accounted for in the poll. "best method of ingesting" is hard to say. The quality of the experiance is MUCH better with tea/syrup than it is with a pure mesc. extraction. However the taste of tea/syrup is ungodly vile. I dont have any experience with Ekstaza's method but the fact that it likely pulls across most of the synergistic alkaloids and not just the mesc. certainly merits further investigation. As far as which variety is most potent ... that's going to vary from one plant to another. I believe both T. peruvianus and T. bridgesii "can" be more potent than T. pachanoi but it seems their content is more variable. There are several positive reports so far that indicate T. bridgesii may be seriously potent but right now the literature doesn't really set it apart.

--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: NEW san pedro/trichocereus sp. poll [Re: Maverik]
    #3871270 - 03/05/05 12:23 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Well I've never tried the cactus myself, so I was just trying to gather general info as a newbie...

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

#3871286 - 03/05/05 12:25 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

And somehow, the questions in my poll got their order reversed. WTF!?

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #3871379 - 03/05/05 12:51 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

I think the best way to consume a cactus would be to strip off the thin layer of hard skin that covers the outer most green flesh. When that thin hard covering is off then slice the green flesh just where it turns to pale yellowish colour. Then it eat raw like a vegetable. Tea and juice is the absolute worst in my opinion...its almost like smollowing mucus :puke:

this is all my theory of course :wink:

OfflineMaverik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: NEW san pedro/trichocereus sp. poll [Re: Blu Spore]
    #3873516 - 03/05/05 03:57 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Boiling longer or better yet pressure cooking gets rid of the "snot" consistancy. No way I could eat 2 feet of cactus but drinking several ounces is doable. Sorry dr0mni, I hope that didn't come across as critical. Good poll, I was just providing some additional info. :smile:

--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

#3875617 - 03/06/05 01:04 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Don't worry, no offense taken. I really just want to know how I can eat my cactus and have a worthwhile experiance. I heard that boiling can destroy some of the alkaloids, but is it really that much? How much of a T. Peruvianus is a good dosage for and average to intense trip? I've heard about a foot, but won't this vary with your method? At first I was thinking about doing capsules, but I don't want the digesting of the cactus to ruin the experiance.

Wow, I sound like an annoying newbie! Now someone just has to tell me to quit asking questions that be found in other threads or the FAQ!

OfflineMaverik
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3883324 - 03/07/05 03:47 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Boiling doesn't cause any harm if care is taken. If you over-cook the syrup you can degrade the mescaline. As it condenses, the syrup gets hotter as the water is driven off. This is because sugars have a higher boiling point than water. Proceed slower as it gets thicker. A double boiler is best for this. its really hard to measure in inches, because the thickness of the cacti changes how much that is an awful lot. 12" is a minimum amount. 30-40g of dried peruvianus is said to be effective as well. Alot of people experience serious discomfort as capsules expand in their stomach. Cacti hold several times their weight in water and the dried tissue rehydrates in your stomach. I've never done it but it doesn't sound pleasant.

--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#3883719 - 03/07/05 05:37 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Maverik said:
... The quality of the experiance is MUCH better with tea/syrup than it is with a pure mesc. extraction. However the taste of tea/syrup is ungodly vile. I dont have any experience with Ekstaza's method but the fact that it likely pulls across most of the synergistic alkaloids and not just the mesc....

This is something that I have been thinking about since I got the report back from my friend about just how good the extracted mescaline pills were in comparison to my alcohol extracted tar.

He said that he greatly appreciated that he didn't have to taste the goo, but that he didn't experience as intense visual effects with the pure mescaline as he did with the tar.

It must be noted that, with the tar, dosage was not at all exact. The tar from 50 dried grams could be from 150mg to 1000mg depending on the strength of the cactus or what part of the dried cactus was dried and used.

--------------------

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #3886590 - 03/08/05 09:37 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Mescaline is a good drug.  Small doses are empathic and calming with slight altered sense of reality.  Large doses are fully hallucinogenic and one experiences alien mental artifacts and synchronicity, as well as deep empathic knowledge of oneself and others, possibly bordering on the psychic.

Here's my method, for the intrepid only, who is used to slogging horrible tasting medicaments, because of the love of alkaloids.  For me, my physiology craves alkaloids. Even small doses, or even the taste is like mother's milk to my nervous system.  But then again I just detoxed from 3 years heavy Pod Tea usage, which took every bit of will power that I never had.  So eating cacti after three years of drinking pod tea is not too hard.  But then again, I got used to Pod T, and even liked and craved it.  I like bitter things. And this is a must. 

I despine and skin my cacti, then cut the core out and make it into 1/2 inch thick strips.  I let them dry for a day and the water content comes out, and then there is much less matter to ingest.  It's simply a matter of chewing and letting the bitter pellotine and mescaline suffuse the senses. If one becomes one with the flavor then it ceases to exist.

Here's what the strips look like before drying. 

Cramming them into the mouth and guzzling something sweet after takes a mere twenty minutes with little prep and much reward.  Though disgusting, it is better for the body then smoking a joint.  My two piase.

:crazy2:

--------------------
...or something

OfflineMaverik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: NEW san pedro/trichocereus sp. poll [Re: eve69]
    #3888520 - 03/08/05 05:07 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

That's definately not one for the timid. Most people would not be able to do accomplish that. True you can get past the flavor by becoming one with it. San Pedro doesn't contain any pellotine as far as I know which makes it more desirable to some degree.

--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

#3894379 - 03/09/05 06:51 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Well, I spent about $300 dollars on a chemistry set a few months ago and haven't done shit with it since I got it, so I might as well try to extract SOMETHING! I suppose I can order some cuttings specifically for this and practice extracting.

Otherwise I guess I will just make the tea with my precious baby that I'm growing unless I become proficient in extracting. Tea seems to be a surefire way. I mean, is the taste any worse than eating plain shrooms? The shroom taste doesn't really bother me so much as the texture which must be chewed, chewed, chewed! So sipping on some frothy mucus doesn't sound that bad...

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3894398 - 03/09/05 06:56 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Shrooms aren't really bitter. Cactus tea on the other hand...well imagine trying to sip on your own vomit.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: NEW san pedro/trichocereus sp. poll [Re: dblaney]
    #3897250 - 03/10/05 11:10 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

that sounds pretty bad, but like I said, if I can swallow it down without having to fight with the texture like shrooms I'm not worried about it. I can always put a shitload of Anbesol on my tounge to numb it...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order