Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations?
    #3869105 - 03/04/05 05:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Do you guys have lots of religious friends? Is religion failing in our generation or am I just not around religion at all and thus think so, but am wrong.

I can't tell how clear my logic is here. I have very, very few friends that are religious, but that's not a fair way to take a sampling. Is that why I don't have religious friends? Because I don't go to church? OR because there aren't alot of religious people in our generation.

How much religion are you guys around? Nobody I know believes in any form of religion except for a few.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3869129 - 03/04/05 05:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

most of my friends are not religious but I have had a few that were
it depends mostly on where you live

in urban areas and rich areas people don't have much use for the bible and jesus christ and all that bullshit

in the countryside things are very different

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3869164 - 03/04/05 05:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

most of my friends are atheists.

Atheism is the predominant 'religion' in europe i think.

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3869249 - 03/04/05 05:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think many areas are still religious, and many youth are buying into the idea of religion. I go to a large univeristy in texas and tehre are more than enough conservative christians to go around - i don't think organized religion will ever die out, there may be dips and peaks in attendence but i think its popularity will remain constant.

"there is a sucker born every minute..."

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3869327 - 03/04/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I thought it was dying out among the younger generations and so I was SUPRISED to keep seeing on MTV's room raiders how many college aged kids have Bibles in their rooms and how that is a big BONUS for those raiding the rooms looking for a a choice guy or gal to date.

Jesus seems big with even the MTV college crowed.

I'd have to say, I know more Christian religious church goers then not. I myself am not one.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3869365 - 03/04/05 06:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the new pope will be be 'big' :P he he

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: Gomp]
    #3869374 - 03/04/05 06:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder how prominent the new Pope will actually be. Does anyone care about the Pope? In this country?

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Loc: georgia
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? *DELETED* [Re: freddurgan]
    #3869733 - 03/04/05 07:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by wishcouldeletethis

Reason for deletion: k

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #3869762 - 03/04/05 07:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I seriously do think it will be gone by the time I die. It's just starting to become a joke and a problem, and as new generations see that they just won't buy into it, for which I am grateful.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3869913 - 03/04/05 08:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I believe religion and the society are on the verge of seperation. In the Muslim world the dawn of this reality has created a fundamentalist backlash. In the West, at has led to the rise of moralism. It's no coincidence that Howard Stern never had any problems for 20 years until now.

Every being on this earth is aware of the concept of God and death. Individual salvation works its way around. It is time that all religion is eliminated from society in the name of civil liberties.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: Gomp]
    #3869930 - 03/04/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The new pope will probably make Karol Wojtyla look like Deepak Chopra.

--------------------

Invisibleninjapixie
 User Gallery

#3870203 - 03/04/05 09:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Organised religion will never die and will continue to remain dominant. Too many closed-minded and/or stupid people.

--------------------
Put that monkey back in the oven.

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: ninjapixie]
    #3870243 - 03/04/05 09:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think I agree w/ninja pixie, I don't think religion is going to disappear so soon. However, as the result of some of the major changes that have taken place over the last century, I think the world's religions will have to work alot harder to maintain their influence. They will have to 'evolve' to put in it darwinian terms.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3870254 - 03/04/05 09:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No I don't have very many religious friends at all. Definitely none who are really openly religious.

And that's saying something, because I went to catholic school for 15 years! Almost all the kinds thought it was more of a joke than anything.

The only people I really know who are religious are my family, and even they aren't very religious at all (except for my grandparents).

I heard on the news a while back that the number of people who describe themselves as "not religious" in Canada is rising.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisibleninjapixie
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: trendal]
    #3870285 - 03/04/05 09:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hehe I went to a catholic school all my life too. I hung out with the gothics. Most of my friends now are ex-catholic/christian. We even considered starting an ex-catholics recovery club but were too lazy.

--------------------
Put that monkey back in the oven.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3870352 - 03/04/05 09:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

tragically..the answer to the title ? is a resounding yes...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3873869 - 03/05/05 05:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wow. Guess nobody told those people about actualising Scripture.

My answer to the question: yes. I think religion will be big once more. Although a lot of people claim to be agnostic where I live, those that believe are more rigid in their beliefs, regardless of their level of education.

In my honest opinion, a period of fundamentalism wouldn't be bad for us Westerners. When it's over we'll appreciate what liberties we have, instead of taking them for granted.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3873878 - 03/05/05 05:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes... we've got the wars and weather to inspire fear.  :thumbup:

/passes marks out on the right hand + forehead.

We're essentially bringing about self-fullfilled prophecies anyhow e.g. Biotech firms and chip implementation for tracking/credit/security reasons.

"We all good to go?" :lol:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/05/05 05:48 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3873905 - 03/05/05 05:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I once took a course in Sociology of Religion, and did a project related to this subject. What current trends show is that Europe is getting more secular, while America is getting more religious(particularly flocking towards conservative denominations and sects). So I'd say religion isn't going away any time soon, at least not in the US.

--------------------

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Do you think organized religion will be big in the next few generations? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3874057 - 03/05/05 06:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was talking about Europe. More secular perhaps, but those that are religious remain so. For instance, many people will still have their child baptised if they themselves aren't Christian. Or they'll still marry in church. Basing my opinion on those facts alone, I'd say religious institutions will still be needed.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom