Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemeehi
Being
 User Gallery

Increase temp
    #3866574 - 03/04/05 06:09 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hey

Have had my 1/2 pint jars incubating at about 79F for 19 days and am about 90% colonized and they seem to have slowed a bit though they are still growing. Should I heat them for this last bit up to about 83F to try speed the colonization and also help for pinning when colonization is done and I remove the heat bringing it down to about 75F. There is no tape on the holes, and the jars have been flipped once. Thanks guys  :crazy2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island Flag
Re: Increase temp [Re: meehi]
    #3866641 - 03/04/05 06:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Personally, i would let them be, meaning not heat them anymore... that last 10% is ALWAYS slow.... best you can do is flip them, then smack them on something so that a small gap forms at the bottom, and promotes growth.... This is what i always did when i messed with the pf cakes... You'll probably want to dunk them to help cold shock, and fruit abundance.... Your doing great it sounds like, and are on the home stretch.... Just keep that patience, and it will definatly pay off...

P.s. After a few rounds of pf cakes, jump up to whole grain.... its much easier than it seems at first, as is the pf tek, which im sure your figuring out.... Good luck brother.

--------------------

Offlinemeehi
Being
 User Gallery

Re: Increase temp [Re: Floydseamus]
    #3866671 - 03/04/05 07:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks a bunch... Thought not fiddling would be a better plan. The water content in my jars is pritty soggy, so I was gonna wait for the 2nd flush before doing a dunk, the reason being I was a little worried about contams and such... Still think I should do the dunk? Also could I just take the lids off my jars, scrape off the verm and submerge my cakes under water whilst still in the jars (with lid off). The reason being not wanting to risk contams and reduce handling of the cakes. I'm hating this last little bit of waiting, it's driving me crazy  :crazy2:

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Increase temp [Re: meehi]
    #3866692 - 03/04/05 07:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

First of all, what makes you think they are soggy brother? I think you should do a dunk.... Always produces better fruits in my opinion. How long did it take for the jars to colonize up to this point? If they were that seriously soggy, it would have taken a very long time for them to colonize. As far as dunking, yeah I would say to do just as you yourself said... Scrape off the verm, fill with water, but then you should put the lids back on, in order to hold the cake under water. About this last little bit.... I think one of the biggest rewards of continued growing is the growth of patience itself... Once you have a bit of confidence under your belt, it makes waiting soooooo much easier, and it ends up making it seem like things are going much faster..... Anyway... things are sounding really good for you bro.... good job.... If you need anything else, feel free to pm me.... I might be gone this weekend tho, but I'll try to check up..... Peace bro....

--------------------

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

#3866696 - 03/04/05 07:37 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ahhh ok you said 19 days up to this point.... sounds like you did a pretty damn good job then..... Keep doing the whole brf cake thing until it becomes almost second nature, then as i said before, jump to grain.... I've had quart grain jars fully colonized in about 8-9 days.... Thats half, to less than half the time, and you get much more substrate to play with per jar. The thing about this hobby in my opinion, is you just need to get a feel for the whole process, then the sky is the limit my friend... lol ..... right on... like i said... pm me if u need anything.... peace

--------------------

Offlinemeehi
Being
 User Gallery

#3867153 - 03/04/05 11:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hey thanks. Just thought it was a bit soggy cause of all the condensation on the sides of the glass. Plus I added a little more water than the origional recipe said... :rolleyes:  I thought it looked like it could do with a little more... the origional recipe was 1/2 cup verm and 1/4 flour and 1/4 water. Anyway will do the dunk and maybe try post some pictures of the progress. Thanks again for the help  :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation