Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Need advice from the garden...
    #3868811 - 03/04/05 06:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I made a thread a few weeks ago talking about how I wouldn't be able to get my poppy seeds in the ground until late April. I have two options:

The first option would be to just work with the soil that it already there and get them out within the next 2 weeks - I wouldn't be able to add anything to the soil though. I originally thought that the soil around here was all clay, but it seems that there is certain areas that are sandy, others that are all clay (I will have dig a bit to determine what soil there) - I mean, I can always fertilizer later. I will dig and mash up the soil already there to sort of aerate it a bit.

Should I remove all grass (and other plants) roots (i.e. remove the top later of the soil/ground)?

The second option would be to wait until late April (after April 20th) and at that time I can buy all the needed supplies (worm castings, fresh potting soil, manure, etc. etc.) - except that it pretty late for a plant that should be put in the ground at the beginning of Spring.

Right now, I am looking at option one. Poppies are quite hardy, and if I fertilizer later, I'm pretty sure they'll alright. What do you guys think? Thank you.

Edit: Input would be appreciated, instead of just voting. Thanks.
What would you do?
You may choose only one
Get them out now! They won't have enough time if put out in April.
Wait until you can get them into some well conditioned soil. April it is!

Votes accepted from (03/04/05 06:04 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Edited by theocean06 (03/04/05 10:31 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: Need advice from the garden... [Re: theocean06]
    #3870225 - 03/04/05 11:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I say put em out now. Can you get any soil amendments now? Maybe some old cow patties? But I'm sure they would benefit from the extra 5 or 6 weeks of growtime, and as soon as possible throw some bat guano or poultry poop on there. Good Luck!  :smile:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3870737 - 03/05/05 12:27 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

what area do you live in?

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: Need advice from the garden... [Re: neuro]
    #3872376 - 03/05/05 11:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I live in the Northeast. Do you need me to be more specific than that?

ToolTroll: No, I won't be able to get any soil amendments if put out early. I started thinking though, MycoCakeEater, who grows quite a few poppies, doesn't add anything to his plots - in fact, he doesn't do anything for the poppies for the entire grow, and his poppies do great. I will make a fertilizer "tea" for them, consisting of high P and N bat guano, liquid worm castings, and other things (I can't remember them right now, but I have it written down).

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #3872436 - 03/05/05 12:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well, i got my poppies growing right now indoors. Even though they are hardy what Ive noticed compared to lets say morning glories they are not very strong. Half of them that do sprout will die at least in my situation even though they are indoors. I personally wouldn't start them start them outdoors because it seems like if a heavy rain or strong winds came while they were sprouting very few would make it. I could be wrong though that's what i have noticed.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden